New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hi all. I'm planning to sell my black tucson 2006 4x2 A/T with 17k+ mileage on it. I'm having a hard time finding other used car postings for the tucson. I wanted to see what other people are selling it at. Why are there so little postings for the tucson? Is it because not many people sell them or because nobody wants to but them?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Two reasons:

1. There aren't that many "old" Tucsons around... (mga 2005 yata yung first... right?)

2. There probably aren't that many dissatisfied Tucson owners. People sell new cars if the maintenance cost or fuel cost is much higher than they initially expected... but with gasoline prices through the roof right now, selling a diesel SUV to buy something more fuel efficient doesn't make sense. And in the Tucson's size and price range... there aren't many diesels available... thus there's nothing significantly more fuel efficient right now.

----

Maybe in another three years people will start moving them. People only sell in the first three years if they're majorly dissatisfied with a car or looking to upgrade... and there aren't any new diesel SUVs on the market in this price class. But in five years, more and more people will sell as the depreciation curve starts to catch up with them.

Is yours a diesel or a gasoline one? If it's diesel, I'd try seeing how much a 2006 CR-V is going for and work off that depreciation (maybe quote a little higher)... if no one bites... then go lower. You can offer it to a buy and sell agent (but don't sell it! They buy low!) and see what he's willing to give for it. If it's gas, see if it can go for around CR-V levels... but I doubt it... more likely you can move the gas one at about 50-100k less (which is okay, since it was about 300k less to begin with).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi, this is my first post. Last May, I was able to sell my 2006 Tucson 2.0 cvvt, with 26K mileage for PhP750,000. I used the proceeds as downpayment for a Santa Fe 2.2 crdi. I only have good words for my Tucson, it served me well.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    mga magkano po kaya ang reasonable 2nd. hand cost of. the ff.

[2007 model.]
    1. Gen2 Sta.Fe: 2.2CrDi 5A/T FWD.
    2. Gen2 Sta.Fe: 2.2CrDi 5A/T AWD.
    3. MK3 Carens: 2.0CrDi 5M/T FWD (LX).
    4. MK3 Carens: 2.0CrDi 4A/T FWD (LX).
    5. MK3 Carens: 2.0CrDi 4A/T FWD (EX).

[2008 model.]
    6. MK3 Carens: 2.0CrDi 5M/T FWD (LX). {pre-June1 price increase}

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for the input niky.

I'm trying to sell the tucson gas model. I really like this car but my wife's company is giving us a free car and we don't really need two cars right now.

wrouye: wow that's a pretty good price you were able to sell it at! Was that to family or strangers? I hope i can sell it around that price range but so far no one is biting. How long did it take you to sell your tucson?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ador View Post
    Thanks for the input niky.

I'm trying to sell the tucson gas model. I really like this car but my wife's company is giving us a free car and we don't really need two cars right now.

wrouye: wow that's a pretty good price you were able to sell it at! Was that to family or strangers? I hope i can sell it around that price range but so far no one is biting. How long did it take you to sell your tucson?
    Is this the Spec up Model having disc rear brake with 235X60X16 Tires?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I was actually forced to sell it to our company's external auditor who kept on bugging me to sell it to her. So I sort of dictated the price based on the car's insured value, which was actually PhP760K. She bargained for PhP750K and seeing that it's a very good price, I readily agreed even if I wasn't really trying to sell the car that time.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    The buyer was our company's external auditor. She really liked the Tucson but found the selling price of the SU models a bit off her budget. She then pestered me to sell my Tucson to her. I quoted my price based on the car's insured value, which was PhP760K. She bargained for PhP750K. Realizing that I was getting good money for my car, I readily agreed even if I wasn't really keen on parting with my Tucson. I'm glad I did.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Speaking of, the Tucson just got a facelift.

Going back to the topic, the last time my mom was offered a 2006 Matrix CRDi as part of being pirated to transfer to another company, i checked on its price and it was in the same league as a same model Honda Jazz VTEC (it was even higher at 550 vs 535k for the Jazz VTEC). I was amazed.

Anyway, the Getz also has a fairly high resale. Kudos to Hyundai. I think Kia is catching up too. Now, the only korean that is suffering in resale is the half american Chevy Optra!
    Last edited by basti08; September 18th, 2008 at 08:30 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I think one going for the later model Hyundai cars is the fact that if you buy a 2-year old unit, you will still have 3 years of warranty coverage, which is actually the common warranty coverage for new units of other car brands.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123