New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando888 View Post
    nabasa ko po pala ngayon yung 1.5M peso SUV Comparo sa CAR COMPARISONS. Lumalabas po talaga dun n parang godsend na ang santa fe kaya no wonder na kapag ito ang topic maraming nagrereact.
    Binasa ko nga uli sir yung page 7. 3 months ago na pala yun. I think it's a sad episode when people attack one another over a car. But I was glad to read the post by pup2 at the lower part of the page. A very wise comment if I may say so. Pls do check it out again. I agree with him all the way, I hope you do too.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    nako, a couple of the guys here are really asking to get banned.

Maybe some of the Santa Fe owners can post their current mileages, as well as any mechanical problems (or even just pet peeves) that they have encountered during their ownership of the vehicle.

Perhaps we can scrape up just enough objectivity to salvage this thread. Cool lang, mga guys, flaming another person's opinions or ride isn't worth getting banned for
    This thread is completely unsalvageable.

It was started by a member who does nothing but trash Hyundais in other threads, and it's kept alive by other members who have nothing to do but fight with people online, and others who have a bone to pick with Korean cars in general.

And, as a lot of us mentioned, time and again... the topic is misleading, and the units involved in the said recall were either the generation I Santa Fe (never sold locally) or a tiny number of US-assembled Santa Fes which were never sold and will never be seen in the Philippines.

As such, it's weird that it's still a sticky... since all stickied recalls refer specifically to Philippine market vehicles.

I've already complained to one or two moderators, and I'm surprised that it's still pinned to the top of the page, instead of being left to rest with the rest of the regular threads, which include numerous threads regarding recalls of other brands from other countries.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit hindi pa un-stickied ito?
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Niky - I guess you win the bet this thread is here to stay..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hahaha... where's my TCash?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hahaha... where's my TCash?
    I'll wire it to you as soon as I reach the amount I only have 1,500 left, spent it on some chicks :naughty2:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Mukhang may gera dito sa Thread na ito ha. Cool lang mga barako! At least informed lang ang mga readers dito.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    We aren't arguing that you have no right to post this information. Indeed, it's good to be informed.

The debate is whether or not this should be a sticky.

A thread is stickied if the problem is major enough to warrant concern for local consumers. Such has happened with the thread about Toyota D4D problems, which has affected dozens of buyers of Toyota Diesels, both on tsikot and out in the real world.

That's also the case with the Honda Civic cam position sensor problems and the Innova rear driveshaft recall, which directly affect Filipino consumers.

There is no sticky, however, regarding CRV fires... there is a recall defect on US CRVs which cause them to catch fire due to a mis-specced oil filter.

There is also numerous Toyota recalls in the US, which, though people post them here... are NOT stickied, because they have absolutely nothing to do with local Toyota owners.

Now, if this thread were about Hyundai Starex aircon problems or transmission problems, it would deserve to be a sticky.

The recalls listed in your links refer to the previous generation Santa Fe, which was never sold here.

The other recall pertains to 2006 Santa Fes built in the US only. Also not sold here... and, as stated, none of the affected units were sold to customers.

Neither of these recalls affect current or future owners of Santa Fes in the Philippines. Not at all.

Thus, this thread doesn't need to be stickied. The fact that it still is is quite perplexing to me.

up.........

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Well, making this thread still open or even making it a sticky is very misleading to potential Santa Fe buyers who might think that there's a REAL recall for units being sold here.

How many people have just seen the title of this thread without opening the links posted and reading carefully (as what Horsepower did)?

The said recall was made over a year ago.

up........................

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im removing this thread from the sticky list... im also closing this thread.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
RECALL:  2007   Hyundai Santa Fe