New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi I hope this helps. Please don't call me sir. I am no different from you are. benchao is good. Here's what I remembered.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    thanks benchao!
    i guess i just have to have my ride checked by an electrician.
    i tried interchanging fuses and relays and nothing seems busted...
    to no avail, i can't make my dim light work .
    yun lang kasi hirap minsan o madalas. a little problem can be a costly one pag yung nakuha mong gagawa eh nagmamarunong lang pala o mangagancho.

questions:
    -can't the foglamps be switched on solo? what i mean is, do you have to switch on the headlights to be able to make them (foglamps) light?

-i'm currently using my foglamps as an alternative for my lowbeam since they aren't working. will constantly using them bring harm to my car or to it's electricals?

oh Lord, please make my dim light shine!
    salamat ulit sa sagot at sa mga sasagot!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Unfortunately,
    Wala po pala talaga sa manual pero meron sa front ng Fusebox. Tutuklawin nako.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by benchao View Post
    Thanks Raine and Dr. D.

I did had the socket replaced yesterday. The wires where okay. But the bright still doesn't work. What do you think Dr. D? I guess the 2001 xto doesn't have a relay. I'll have it checked again tomorrow.

Melvin
    Doesn't have relay? It's immpossiblethat 2001 xto or any vehicle doesn't have relay for the headlights. This flyby night filipino mechanic always said this which is WRONG. There is poa relay please see your owners manual. Kindly check the grounding of your headlight. Or have the steering wheel be removed and check contacts & wiring of the controls.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by benchao View Post
    Thanks Raine and Dr. D.

I did had the socket replaced yesterday. The wires where okay. But the bright still doesn't work. What do you think Dr. D? I guess the 2001 xto doesn't have a relay. I'll have it checked again tomorrow.

Melvin
    Quote Originally Posted by Xti_Soon View Post
    Wala po pala talaga sa manual pero meron sa front ng Fusebox. Tutuklawin nako.

It's clearly visible po down the IG B1 1. Headlight on the lower portion dim. Next somewhere on the right side & itaas there is the headlight RM LM marking 4 po iyan. yan po ang mga ipa check kung ok. Then kindly have the headlight groundings be checked. Then if ok ang headlight grounding sa manubela, yung control wiring and contacts

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    thanks benchao!
    yun lang kasi hirap minsan o madalas. a little problem can be a costly one pag yung nakuha mong gagawa eh nagmamarunong lang pala o mangagancho.

questions:
    -can't the foglamps be switched on solo? what i mean is, do you have to switch on the headlights to be able to make them (foglamps) light?

-i'm currently using my foglamps as an alternative for my lowbeam since they aren't working. will constantly using them bring harm to my car or to it's electricals?

Electrician po who knows how to use electrical tester and knows how to troubleshoot & analyze the problem. Not just inorder to lit your headlights they'll run another wire and putting a relay sales talk ika nga po. Ayun nagkaroon ng sphagetti wiring na mga cars nyo. Let them troubleshoot and don't allow them to run another wire just for the sake na magkaroon lang po ng ilaw

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    thanks benchao!
    yun lang kasi hirap minsan o madalas. a little problem can be a costly one pag yung nakuha mong gagawa eh nagmamarunong lang pala o mangagancho. Marami pong ganyan d2 sa pinas.nkahawak lang ng screwdriver at plier, electrician nanaku po. Kapag marunong pong gumamit ng multi-tester * will troubleshoot ur electrical problem., n solved it without rewiring ur headlight, yan po ang nakakaalam na auto-electrician.
    Kya maraming vehicle d2 sa atin na naging pansit ang electrical system bcoz of this BOBO at nagmamarunong, mang gagantsong electrician daw.
    Nagastusan na kayo palpak nman

questions:
    -can't the foglamps be switched on solo? what i mean is, do you have to switch on the headlights to be able to make them (foglamps) light? Pwede
    pong switch yung foglight on solo no need po to switch first the headlight. Please try.

-i'm currently using my foglamps as an alternative for my lowbeam since they aren't working. will constantly using them bring harm to my car or to it's electricals? No po, it will no give harm to your vehicle

or Look for REY AUTO electrical shop.Sa Marikina a tuazon street

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    questions:

Yes and no. No since you would need to AT LEAST turn on the parklights to make the foglamps work. (makes sense to me). Yes, since you can run the foglamps without turning on the headlights.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    sir pano po magpalit ng ilaw for the foglights? pundi ung isa kong ilaw. may car is XUVi 04. pde ba ako gumamit ng H4 na bulb sa headlight and fog lights ko? ndi ba madali madiskarga ung batt ko. 90/100watts..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    sa wakas umilaw na rin yung dim light ko!

yun lang naubos oras ko sa banawe sa katitingin sa mga relay ng mga walang alam na electrician kuno, di rin pala nila magagawa.
    at nagtyaga akong lakbayin ang madilim na landas ng san pablo laguna noong 24 ng disyembre. gamit lamang ang aking fog lights at high beam na kinakainisan ng mga sumasalubong!
    sa probinsya ko pa napaayos c/o my wifes brother. sa switch lang pala may kaunting deperensya.
    ayaw bumaba ng todo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
My head light has a prob.  need help.