New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    sabi sakin sa auto shop
    alternator, MAF and fusebox lang daw takpan; tama ba bro?
    yes bro, you can cover those to be on the safe side. nung una tinatakpan ko rin mga yan, lately hindi na. just don't let it soak sa water.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gusto ko lang idagdag. Kung old na ang car, mga rubber hose (vacuum hose) ay orig pa. Ingat lang sa mga yan kung gagamitan ng detergent. Pag nababad mga yan lumalambot, mag collapse, magsara ang butas. Experienced this in my old lancer. After engine wash palyado makina, halos mamatay.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    i have hyundai car. most hyundai cars have compressor to the bottomest part of the belt. the problem is my car is 10 years old with an all orig compressor. we just removed compressor, and my clutch coil is kulay kalawang with the 2 wires na pinched or parang malutong coz of old age. so before you believe that these are closed systems, isipin nyo muna kung baka lutong wire nyo, it could short.

my error was when I turned on the Aircon after engine cleaning. I though if I could turn on the aircon, the fans will run and it will speed up the drying of the engine. I WAS WRONG! DEAD WRONG! anyways, prior to this, I also cleaned a v6 car and 2.0 cuv. oks naman no problems

i don't know maybe may open wire etong system ko coz most of the time na-park sa open parking lot sa office along with elements. unlike my 2 gas suvs na lagi nasa garage lol

so ingat kayo, wag buga ng buga.
    Some oil probably got onto your wires and made.it brittle?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For turbo engines, what safety precautions should I do before I give my car an engine wash?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For turbo engines, what safety precautions should I do before I give my car an engine wash?

I clean it myself, i just cover the intercooler.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    If takot sa tubig, you can always go back to "waterless" method or the old "wet towel" method. Yan ang sure na walang mababaha ng tubig.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    I clean it myself, i just cover the intercooler.
    you can soak the intercooler naman with water wala problem, para lang yan nung radiator. yung air intake ang need takpan ng hindi mapasukan ng tubig...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    yeah oo nga pala, if you spray your engine, cover those plastics vents that goes to the intercooler. pag may water, kakatok engine nyo. it also happened to me. tumirik ako. di naman namatay engine pero ayaw forward, so yun stop muna ako, then sobrang tapak sa engine, the exhaust emitted so much white smoke like wet sauna, awa ng diyos umandar din

ewan ko, nababadtrip ako sa diesel ah, sa gasoline engine kasi cover lang dapat i-cover then ok na.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    If takot sa tubig, you can always go back to "waterless" method or the old "wet towel" method. Yan ang sure na walang mababaha ng tubig.

i tried that red using spray bottle. sobra hirap. the spray bottle doesn't have enough pressure to wash off the degreaser. and also those hard to reach areas like connectors.

pag pressure washer kasi mas effective.

1. spray pressure washer
    2. spray degreaser
    3. agitate those parts na heavy ng grease with a paint brush
    4. let it sit for like 10 minutes
    5. then spray again, the pressure from pressure washer really removes both the melted grease and grime as well as degreaser

with the spray bottle method, you'll need rag to clean up and sometimes, if heavy ang engine grime, lalo lang kumakalat.

what's your technique ba with this?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    i tried that red using spray bottle. sobra hirap. the spray bottle doesn't have enough pressure to wash off the degreaser. and also those hard to reach areas like connectors.

pag pressure washer kasi mas effective.

1. spray pressure washer
    2. spray degreaser
    3. agitate those parts na heavy ng grease with a paint brush
    4. let it sit for like 10 minutes
    5. then spray again, the pressure from pressure washer really removes both the melted grease and grime as well as degreaser

with the spray bottle method, you'll need rag to clean up and sometimes, if heavy ang engine grime, lalo lang kumakalat.

what's your technique ba with this?
    Hindi naman ako nahirapan. Meguiar's Engine Degreaser ang gamit ko.

Anong degreaser ba ginamit mo?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast