New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    safe naman yan.. basta wheel balanced and cambered well after ng installation ng rims.. after getting my rims for a week or two.. drove to tagaytay.... sarap ng grip... hinde ko naman naramdaman un pagkasluggish sa acceleration though

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    why not as long as you are 100% sure there are no potholes.

if you drive * 140kph then you suddenly drive through a pothole..say byebye to your 'pogi' rims

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    actually it depends din on the rims.. kung matibay naman ang rim and tries combo.. ok naman.. aminado ako medyo marameng times na ako nahulogsa potholes.. hahahaha :D

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    When we say slow... what we mean is: Okay, yes, it'll still hit 140 km/h.... but it'll take quite a bit longer to get there...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    As long as you're not into high-speed driving, then sure why not?

Safe for city and mixed driving.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    140km/h on the Skyway? You can go faster. Up to 180km/h with my 20s. As of the moment, there aren't any potholes up there, so it's safe to push it for as long as you and your car (Autobann-stable naman ang e46) can handle the speed. The wheels and tires are going to be ok. They're wider, and have lower profile, so they can handle the speed for as long as you can get it up to such speed.

Now, since we don't have Skyway-smooth roads in the rest of the metro, you're gonna have to make a conscious effort to look out for and avoid potholes. While you're on stock wheels and tires, acquaint yourself with the roads you traverse, and memorize the bad parts. Your 19" combo will not be able to withstand what your stock combo can, but it's not to say that it can't handle some bumps here and there. I can't say how much slower on the average I had to go after upgrading from tires, but I think I can say it's not very much. As mentioned by a few on this thread, however, the additional weight will affect your car's performance. But also as mentioned, flat out speed perhaps wasn't very high on your priority list when you bought a 316, so I suggest you get the big wheels, trade off some speed and just take care while driving along pothole infested Metro Manila.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Currently have 245-35-20 on my Camry, the ride is still negligible hindi matagtag maybe kung ipapa-lower ko then I will notice the stiffness, but right now my passengers can't tell much of the difference compared to the stock tires/wheels. So far ok pa naman wala pang damage, at walang rubbing, I just hate crossing railroad tracks. A few more downside that I can share...medyo babagal nga ang acceleration dahil mas mabigat, also, I used to get around 28MPG on highway driving (always between 75-80MPH) pero ngayon I'll be happy if I can past 24MPG.

My rims & tires...due for an oil change kaya nasa shop.
    [/IMG]
    Last edited by Camgen6; January 21st, 2007 at 01:40 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    After much thought, i have decided to put in 18" rims with 235/40/R18 tires for my '02-316i. Who makes these rims here? I have made my rounds and all i see are Concept One Rims. Are there any other companies that does rims that would fit my car? Where's the best places to check out a good variety of rims, both used and brand new that are reasonably priced? Also, whats the best brand of tires should i consider? Maraming maraming salamat po

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Are 19-inch Rims Safe?