New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Sorry, diko alam kung nasa tamang forums ako. Tanung ko lang specially sa mga naka Mitsubishi mirage dyan kung okay lang mag engine wash ng walang tinatakpan na engine parts? Kung meron man akong dapat takpan, alin alin po yun?

Salamat.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    You want to cover battery terminals and the alternator. The fuse box, ecu and scan port must also be covered.

Some use cling wrap or towels to cover these electrical components.

You want a brush to remove all the mud and grime together with a degreaser or joy solution.
    Last edited by StockEngine; July 2nd, 2016 at 06:00 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Salanguit View Post
    Sorry, diko alam kung nasa tamang forums ako. Tanung ko lang specially sa mga naka Mitsubishi mirage dyan kung okay lang mag engine wash ng walang tinatakpan na engine parts? Kung meron man akong dapat takpan, alin alin po yun?

Salamat.
    Better not to do it to avoid engine electical trouble:-) Just wipe it will do the job:-)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Salanguit View Post

Salamat.
    I dont own like a ride like what's your. But I assume, you just like your engine bay to look neat and clean. Engine washing is ok. It is better pa nga, kung isabay mo na lang kapag nagpa under wash ka. Mabobombahan ng linis rin ilalim ng engine bay, pati mga condenser at radiator mo malilinis rin ng husto.

Starmobile Up+

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Never EVER have engine washed, too many things can go wrong. Water and moisture can go in areas where they are not supposed to go in to. Your connectors might rust if moisture remains there.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Never EVER have engine washed, too many things can go wrong. Water and moisture can go in areas where they are not supposed to go in to. Your connectors might rust if moisture remains there.
    Even in the casa? Because the last time I bought my gen 10 in for PMS, my SA said it needs an engine wash because it was so dirty.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Personally i'll go for the old ways of cleaning the engine bay by using blowers and wipe with a clean rag.

Though electical connectors today isnt the same of those one built a decade ago, its weather sealed but still not waterproof.

Sent from my iPhone6s using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Ang gandang pagmasdan, kapag bagong engine wash. Kalinis tignan, bagamat it is more than a 10 year old vehicle.

Starmobile Up+

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    most parts in the engine bay are rust proof.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast