New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 195 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mcronald
    Yes, it comes with power locks and alarm (with remote)...
    Just to clarify, does the 2006 Starex come with an alarm (as in the thing that gives off a loud noise if the vehicle is forcibly opened) or just keyless entry+immobilizer?

I was asking about this at Wheels E. Rod, and the sales rep said it was just an immobilizer and not an audible alarm. Anyone care to confirm if the new Starex comes with an alarm?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177
    Just to clarify, does the 2006 Starex come with an alarm (as in the thing that gives off a loud noise if the vehicle is forcibly opened) or just keyless entry+immobilizer?

I was asking about this at Wheels E. Rod, and the sales rep said it was just an immobilizer and not an audible alarm. Anyone care to confirm if the new Starex comes with an alarm?

It's an audible alarm. I just tested it now.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    During the time that Tsikot was down, my wife and I made a reservation for and later drove home a new M/T Starex that we got from Wheels E. Rod.

I've gone over the manual, but I still have some questions:

1. How many keys did you guys get with your new Starex? I got 1 key with the remote transmitter and 1 ordinary key, but from the drawing in the manual it looks like there should be 3 keys.
    2. Is it possible to use the jacks for the cellphone and the headset in RP, or are those for the Korean market only? I didn't find any mention of it in the manual.
    3. Is there any way to make the grip on the steering wheel "stickier"? Ang dulas kasi ng plastic material sa steering wheel, parang hindi ko sya ma-grip ng mabuti.
    4. About the dashboard cigarette lighter... Sabi sa manual (page 2-27), "Do not use electrical accessories or equipment other than the Hyundai genuine parts in the socket." Are they serious? You mean I have to plug my cellphone charger at the rear power outlet if I want to use it?! C'mon!
    5. For those who bought manual tranny models, does the clutch sometimes make a clunking sound when you release it? Mine does, and I'm seeing if it will go away after the 1,000-km break-in period.
    6. How long did it take your casa to release the vehicle's license plates? I want to have a realistic estimate of how long this van is going to be sitting idle in my garage. Mahirap nang mahuli sa "No plate, no travel" campaign ng PNP at DILG.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hi Mikey177,

1. I also got 1 key with remote transmitter and 1 ordinary key.
    2. I haven't tried the jack yet. It's too small for your regular headphone jack.
    3. Steering wheel is okay for me. Most car accessory shops sell streering wheel covers. This may improve your grip.
    4. Haven't tried this also.
    5. Yes, it makes a clunking sound when you release the clutch. Mine is over 2,000km.
    6. It took them around 18 days to release the license plates. Of course this would depend on what last digit you requested. 5 ang request kong last digit. I got my Starex last April 20. Pinasok nila yung registration sa LTO, first week ng May para wala nang (daw) special request for last digit of 5. If you requested for highly requested last digits like 7 or 8, then you may have to wait longer. What I did was I went back to the dealer once a week to get a new DR with a new deliver date. Hassle, pero at least di na-tambay yung starex ko. My friend, who got an Innova last April, already requested for 4 copies of the DR when she got her vehicle. Mabait naman yung sales agent nya, binigyan sya. Tamang-tama, when she was on her last copy, her plates arrived.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the replies, mcronald. I guess I'll just have to make regular follow-ups with my dealer so they don't forget about my vehicle plates. Mahirap kasi humingi every week ng bagong kopya ng DR, nasa QC pa kasi dealer ko

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177
    During the time that Tsikot was down, my wife and I made a reservation for and later drove home a new M/T Starex that we got from Wheels E. Rod.

I've gone over the manual, but I still have some questions:

