New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 195 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when Hyundai offered a test drive of a Starex CRDi automatic last month, the throttle response was incredibly languid... worse than anything i've ever tried. flooring the accelerator resulted in.... nothing, and the revs built sooooo slowly (as in a-number-of-seconds slowly).

ganyan ba talaga?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's weird. the CRDi we have is quick. felt like the 1KZ-TE on my Prado.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    when Hyundai offered a test drive of a Starex CRDi automatic last month, the throttle response was incredibly languid... worse than anything i've ever tried. flooring the accelerator resulted in.... nothing, and the revs built sooooo slowly (as in a-number-of-seconds slowly).

ganyan ba talaga?
    hey thats exactly the same as our old turboed starex haha

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i dont have any problem for my starex-grx which i bought late last year,the engine,a/c. and the suspension really good,i dont see anything wrong! numbers of times went to baguio and bicol ang the consumption of diesel is quiet less compare to other...for me is really good specially on family use ,a wide space and comfortable ,movable seat whatever you want position,lastly i like the way starex cruising on the road...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    hey thats exactly the same as our old turboed starex haha
    maybe MBT got to drive the GRX-Turbo Intercooler, instead of the CRDi?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Seems to be some inconsistencies in the units... Our GRX 4d56 gives a downshift when I floor it, but there are others who complain about the slow acceleration as well.

On mileage, we get 7.5km/l roughly in the city and around 9-10km/l in the highway. Fuel consumption in the city disappointed me as i was hoping for at least 8 to 9 at the average in the city.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I’ll thinking of getting the automatic. No problem sa trapik

And for the radio. papalitan nga.

Most of my CDs on car are Sesame Street and Disney. Before I can even start my car, I will often hear my daughter “elmo please”.

Yung 7.5 in the city, mababa ba yun ? Tsk tsk pa check ko nga koste ko.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    eh? even the old TURBOED starex were s--l--o--w...
    140kph is still slow for a van?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MaRTian00300
    Most of my CDs on car are Sesame Street and Disney. Before I can even start my car, I will often hear my daughter “elmo please”.
    Gee...i can really relate with you on that. We got a free DVD player/screen with our Starex and thats the first thing my daughter asks for whenever we ride the van (Elmo or friggin Barney).

My point of comparison with the fuel consumption was our old Crosswind 2.5 a/t which got around 8-9km/L in the city... I guess the extra weight of the Starex has something to do with it.

On size, if you have kids this van really fits them well (lots of room to roam around in)... but there's no penalty to the driver as it's still easy to drive.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    vinj,

Which dealer did you get your unit?

Trying to shop around which dealer could give me the best deal. Until I could decide kung Starex na nga. (also looking at ford everest )

Maybe you could email me what is included in your deal. So I can compare. Thank you

martian00300*yahoo.com

Hyundai Starex (Gen. 3) [ARCHIVED]