Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    miss ko rin ito...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    miss ko rin ito...

sarap niyan FXT at hindi nakakasawang kainin..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    salonika, have you tried the restaurant near the road going up to the town hall that cooks to order a pork dish (forgot its name and components na). mega-sized serving and dirt cheap. not to mention that it leaves you woozy when you leave the resto.
    I have to admit, I haven't tried any of the restaurants in Sablan since our house is less than a km from the town hall so I'd rather eat at home. That restaurant (Ignacia's) has been there since my childhood days, dami nang nainom at napulutan ni erpat dun.

Clarin's Restaurant
    Tumpak! I wonder how much is the eat-all-you-can now.

Naguilian - carinderia in front of Petron, imbaliktad, igado, papaitan (do you have the exact address? baka makadagas kami intono agawid idiay ilocos. TY
    There is only one carinderia near Petron (the one right before the town plaza going north, Petron nga ba yun o Caltex?). I'm not sure about the name but ask if it is owned by an Abenoja. If it is, yun na yun.

I remembered the name of the carinderia in San Fernando LU public market - NUVAL'S.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    salonika, re clarins, it has been several years since i last went there too. the reason being that i don't travel much between towns during daytime anymore. the old man (lolo noling) who was the force behind the kitchen and the "clarin" in the restaurant's name passed away many years ago.

correction: re the candon chichacorn, the guy to look for is manong vic sy.

fxt, you can try this one: igado recipe i am no cook, my talents are mainly in the eating department. but personally, i find some of the ingredients in this recipe a bit off; adda sky flakes na (huh?); the version we have in vigan doesn't have guisantes; and finally, why is there no ilocos vinegar? it's what gives the igado its kick (at least sa version namin).

the dish in the lower part of the photo is the igado version we cook at home. the one beside it is a famous ilocano dish with a famously notorious name that will set off warning bells in tagalogs' ears. extra papaitan to the first GI who guesses it right.
    Last edited by diesoline; April 3rd, 2006 at 08:38 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    [QUOTE=diesoline]salonika, re clarins, it has been several years since i last went there too. the reason being that i don't travel much between towns during daytime anymore. the old man (lolo noling) who was the force behind the kitchen and the "clarin" in the restaurant's name passed away many years ago.

correction: re the candon chichacorn, the guy to look for is manong vic sy.

fxt, you can try this one: igado recipe i am no cook, my talents are mainly in the eating department. but personally, i find some of the ingredients in this recipe a bit off; adda sky flakes na (huh?); the version we have in vigan doesn't have guisantes; and finally, why is there no ilocos vinegar? it's what gives the igado its kick (at least sa version namin).

mmm...makapabisin talaga. bro diesoline, kasatno ti luto na diyay P...*2?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    bongliza... too shy to type out the answer fully? looks like you have been residing too long in tagalog territory!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kagutom! mangan tayon! wohoo! :D

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    inya menu tayo tatta nga semana kakabsat?

9. FrankDrebin Guest
    Hindi ako Ilocano pero wrong timing ang thread niyo! Lunch time na eh! Nakakagutom!!! :D

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    tinuno nga dalag!!!

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
The Ilokano Food Thread