New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji_DCP View Post
    I like! Just increase seating capacity to 20 pax and up!
    Good thing is they are putting more local parts and the van is reconfigured for Philippine use.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Good thing is they are putting more local parts and the van is reconfigured for Philippine use.
    I like this, let's say I'll buy this is it easy to put a PUJ Franchise to this vehicle? I bet this will always be full of passenger because it's airconditioned and more comfortable than jeepney, jeepney's will become obsolete if we can make this run in major routes around metro manila.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    di ba may kapareho niyan? Mitsubishi ang may gawa. Beepney yata ang tawag (bus and jeepney combined). what happened sa project nila? Pati dito sa Isuzu?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Any comments about Isuzu Microbus which was recently showcased at the Philippine International Motor Show?

My comment would be: will this vehicle compete with the Public Vans/FXs or even those jeepney? But when i asked an SA, it will not be sold yet here in PH due to some parts needs to be sourced here.

The microbus is a Truck based vehicle

some pics:

Last edited by myas110; August 27th, 2010 at 05:44 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    Any comments about Isuzu Microbus which was recently showcased at the Philippine International Motor Show?

some pics:

It would be good for ISUZU to have this. Besides, diesel is their expertise and they never had a mini bus or van in their line-up. Looking to see lots of these on the road.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Are the specifications the same as with the NHR truck? If so, then wouldn't it be quite underpowered? They've got to install a turbo intercooler engine in this one. Maybe they can also make one on the NPR or NQR chassis so it can seat more people. If properly marketed, I can see the NHR variant having huge success in the GT Express industry where for a few hundred thousand pesos more, they can seat more people and still deliver good fuel economy.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I also saw this at the PIM Show.

If I had the capital, I'd operate a Micro Bus only if it could seat a few more...looks like this one seats too few for public transportation.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    an urvan could seat 21 and costs 1.1 something? mas mataas lang ito.

parang hiace ang likod...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well, its still a prototype so there's still room for improvement. Perhaps Isuzu can make one on a lengthened chassis and provide an option for side facing benches as well much like the way the Urvan is able to seat 21 (or was it 18?). But then we don't see many 21 seater Urvans running around as GT Express vehicles, too uncomfortable perhaps? And BTW, why hasn't anyone thought of using the NHR-PV for GT Express?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

i'm sure may naka isip na nyan

but bigger is capital needed to acquire a new Isuzu Microbus

not many operators can afford it

and besides, there probably arent any LTFRB regulations yet re the use of microbuses for GT express

no investor is gonna buy a microbus and use it for GT express

not until there are clear guidelines re that

hirap na baka ma-impound
    Last edited by uls; August 28th, 2010 at 05:20 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Isuzu Micro Bus