1. How many keys did you guys get with your new Starex? I got 1 key with the remote transmitter and 1 ordinary key, but from the drawing in the manual it looks like there should be 3 keys.
    2. Is it possible to use the jacks for the cellphone and the headset in RP, or are those for the Korean market only? I didn't find any mention of it in the manual.
    3. Is there any way to make the grip on the steering wheel "stickier"? Ang dulas kasi ng plastic material sa steering wheel, parang hindi ko sya ma-grip ng mabuti.
    4. About the dashboard cigarette lighter... Sabi sa manual (page 2-27), "Do not use electrical accessories or equipment other than the Hyundai genuine parts in the socket." Are they serious? You mean I have to plug my cellphone charger at the rear power outlet if I want to use it?! C'mon!
    5. For those who bought manual tranny models, does the clutch sometimes make a clunking sound when you release it? Mine does, and I'm seeing if it will go away after the 1,000-km break-in period.
    6. How long did it take your casa to release the vehicle's license plates? I want to have a realistic estimate of how long this van is going to be sitting idle in my garage. Mahirap nang mahuli sa "No plate, no travel" campaign ng PNP at DILG.
    ask ko lang ilan kms/liter city driving and long drive thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by x-wind
    ask ko lang ilan kms/liter city driving and long drive thanks
    Sorry, I haven't gassed up again after coming from the dealership. I had a full tank loaded in QC (hanggang auto stop lang ng pump) before heading to the province. We then traveled 180 km from QC to Urdaneta City. After the trip, the fuel gauge indicated that the tank was still 7/8th full.

Yung byahe ko lang sa ngayon ay bahay-school-bahay (less than 3 km per day) so it'll be a few more weeks before I get fuel again. Besides, since my conduction sticker has already expired, I don't want to risk bringing the van on a long trip yet.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    To all of you owners of Starex GRX Crdi 2006 M/T
    Talaga bang yung clutch pedal ng Starex GRX Crdi 2006 pagtapak mo pagdating sa bandang gitna biglang lumalambot o itong unit ko lang ang ganoon may way ba na maging smooth ito.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcronald
    Hi Mikey177,

1. I also got 1 key with remote transmitter and 1 ordinary key.
    2. I haven't tried the jack yet. It's too small for your regular headphone jack.
    3. Steering wheel is okay for me. Most car accessory shops sell streering wheel covers. This may improve your grip.
    4. Haven't tried this also.
    5. Yes, it makes a clunking sound when you release the clutch. Mine is over 2,000km.
    6. It took them around 18 days to release the license plates. Of course this would depend on what last digit you requested. 5 ang request kong last digit. I got my Starex last April 20. Pinasok nila yung registration sa LTO, first week ng May para wala nang (daw) special request for last digit of 5. If you requested for highly requested last digits like 7 or 8, then you may have to wait longer. What I did was I went back to the dealer once a week to get a new DR with a new deliver date. Hassle, pero at least di na-tambay yung starex ko. My friend, who got an Innova last April, already requested for 4 copies of the DR when she got her vehicle. Mabait naman yung sales agent nya, binigyan sya. Tamang-tama, when she was on her last copy, her plates arrived.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    *mikey. Havent used the lighter socket yet. In my frontier, when I plug my cell charger, the electricals go haywire and was told that the lighter socket is not designed for cell chargers so, I'm scared to use the one in the Starex. Nope, haven't tried the 'cellphone connections' yet... Got my Starex (A/T) last June 24, just like you, I still don't have my plates yet. The dealer (Makati) told me since I requested for 1 or 2, it will take about a month to deliver the plates.

*mcronald thanks for the advice I will ask my dealer for 'advance' copies of D.R.s to augment the slow processing of my plates

*x-wind. Combined city/highway driving is 8.8 km/l on Petron Diesel Max. ODO reads 440 kms young.

Did you guys notice in the manual that some models have a 'sparetire' locking mechanism (if installed). Does anyone know where to get something like that?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Radical:::

I also noticed that tidbit about the spare tire locking device. Maybe someone in QC can ask the casa if this can be installed in the GRX Starex. After the theft of raquino's spare tire, I began to be concerned about the security of the Starex's spare tire locking system. I'm also studying the possibility of looping a steel cable around the spare and its holder in case the former locking device is a no-go.

gregsp:::

I also noticed the change in the stiffness of the clutch as you depress it. Nanibago nga ako nung una kong minaneho, kasabay pa nito yung clunking sound na galing sa clutch minsan pag binitawan ito, akala ko yung unit ko lang ang ganito, buti na lang hindi

Sabi sa web site ng Hyundai Philippines, "push type" daw ang clutch ng bagong Starex. Ano ba ang ibig sabihin nito? Ibig ba sabihin na hydraulic na ang clutch ng Starex at hindi cable?
    Last edited by mikey177; July 4th, 2006 at 11:12 PM.

Hyundai Starex (Gen. 3) [ARCHIVED]