New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    gregsp,
    my starex is the 2.5 turbo intercooler model 2001. consumption is around 8-9 km/L ave. i think the crdi has better mileage compared to my engine. didn't have problems with my starex, just minor suspension repairs like bushings ang links which are normal wear and tear especially for a havy van. power and comfort is good for me. aircon is very good compared to other vans.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    gregsp,
    my starex is the 2.5 turbo intercooler model 2001. consumption is around 8-9 km/L ave. i think the crdi has better mileage compared to my engine. didn't have problems with my starex, just minor suspension repairs like bushings ang links which are normal wear and tear especially for a heavy van. power and comfort is good for me. aircon is very good compared to other vans.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I get 7-7.5 km/liter city. 9 km/liter highway.
    Starex GRX CRDi MT (bought April 20, 2006)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I noticed in my Starex manual that there are some models with build-in locks (OEM) for the spare tires...can anyone point me where I can buy a spare tire lock mechanism instead of a lock-chain. TIA

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is it easy to steal the spare tire of the Starex? What security measures can you guys recommend to prevent the theft of this van's spare tire?

Also, how heavy is the Starex anyway?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177
    Also, how heavy is the Starex anyway?
    Per C! magazine the Starex CRDi is 1,640kg ...Vehicle weight is not in the manual by the way...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the info. Wala din kasi yung vehicle weight nya sa HARI web site.

By the way, is that curb weight? If so, the Sedona is even heavier with a curb weight of 2,100 kg and I've been using Dunlop Le Mans tires on it with no problem for over 2 years. Just switched this year to Dunlop EC 201 tires because of the unavailability of the former in our province.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
spare tire for starex