New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    People from HARI tested my sta fe last monday and i think they know whats wrong with it. It seems hyundai commonwealth mis diagnosed the problem. The service manager of Hari whose name is Mario Joves said the knocking sound isnt coming from the suspension but from the calipers. They picked up my unit early today and said they will have the unit ready by saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be fixed at last. Will keep you guys posted.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ah ung caliper ba, ako din e, yung auto ko ngayon may problem sa rear left caliper, minsan parang umiika pag nabbreak ako (parang kumekembot to the left hahahaha) ng mabagal lang. Rinig na rinig nga yung tunog parang tonggggk.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    the guy from hari said it had something to do with caliper clearance because when we were testing in last monday kapag dinadaan namin sa rough road may knocking sound pero pag tatapakan niya breaks ng kaunti lang nawawala. Once i get my unit and its fixed na i will post everything that they did to my car.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if it's similar to the starex problem, the brake caliper pin only needs some grease ... and regreasing would be needed yearly (or less, depending on use)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    if it's similar to the starex problem, the brake caliper pin only needs some grease ... and regreasing would be needed yearly (or less, depending on use)
    What!! what a mis-diagnosis?!! Brake caliper pins lang problem and it ended up with almost a whole new set of front suspension!! Well look at the bright side, bago na front suspension mo!! hehehehehehhe!!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    baka factory defect na yan.

magkaroon na ako ng matinding bagsak sa SF nang di ko mapansin yung isang maliit na tulay na parang rampa sa NLEX at asa 120kph takbo,medyo umangat nga paglagpas ng tulay at nagulat mga sakay ko, naghihintay ako may tumanog, pero after 4 mos ala pa rin naman.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    baka factory defect na yan.

magkaroon na ako ng matinding bagsak sa SF nang di ko mapansin yung isang maliit na tulay na parang rampa sa NLEX at asa 120kph takbo,medyo umangat nga paglagpas ng tulay at nagulat mga sakay ko, naghihintay ako may tumanog, pero after 4 mos ala pa rin naman.

try mo ibang casa or pasilip mo sa mga ibang magagaling na mekaniko for 2nd opinion lang, pero wag mo pagalaw sa kanya.

sorry, DP pala.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chi827 View Post
    the guy from hari said it had something to do with caliper clearance because when we were testing in last monday kapag dinadaan namin sa rough road may knocking sound pero pag tatapakan niya breaks ng kaunti lang nawawala. Once i get my unit and its fixed na i will post everything that they did to my car.
    i think naiintindihan ko ang problem kung caliper nga....i had the same problem on my Civic a few years back... kasi floating caliper design on most of the cars..... well u see problema dati ng kotse ay:

-nag da-drag yung front right (stuck).
    -so the problem was brake hydraulic piston can't move dahil sa dumi
    ng rubber rings.
    -so it was replaced but then the knocking sound started happening kapag
    light rough road or rough cement.....
    -then ilang beses ko din binalik sa casa after that....then finally traced to a loose caliper hat pin (di ko alam kung tama yung term....)....
    - first tried putting more grease inside then di tumatagal....
    - finally what worked was making the pin diameter slightly bigger ....

but in the end i really didn't understand how could it become loose....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    napakaliit lang talaga ang clearance nung pin within its cylinder ... hindi nga daw pwede lagyan ng teflon tape (gamit sa plumbing) kasi makapal na yun ... so grease lang ang solution

of course we can complain that it is a design fault but not everybody suffer from it ... we can have the whole assembly replaced but that would not guarantee lifetime problem-free operation ... i opted to live with it ... at least now I know what to do as soon as the knocking sound is back ... it only costs P200 for regreasing at the hyundai casa

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chi827 View Post
    People from HARI tested my sta fe last monday and i think they know whats wrong with it. It seems hyundai commonwealth mis diagnosed the problem. The service manager of Hari whose name is Mario Joves said the knocking sound isnt coming from the suspension but from the calipers. They picked up my unit early today and said they will have the unit ready by saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be fixed at last. Will keep you guys posted.
    hyundai commonwealth? doon ako nag pp service ah. ganyan din ang problema ng sentra ko noon. nissan commonwealth diagnosed it right the first time they looked at my car.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
sta fe problem