New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Would anybody know if there are shops who can maintain Lexus in Metro Manila ? The office dealership demands PHP500,000 (no typo) to repair cars not purchased thru them.
    Imported Lexuses have been around for some time in Metro Manila (before the new dealership) so I am guessing they must exists.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    isn't lexus under toyota? maybe you can try it there.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    You go to the Lexus dealer at Boni Global City.

By the way, here's the exact info on Lexus's Phils policy on accepting Gray Imports.

Owners of Lexus units brought into the country before Lexus's official arrival on January 14, 2009, have to pay a one-time fee of P50,000. Owners of units bought in after January 14, 2009, pay a one-time fee of P500,000 and then P50,000 every time they have their car serviced.

They don't exactly encourage gray imports.

I wonder what's their standing policy if you buy parts from them. Do they ask for your registration or unit info to see if it's gray?
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; November 5th, 2009 at 11:34 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    50,000 pesos EVERY service (major or minor/basic)??????? so, when you only need oil change do you still have to pay 50,000 pesos??????? talk about highway robbery.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wonder if they would cover for this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs7WI2s-CVw&"]YouTube- Toyota Engine Oil Sludge or Toyota Oil Gel Engine Failure[/ame]

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    There's nothing in a Lexus that can't be fixed by an experienced and capable mechanic outside the dealership. Parts can be sourced from the net.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    There's nothing in a Lexus that can't be fixed by an experienced and capable mechanic outside the dealership. Parts can be sourced from the net.
    +1

You're only screwed if you have a warranty issue... and unless you have sludge from not changing your oil often enough (simple solution? Change every 5000 kms), you shouldn't have one.

It's not very nice... but the official dealership isn't required by law or ethics to service products that they don't sell officially. Some manufacturers of electronics are the same.

The fact that it turns away customers who don't like this high-handed attitude probably doesn't bother them one bit. Other manufacturers are more democratic, but the fact that there's only one Lexus dealership, and gray market units will eat a huge share of their sales (unlike cheaper brands, where the cost of bringing in grays is often offset by the higher tax) is probably a deciding factor in this policy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I don't understand why they don't like servicing the gray market cars if it's not a warranty issue. It may affect their sales but most dealerships make their money in the service dept. How many units do they expect to sell per month? If you service all the cars regardless of gray or not it can make you more money even if there isn't much sales.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    I don't understand why they don't like servicing the gray market cars if it's not a warranty issue. It may affect their sales but most dealerships make their money in the service dept. How many units do they expect to sell per month? If you service all the cars regardless of gray or not it can make you more money even if there isn't much sales.
    I don't think they expect to sell a lot of cars given their pricing of their car line up and how it compares to the other cars on the market.

Their cheapest car, the IS300, is not as impressive as (say) a BMW 3-series.

Only their top of the line LS460 impresses me as a luxury car during my test drive but the sticker price might make you want to choose more established brands like Benz, BMW, Audi or even Jaguar.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Our local Lexus dealer doesn't even know yet how to handle the implementation of service campaigns like the VFT-i oil hose replacement and the accelerator pedal safety recall campaigns. I've been waiting for its feedback for 1 month now for my 2008 ES 350 which is covered by those service campaigns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Where to service imported Lexus ?