New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker" View Post
    Nope. This is just asking price. It's difficult to sell second hand vehicles with less than 100T depreciation. whatever is the brand is, whether it only traveled 1T KM. etc... second hand buyers would opt to buy a brand new one rather than a pre-owned vehicle. Why do I know this? because I'm into buy and sell business as well.

last year I sold a Santa Fe 4x2 CRDI for only 1.215M with asking price of 1.330M. The car only traveled 12T km.
    Depende lang siguro. I know of a friend who sold his fortuner with less than 10k in the odo to a wife of a foreigner. Nag deprensya lang ata ng 100T but the reason was the foreigner wanted a car with a plate. Minsan kasi nabubwesit yong iba lalo na at nasagi sa mga nangungutong dyan kapag brand new. At karamihan ng mga dayu ayaw ng sakit ng ulo kahit isang bwan lang ang tiis.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdine View Post
    Depende lang siguro. I know of a friend who sold his fortuner with less than 10k in the odo to a wife of a foreigner. Nag deprensya lang ata ng 100T but the reason was the foreigner wanted a car with a plate. Minsan kasi nabubwesit yong iba lalo na at nasagi sa mga nangungutong dyan kapag brand new. At karamihan ng mga dayu ayaw ng sakit ng ulo kahit isang bwan lang ang tiis.
    It's a different story when it comes to Fortuner because in my case, Fortuner is selling like hotcakes (Except with the gas version). The longest time I advertised a Fortuner took me almost a month only.

100T only? I haven't experienced this before even when selling Fortuner or other brands. The people are now getting a bit practical now a days you know.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... asking prices are often waaaaay overstated for popular cars. And both the Fort and Santa Fe are popular.

Early asking prices for the Getz were really high... I don't know what it's like now... not really that many people selling Getzs. Lots of early adopters who bought Picantos were offering them up for outrageous asking prices, simply because the list price of new Picantos shot up over 200k pesos in just two or three years... so they were selling their cars at 400K, when they bought them for 325k... hello... sinong niloloko niyo...

But you can't tell how Hyundai resale will be from the Getz... small cars always sell a little higher, because they're "matipid".

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yup... asking prices are often waaaaay overstated for popular cars. And both the Fort and Santa Fe are popular.

Early asking prices for the Getz were really high... I don't know what it's like now... not really that many people selling Getzs. Lots of early adopters who bought Picantos were offering them up for outrageous asking prices, simply because the list price of new Picantos shot up over 200k pesos in just two or three years... so they were selling their cars at 400K, when they bought them for 325k... hello... sinong niloloko niyo...

But you can't tell how Hyundai resale will be from the Getz... small cars always sell a little higher, because they're "matipid".
    nice to hear that hyundai's resale value is getting better.. hehehe.. buti na lang getz kotse ko..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    This is my first post. Anyway, I have read and reviewed almost every cars here and IMHO hyundai has one of the best engines, very fuel effecient and has a great durability. Because of these, resale value rises. But I doubt that most owners of these vehicles would sell their hyundai cars and if you own a hyundai vehicle maybe you would think twice in selling the car.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aoryaj View Post
    This is my first post. Anyway, I have read and reviewed almost every cars here and IMHO hyundai has one of the best engines, very fuel effecient and has a great durability. Because of these, resale value rises. But I doubt that most owners of these vehicles would sell their hyundai cars and if you own a hyundai vehicle maybe you would think twice in selling the car.
    This goes back to that thread about whether resale value matter or not.

I have nothing against those who wants to sell their cars every 4-5 years and buy a new one. They want the latest and greatest, that's fine. Many people like to go that route. But, I wish they wouldn't argue that it's cheaper to go their route.

Me, my view is a car is merely for transportation. If it's paid off and I'm only paying insurance, gas, the yearly registration, and the occasional repair bill, there's no way a buying a brand new car every few years is cheaper than owning a used car. The math just doesn't add up.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker" View Post
    Nope. This is just asking price. It's difficult to sell second hand vehicles with less than 100T depreciation. whatever is the brand is, whether it only traveled 1T KM. etc... second hand buyers would opt to buy a brand new one rather than a pre-owned vehicle. Why do I know this? because I'm into buy and sell business as well.

last year I sold a Santa Fe 4x2 CRDI for only 1.215M with asking price of 1.330M. The car only traveled 12T km.
    We traded our 2007 3.3 Sonata SE V6 which we originally bought for about $16,900. After about 12,500 highly satisfactory problem-free miles on it, we still got about $14,700 for it which is about $2,200 or only 13% depreciation hit which i believe is at par or even better than a toyota or honda and translates to below php100,000 in today's exchange rate. :2thumbsup:

Baka sabihin ng ibang readers natin na siguradong bumawi yung dealer sa selling price ng new car but let me just put it this way, i got an out-the-door price of about $200 lower than what is already considered a bottom line price at that time.

We normally keep our cars until they die on us and we could have just kept the sonata which served us exceedingly well and avoid the depreciation hit. But seeing the smile on my wife's face with her new car is simply.... "priceless"! :money:

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ano price ng 2nd hand na santa fe 2006 at 2007 na crdi?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sana hindi bumaba ang resale value ng hyundai. kaya lng naglabas na ata ang jac automobiles (chinese carmaker) ng kmukha ng hyundai eh..

http://www.productioncars.com/galler...C&model=Refine

http://jacen.jac.com.cn/jac/showDocu...1000def9f70136

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Yung taga sa amin bumili ng GRX Starex 2004 model.

Fresh na fresh pa ang itsura naman. P800k.

Hindi pa CRDI iyon at manual transmission lang.

In my opinion, medyo napamahal siya but this only proves that the number of people trusting Hyundai brand is growing significantly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast