New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Honestly, palitan mo nalang lahat.

China, Indonesian, Malaysian, Vietnamese tires... whatever, pwede na rin yan kaysa naman sa mga "dying" tires na nakakabit sayo ngayon. Hindi bridgestone, oo, pero malamang mas matibay sa bridgestone mo ngayon na upod at luma na.
    Better safe than sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Honestly, palitan mo nalang lahat.

China, Indonesian, Malaysian, Vietnamese tires... whatever, pwede na rin yan kaysa naman sa mga "dying" tires na nakakabit sayo ngayon. Hindi bridgestone, oo, pero malamang mas matibay sa bridgestone mo ngayon na upod at luma na.
    I agree, try other tires like GT Radial. Federal Tires, they're cheaper than Dunlop, but at least it's safer than the 4 tires you're currently using.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    palitan mo na kesa naman sa daan ka pa abutin.. sad to say sobrang mahal talaga ng gulong ngayon..

I was force to change all my 4tires of my Ford Explorer as it was rejected for registration renewal.. di ko na pansin 2008 pa pala gulong ko I bought the car 2009.. sayang tuloy tires ko may 90% pa thread.. but Im still keeping it sayang naman pang reserba nalang

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock View Post
    palitan mo na kesa naman sa daan ka pa abutin.. sad to say sobrang mahal talaga ng gulong ngayon..

I was force to change all my 4tires of my Ford Explorer as it was rejected for registration renewal.. di ko na pansin 2008 pa pala gulong ko I bought the car 2009.. sayang tuloy tires ko may 90% pa thread.. but Im still keeping it sayang naman pang reserba nalang
    they actually enforce the check lists? eh bakit nakak register pa mga PUJs?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock View Post

I never experienced my tires being checked upon registration hmmm

------

Where to look for tire year ? Is it stamped on the tires itself ? pics pls thnx

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa akin, palitan na lahat. yung luma, malutong na yan eh.... delikado lalo na kung high speeds.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post

------

Key Tyre Marking Description
    A Manufacturers or brand name, and commercial name or identity.
    B Tyre size, construction and speed rating designations. Tubeless designates a tyre which requires no inner tube. See tyre sizes and speed ratings below. DIN-type tyre marking also has the load index encoded in it. These go from a load index of 50 (190kg) up to an index of 169 (5800kg).
    C Denotes type of car tyre construction.
    D M&S denotes a car tyre designed for mud and snow. Reinforced marking only where applicable.
    E Pressure marking requirement.
    F ECE (not EEC) type approval mark and number.
    G North American Dept of Transport compliance symbols and identification numbers.
    H Country of manufacture.

DOT Codes and the 6-year shelf life

As part of the DOT code (G in the tyre marking above), there is a tyre manufacture date stamped on the sidewall. Oddly this code is sometimes only one one sidewall so you might need to get under your car and look at the inward-facing side of the tyre. Take a look at yours - there will be a three- or four-digit code. This code denotes when the tyre was manufactured, and as a rule-of-thumb, you should never use tyres more than 6 years old. The rubber in tyres degrades over time, irrespective of whether the tyre is being used or not. When you get a tyre change, if you can, see if the tyre place will allow you to inspect the new tyres first. It's not uncommon for these shops to have stuff in stock which is more than 6 years old. The tyre might look brand new, but it will delaminate or have some other failure within weeks of being put on a vehicle.
    Reading the code. The code is pretty simple. The three-digit code was used for tyres manufactured before 2000. So for example 1 7 6 means it was manufactured in the 17th week of 6th year of the decade. In this case it means 1986. For tyres manufactured in the 90's, the same code holds true but there is a little triangle after the DOT code. So for this example, a tyre manufactured in the 17th week of 1996 would have the code 176triangle
    After 2000, the code was switched to a 4-digit code. Same rules apply, so for example 3 0 0 3 means the tyre was manufactured in the 30th week of 2003.

Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 1 of 4

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post

------

How Old are your Tires? Your Safety may Depend on the Answer

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    sa akin, palitan na lahat. yung luma, malutong na yan eh.... delikado lalo na kung high speeds.
    If i recall reading an NLEX bulletin before, tire failure is one of the main causes of accidents or breakdowns (the first being driver error).

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nagtitipid kasi yung iba sa gulong di nila alam mas magastos magpa-embalsamo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast