New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    To maximize your light potential, I advise you get your headlight cleaned para luminaw ang salamin at reflectors. Also check the focus of the lens.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    sirs, my xto's headlights' low beam aren't working. i already brought it to several shops to have them tested but they are still okay.
    a so called electrician already checked them and can't figure out what causes them not to work on low.
    can anybody tell me what seems to be my lights' problem and if i can just "diy" it, please help me out?
    i can't get a decent electrician or mechanic here in my place. they'll charge you for just staring at your car.
    HELP WANTED!
    TIA!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Maybe your headlight dim is busted, you may want to replace it. But I'm guessing that you have already tried it. Anyway, try this:
    1. Open your hood and open the black box where the relays are located. This black box is located just above your car's battery. It has some electrical diagram on its cover.
    2. Remove the relay for your head lights. Try replacing it with any of the relays next to it (i.e. the relay for your cooler). Then, test your head lights. If it is working then your relay has a problem. You can buy a replacement relay for about P150 in your local auto shop. Bring your old relay as a sample when you buy a replacement.

Hope this solves your headlight problem. This was the problem of my XTO a few days ago. But it was the bright that was not working.

BTW, where are you located?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by benchao View Post
    Maybe your headlight dim is busted, you may want to replace it. But I'm guessing that you have already tried it. Anyway, try this:
    1. Open your hood and open the black box where the relays are located. This black box is located just above your car's battery. It has some electrical diagram on its cover.
    2. Remove the relay for your head lights. Try replacing it with any of the relays next to it (i.e. the relay for your cooler). Then, test your head lights. If it is working then your relay has a problem. You can buy a replacement relay for about P150 in your local auto shop. Bring your old relay as a sample when you buy a replacement.

Hope this solves your headlight problem. This was the problem of my XTO a few days ago. But it was the bright that was not working.

BTW, where are you located?
    thanks man! i hope the relay's really the problem. too bad though coz the diagram on the box is already gone. anyway it's for me to figure out. thanks again!
    i'm a vagabond who just found a place to crash in for a while in caloocan.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    sir benchao, here's my "black box"..........

can you please tell me where the relays for the low beams are located? i've found out that the two red relays on the top of the box are for the headlights and they are working. aren't they for the high-beams only?
    and is there a relay or fuse missing?
    salamat po ng marami! at salamat din sa mga tutulong!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    sir benchao, here's my "black box"..........

can you please tell me where the relays for the low beams are located? i've found out that the two red relays on the top of the box are for the headlights and they are working. aren't they for the high-beams only?
    and is there a relay or fuse missing?
    salamat po ng marami! at salamat din sa mga tutulong!
    up ko lang kesa gumawa ng thread para naman di sayang bandwidth. baka naman po may
    maka pag post ng diagram sa inyo for this. wala na kasi yung saakin. salamat in advance!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    up ko lang kesa gumawa ng thread para naman di sayang bandwidth. baka naman po may
    maka pag post ng diagram sa inyo for this. wala na kasi yung saakin. salamat in advance!
    You asked for it, YOU GOT IT!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    You asked for it, YOU GOT IT!

Sir Benz, Meron ba sa manual ito?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    *benzmizer-wala na kong masabi! i dunno how to thank you.
    such benevolence can only make me say.......................
    I'M NOT WORTHY!

salamat! maraming salamat!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Xti_Soon View Post
    Sir Benz, Meron ba sa manual ito?
    Unfortunately,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
My head light has a prob.  need help.