New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    what will be the effect of soon to be launced Kia Sportage?

Do you guys think it will compete with Tucson as a not so expensive compact SUV (900K++) market?

I like the looks of Tucson, but I think I will like the new sportage even more (based on posted pics in another thread). have to see for myself at the fort this weekend.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    there are rumors with the introduction of the upcoming codename Hyundai BS luxury sedan
    Codename is "BH" not "BS".

"BS" was the rumored name for the 5-door hatchback version of the Lexus IS.

why is kia cheaper than hyundai?
    Here's something I read before...
    Kia's market target is the younger crowd(like an affordable Mazda Zoom-Zoom).
    Of course, these Kia Zoom Zooms are not sold here.
    Kia Cerato(Spectra)

Kia Optima(Magentis)

I see Hyundai as a more mature brand, sort of like a "Korean" Toyota.
    Last edited by AG4; August 23rd, 2006 at 04:27 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Kia is marketed to the 20-35 y.o. range kaya dapat sporty yet affordable ang binebenta nila...

Hyundai is targeted to the 30-45 y.o. segment kaya more goodies & luxuries ang binibigay nila coz people in this age bracket value comfort & convenience...
    Hehe. Direct hit ako sa comment na ito a. The van we bought four years ago was a Kia Sedona. Now that we've become more mature (kuno), we got a Hyundai Starex

Actually, we would've gotten another Sedona except that they are taking sooooo long to introduce the new model. Di na kami makapaghintay. But I still say my 2002 Sedona has more creature features than my 2006 Starex (except for the latter's CRDI engine, of course).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    di ba me event ung kia sa Fort this weekend? parang me nakita akong pormang sedona sa ad nila...

hmmm, that new spectra looks good ah

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    kia is cheaper coz' mura lang pagawa ng name nila kasi 3 letters lang "KIA"
    yong hyundai, 7 letters kasi

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    di ba me event ung kia sa Fort this weekend? parang me nakita akong pormang sedona sa ad nila...
    Yup, yan nga ang balita sa Carnival/Sedona thread. Kakainis ang Kia... tuwing nagtatanong ako sa mga sales rep nila tungkol sa introduction ng bagong Sedona wala silang mabigay na definite date, tapos from out of the blue biglang "Tada, the new Sedona is here!"

Oh well, as they say, timing is everything.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Hyundai is moving up the scale and shedding their old image as a cheap brand, pricing their cars at par with the leading Japanese brands. Hyundai's position now compares to the position the Japanese where in 20, maybe even 10, years ago.

But it has not forgotten the 'cheap and cheerful' market. It has Kia to address that.

That is why Toyota does not see GM as a threat because Toyota knows it will eventually become the world's no. 1 car maker. However, it is Hyundai that Toyota is wary about because of the rapid advances of the Korean car maker.

Must be a blow to GM's ego, to be considered a lesser threat than Hyundai by its biggest competitor.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KoKoNAT View Post
    Hyundai is moving up the scale and shedding their old image as a cheap brand, pricing their cars at par with the leading Japanese brands. Hyundai's position now compares to the position the Japanese where in 20, maybe even 10, years ago.

But it has not forgotten the 'cheap and cheerful' market. It has Kia to address that.

That is why Toyota does not see GM as a threat because Toyota knows it will eventually become the world's no. 1 car maker. However, it is Hyundai that Toyota is wary about because of the rapid advances of the Korean car maker.

Must be a blow to GM's ego, to be considered a lesser threat than Hyundai by its biggest competitor.
    Parang sa electronics, Sony (Japan) and Samsung (Korea), even though Sony is the bigger company, Samsung is more profitable these days, nabasa ko nun sa isang article na Sony and Samsung nagse-share na sila ng technology. Mas advance ang Samsung when it comes to LCD and Plasma screens.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas View Post
    Parang sa electronics, Sony (Japan) and Samsung (Korea), even though Sony is the bigger company, Samsung is more profitable these days, nabasa ko nun sa isang article na Sony and Samsung nagse-share na sila ng technology. Mas advance ang Samsung when it comes to LCD and Plasma screens.
    True true... Sony has a deep love affair with their CRTs that they forgot to invest in Plasma & LCDs... Kaya ayun... what they can just do is have a manufacturing venture with Samsung... and the Bravia was born!!!!!

Kaya yun suckers tayong lahat... Samsung-Sony LCD, but re-branded to be a Sony Bravia.. Anyway maganda rin naman talaga to..

Yeah the Japanese are not really afraid of their American rivals... Toyota & Honda are not afraid of the Big 3... mas takot sila sa Koreans... And the Japanese & Koreans ay takot naman sa mga Chinese....

Mas maganda sana talaga kung magkaruon ang Kia ng H.A.R.I.-like office here para naman gumanda ang after-sales customer service nila! Or better yet scrap all the present dealers kasi alam naman nating hindi malalim ang mga bulsa nitong mga present Kia dealers na to... buti pa ang Toyota at Honda mga Yuchengco at Ayala ang mga dealers...

Kaya dapat magbago na pananaw ng Pinoy sa mga Korean cars para naman madami ng bumili nito!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005

this could be how the Hyundai BH/Equus sedan could look like. when it's launched, it will trigger Hyundai's shifting to an upscale market.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
why is kia cheaper than hyundai?