New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    As a result of some intense research over the past 5+ months, there seems to be a directive from Toyota (Phil and or Japan) that ALL lexus vehicles in the Phil must be serviced at Lexus for any repairs, no matter if in or out of warranty! The Toyota dealer would not even allow for an appointment to be placed on their books for my USA car (even when it is not shipped yet) and the Lexus dealer in Manila would not talk to me about even having the correct US ODB2 (onboard display 2nd gen) software for a properly imported US LS 400. Since there may not be any similar Asian model Toyota branded Sedans in the Phil, the Toyota dealers there will only have info on the Camry/ES 350 since they share the same drivetrain (that is if you can find a V6 Camry). If the service/repair location in the Phil gets your VIN they will decode it and learn very fast if it was made for the Phil. Example: on a 17 digit VIN, Character #1, length 3 of the VIN number is the World Manufacturer Identifier (WMI) the first character is the country, the next 1 or 2 designates the manufacturer. Character #4, length 5 of the VIN number is the body style or features (VDS), which is another place where they will tell if the car was made for the Phil or not. Character #11, length 1 of the VIN number identifies the assembly plant and if your car is made in a plant that is not identified as a plant that ships cars to the Phil, that will be the 2nd check point. So, a VIN that starts with JT...... means the car was built in Japan by Toyota (whereas PA-PE = Philippines). If my plans work out, I will bring some parts but mostly I will use two California parts locations that will allow me to order the parts I need by VIN number. So many of the Toyota/Lexus models in the Phil have less developed engines, fuel & timing systems, transmission control systems compared to US Toyota/Lexus Models, that few parts from Phil destined cars will work properly on imported models, if at all. You need to make sure that the country your Lexus was built for has OEM or aftermarket performance parts that are available via online ordering and use that VIN number as a must!!!!!!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    This is to update my previous post regarding 2 service campaigns afffecting my imported ES 350. I'm happy to announce here that Lexus Phils accommodated my unit by 1) replacing the VVT-oil hose and 2) replacing also my OEM floor mats with a new set of OEM mats safe from accelerator pedal interference, as required by the service campaigns. All of these free of charge! Mr. Jeff Matsuo, the After Sales Director, has been very kind and professional in attending to my service needs. Congratulations to Lexus Phils and keep up the service de luxe.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Would you guys know what shop could do simple change oil maintenance for my ES 350?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Have you found a place already to service your Lex? i am also looking for one. please let me know

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchie View Post
    This is to update my previous post regarding 2 service campaigns afffecting my imported ES 350. I'm happy to announce here that Lexus Phils accommodated my unit by 1) replacing the VVT-oil hose and 2) replacing also my OEM floor mats with a new set of OEM mats safe from accelerator pedal interference, as required by the service campaigns. All of these free of charge! Mr. Jeff Matsuo, the After Sales Director, has been very kind and professional in attending to my service needs. Congratulations to Lexus Phils and keep up the service de luxe.
    Thats good news... We have a local 2010 es350, is this affected with the same problem that you have???

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    From hanging out in this site I learned that SPEEDYFIX is the best alternative for casa repairs and maintenance of any vehicle brand.

Here is their link: http://www.speedyfixph.com/

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    Thats good news... We have a local 2010 es350, is this affected with the same problem that you have???
    My safety recall notice (from Lexus USA) covers certain 2007 through 2010 model year ES 350. I'm not sure if ES 350 Phils is included. If ever, you should have received the formal safety recall notice (letter) by now. Lexus is very efficient with its communication. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Where to service imported Lexus ?