New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fabilioh View Post
    Thanks niky The reason why I always prefer M/T over A/T when it comes to 2nd hand cars.

What about fuel consumption? I've read also that the TDICs are somewhat on the thirsty side?
    Dunno about the TDIC. Took a GRX CRDi AT to Baguio... admittedly drove at a quick pace (120 km/h on the highway), but at night... for the trip there and back, got an average of 8.5 km/l. Not great. Not bad. Did the same in an AT Crosswind driven at the same pace. The fuel consumption is more to do with the automatic transmission and the weight of the vehicle. At the 2 ton mark, whether you've got a 2.5 or a 3.0 diesel, you're looking at an average of 7-8 km/l in traffic.

(and yeah, the Starex is about 2 tons... the manual versions might be more frugal, but I have no firsthand economy numbers for those.)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Hyundai CRDi seems to have not much problems from what i've observed. I'd go with the suggestion on finding one (whether CRDi or TDIC) thats in good condition.

We had a 2005 TDIC a/t before and with a full load of passengers (7, no luggage), it could climb the Tagaytay Midlands - Tagaytay Highlands road but don't expect to overtake anyone or to take it at a fast clip. Also, if you turn off the a/c, it shuts off the aux fans and can cause overheating if you're running real hard on a full load.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Dunno about the TDIC. Took a GRX CRDi AT to Baguio... admittedly drove at a quick pace (120 km/h on the highway), but at night... for the trip there and back, got an average of 8.5 km/l. Not great. Not bad. Did the same in an AT Crosswind driven at the same pace. The fuel consumption is more to do with the automatic transmission and the weight of the vehicle. At the 2 ton mark, whether you've got a 2.5 or a 3.0 diesel, you're looking at an average of 7-8 km/l in traffic.

(and yeah, the Starex is about 2 tons... the manual versions might be more frugal, but I have no firsthand economy numbers for those.)
    Thanks for the 2 ton tip So I guess he's better off getting the manual version. Were there M/T, pre facelifted TDIC versions sold locally?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Starex TDIC or CRDI