New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi sirs. I plan to change the stock horn of my dmax lt. Looking at piaa super bass horn.

A. Any comment on the product?
    B. I don't know exactly where it will be installed? Any idea?

Thank you sirs

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    Hi sirs. I plan to change the stock horn of my dmax lt. Looking at piaa super bass horn.

Been using it for a year na sobrang babad sa busina especially mga motorcycle and jeep na saan saan nagbababa.. Medyo mahina compared sa Europa but nakakabastos parin pakinggan. You'll need to put a relay, a thick wiring and good fuse para lumabas yung ganda ng PIAA.

Import Elementz in G. Araneta. It will cost you around 2700 total with new wiring connection.
    Thank you sirs

Been using it for a year na sobrang babad sa busina especially mga motorcycle and jeep na saan saan nagbababa.. Medyo mahina compared sa Europa but nakakabastos parin pakinggan. You'll need to put a relay, a thick wiring and good fuse para lumabas yung ganda ng PIAA.

Import Elementz in G. Araneta. It will cost you around 2700 total with new wiring connection.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post

Thanks for the reply sir.

Where exactly under the hood is the best place to install it? where did you place yours under the hood? Right behind the grills?

Ive been looking for the place where the stock horns are placed but can't locate it.

Salamat ulit

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i just had my horn upgraded to FIAMMS.
    pag nasa loob ka ng oto, it sounds soft, pero pag nasa labas ka, nakakaasar ang tunog.
    it was installed behind the grille, in front of the radiators, nakayuko to avoid it being wet pag nagpapa carwash.
    i had a relay installed.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    pag nasa loob ka ng oto, it sounds soft, pero pag nasa labas ka, nakakaasar ang tunog.
    it was installed behind the grille, in front of the radiators, nakayuko to avoid it being wet pag nagpapa carwash.
    i had a relay installed.
    My first horn change was actually Fiamm AM80. OEM ng ford expedition and bmw yan noon. May nabusinahan akong jeep before kasi bigla nagbaba ng pasehero tapos binato ako ng wet tissue ng isang passenger. Ganyan ako katuwa sa Fiamm but changed it to PIAA kasi nararamdaman kong medyo nanghihingalo na but still very happy. I would purchase one again the in the future.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i had a relay installed.
    If may relay, will it not have an effect sa electrical ng sasakyan. I own a 2yr old dmax sir. Pasensya na tanong. Newbie here. Salamat

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If may relay, will it not have an effect sa electrical ng sasakyan. I own a 2yr old dmax sir. Pasensya na tanong. Newbie here. Salamat

nope. actually, the relay helps your electrical system in current distribution. instead of the horn getting the power directly from the battery, the relay acts as a switch.

Got from Google:

Relays in general are used to enable a low amperage circuit to switch on or off a higher amperage circuit, like turning on your headlights. If you were to try and directly hook up your headlights to the headlight switch you would exceed the amperage rating of the switch, melt wires, and risk an electrical fire. Relays are also used to switch multiple things at the same time using one output. A single output connected to multiple relays will allow you to open continuity and/or close continuity simultaneously, for example turning on your radio while the antenna extends.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for the reply sir.

Where exactly under the hood is the best place to install it? where did you place yours under the hood? Right behind the grills?

Ive been looking for the place where the stock horns are placed but can't locate it.

Salamat ulit

Usually sa Isuzu it's behind the grille. Kung wala sa grille, try to look behind the bumper.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Maganda nga Fiamm AM80. Hindi pa sobrang mahal. Didnt know na OEM ito before ng BMW and Ford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Maganda nga Fiamm AM80. Hindi pa sobrang mahal. Didnt know na OEM ito before ng BMW and Ford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you'll check the 99' Expedition and early 00' BMW, it had Fiamm as its OEM horn.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast