New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    perhaps some of you have tried those dashield dashboard products? well do you sometimes notice that the dashield refuses to stick to the adhesive? its so annoying to see the dashield out of place that i have to apply pressure just for it to stick again, then after watching a movie and i get back to my car, lo and behold it dusn't want to stick again!!!

is there a better adhesive out there that will make my dashield stick? perhaps those 3m thermal adhesives will work? i'm at a loss here guys pls help me out.

to anyone who has solved there dashield problem, pls feel free to assist.

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    use those double adhesive molding tape.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    buy that double sided molding tape (Black/green), check in ace hardware

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hmmm, molding tape? ok, will give that a try. thanks. will this be better than the ordinary double adhesive tape that i found at home? the one that kinda looks like regular scotch tape. cuz thats what i use right now and it dusnt work.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, first of all the dashshield is borderline useless, but that's not the topic.

I'd suggest you buy double adhesive VELCRO straps instead, so you can remove and reinstall the dashshield as often as you want so that yo can clean your dash itself.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    that's what i put in my dashsheild, so far ok naman.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sir thaveed is right, the only thing that molded tape will annoyed you more is pag-tinanngal mo, mahirap alisin sa dashboard

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hmm ok, so i can go for velcro straps or molded tape, thanks again for your insights. where can i get these velcro straps?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    national bookstore meron.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    am not sure kung off topic to but i have a question re: dashshield. how do i remove the stubborn tape left in the dashboard if i remove the dashshield. as sir theveed said, it's quite useless. thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
annoying dashield!! pls help!!