New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Maybe but its pricey..

Mukhang katapat nito ay yung BEEP ng Mitsubishi..

Sa May pa daw to lalabas..Same date nang launch ng BEEP na 3.9 Liter Turbocharged diesel engine..
    At 1.2M with Aircon, it can be an alternative to the Nissan Urvan if they can squeeze in more than 20 passengers. Lets wait for the final specs. The BEEP looks to be much bigger.

IMHO, Jeepney operators wont be easily swayed in investing into this branded vehicles. They are more likely to purchase this:

There are a growing number of these Jumbo/Aircon Jeepneys plying the Buendia-Pasay Makati route.
    Last edited by Benji_DCP; March 17th, 2010 at 10:31 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I hope the "Garage-to-Terminal" boys operate these, especially here in Bulacan.

But is it a six-wheeler? It might be considered a Class 2 in the NLEX, and operators won't like that.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    I hope the "Garage-to-Terminal" boys operate these, especially here in Bulacan.

But is it a six-wheeler? It might be considered a Class 2 in the NLEX, and operators won't like that.
    I think its not.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    I think its not.
    class 2 sya pag 7ft/up height regardless kung 4/6 wheeler sya

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I think it's just as tall as the regular 4-wheeled NKR so no problem if it isn't a 6-wheeler.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Isuzu Philippines Microbus-Assembled by Centro Manufacturing, Inc. of the Philippines

http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/ind...ring&Itemid=72

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Reminds me of the Isuzu NKR.

It could be used for passenger service (16 max) but with a price tag of P1.3M to P2M, would it be a good replacement for the existing vehicles already in service?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    http://www.malaya.com.ph/04212010/busi9.html#

The company has not received orders from clients as it has yet to perfect the final form of the Microbus.

The commercial launch of the Microbus has been set for the end of the year at the cost of P1.3 million per unit.

But according to Takeda, the cost of producing the Microbus is more than P1.3 million due to the repairs and touch-ups required after production.

The company is also eyeing more localization by sourcing parts from local manufacturers.

"We have to reduce (repairs) to minimize the cost. We can also localize more imported parts and components to reduce the parts costs, especially if we want to mass produce it," Takeda said.

He said most of the components that went into the production of two prototype units were imported. The body is sourced from a local maker, Centro Manufacturing Corp., while the chassis is produced by IPC.
    "We are not satisfied with the prototype units," Takeda said, adding that they need to be reduced in length and in height.

The Microbus is a 16-seater all-purpose vehicle that is bigger than a regular van but smaller than a coaster.

It will be geared for mass transport such as for shuttle service. It can also be used as delivery vehicles.

The Microbus seats can be rearranged and can be custom-built depending on the requirements of the customers.

Using the NHR engine and power train from Japan, the Microbus is imported completely knocked-down from Indonesia and built locally by Centro.
    IPC eyes to sell 40 to 50 units a month of the Microbus.

Utilizing the NHR chassis, this Microbus is designed to carry more passengers or larger cargoes than standard vans. The seats can be rearranged depending on the customer’s requirement.

It has a dual-aircon for that much needed comfort for all passengers and it can be installed with additional accessories based on current market demand.

The overall length is 5,025 mm, overall height is 2,250 mm and overall width is 1,700 mm.

Takeda said IPC will launch this year its new NKR series trucks after a little delay. The series is compliant with Euro 2 standards and follows the similar feat of the NHR, NPR and NQR series.

The resumption of NKR manufacture lifts the company’s production to more than 100 a month from 70.

Isuzu Export Hit Snag

Irma Isip
    Malaya Business Insights

April 21, 2010
    Good news for local vehicle parts manufacturers.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    But according to Takeda, the cost of producing the Microbus is more than P1.3 million due to the repairs and touch-ups required after production.
    I've seen this before in the local heavy metal construction industry. Items coming out of the fabrication process still needing repairs and touch-ups. The thing is - it takes time, manpower and materials to do repairs. The supervisors, engineers and foremen can't or won't think of a way to improve the production methods to attain zero defects. It's the puwede na iyan mentality. Result: this once great construction company, one of the oldest in the Philippines, is now a shadow of its former self.
    Last edited by donbuggy; April 21st, 2010 at 04:03 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I like! Just increase seating capacity to 20 pax and up!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Isuzu Micro Bus