New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ Well, oo pwede na. Pero kawawa rin nakabili, hindi pala napagawa ng owner pero how did it start? Hmmm..... I myself wouldnt dare to start my car after being submerged under water or stuck in the middle of the flood.

Quite OT:

Sa Sulit, madami bumibili ng flooded vehicles, bakit kaya?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    They feel adventurous kasi these are desperate times. Some people have no money and they even lost their house so the cars have to go. Those Sulit people are rich guys wanting to take a gamble... Pero kung totoo nga may MS na P500K I might make a gamble myself... Pero P800K no thanks!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blu76 View Post
    yung 2008 Montero ng isang seller sa sulit.com, nabaha din ng lubog hanggang bubong, then he tried to start it at nagstart naman
    Totoo ba to or just another MS bulls***t story Talo pa Humvee nito ah dapat pala ito binili ng military kasi maski hanggang bubong siya submerge andar pa rin

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
    Totoo ba to or just another MS bulls***t story Talo pa Humvee nito ah dapat pala ito binili ng military kasi maski hanggang bubong siya submerge andar pa rin
    If it was me, I'd stay clear of this offer. I'd rather think of the long-term effect when buying a flood-submerged vehicle, there's no peace of mind and I'd be horrified thinking of the worst-case scenarios. I think more owners will be looking to dispose Ondoy damaged vehicles in the days to come. 800K still too much, its almost worth 1 brand new Civic, or add 200K more its a Tucson already. If youre a buyer really eyeing a MS, maybe the price is good enough.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If lots of people approaching owners of flooded cars nowadays, looking to buy them for scrap prices!
    On a sidenote, i'm really irritated at people who take advantage of the situation... i'm sure they're offering to buy to give the affected people some cash but they'll turn around, repair and sell these at a huge profit later on to unsuspecting buyers. Well, thats business, spotting opportunities.

If you're insured with AOG, wait it out in the shop. If not, clean out the car and check everything one-by-one; there's a very informative article on 4x4ph.com about reviving a flooded vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Be positive especially now.
    Kotse lang yan remember those na namatayan at nawalan ng bahay.
    Electricals and electronics can be dried up just dont be silly enough to put current while they are wet.
    Even cell phone na nahulog sa canal naayos pa rin at ok na parang walang nagyari.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sa kanya na ung Montero nya.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    eggman
    its good to know na ok pa pala ung santa fe ni king sue, dito kasi sa amin binili un, cguro almost 2months old pa lang un, silver na 4x4

last friday (day before ondoy) my client called me up at around 2pm and asked me if i could deliver his santa fe within the day, meron daw kasi sya important na lakad kinabukasan and he needs to use the brand new santa fe, i told him na "sir di na po kakayanin maideliver ngaun aayusin pa po kasi ang documents nun for invoicing then kelangan pa ipre-delivery inspection tsaka install pa ung tint, baka pwede bukas na lang po ng umaga?" and my client told me na "dapat ngaung araw na ito maideliver nyo yan, ok lang kahit gabihin pa, pag bukas nyo dineliver yan ayaw ko na! di ko babayaran yan!", so we had no other choice but to deliver the santa fe, we arrived there at around 930pm in the evening, sobrang happy ang client at natapos namen within the day, hinatid pa nga nya kame hanggang sa labas ng gate ng village nila somewhere in marcos hiway dahil malakas na ang ulan

kinabukasan tinawagan nya ako and asked me on what to do dahil nakulong na daw sa garage nya ung santa fe at mabilis na tumataas ang level ng water, i just told him na pakitanggal na lang po ang terminals ng battery and dont ever try and attempt to put it back and start the vehicle, thats the best thing that we can do for now

so sa madaling salita lumubog ung one day old santa fe nya under water...

then last wednesday his santa fe arrived at our dealerships service area on a flat bed car carrier, punong puno ng putik but still on plastic with the vanity plate still attached

good thing na meron AOG ung insurance nya...hopefully ok naman ung ECU nya dahil tinanggal naman ung battery

he was charged 12,000 for full restoration, lilinisin at tutuyuin lahat then additional na lang kung meron makikita mga problems

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hahaha parang yung kanta ni Alanis Morisette "Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?"

Probably wanted to impress someone on a Saturday... Who the hell cares malamang di naman natuloy lakad nya. 1 day old (sigh)...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Unfortunately we didn't have AOG. But it was in our garage the whole storm and i didn't even thought of starting it. It just got towed yesterday (haba ng pila sa towing). It was supposed to be towed on Oct 13 pa daw sa dame ng reservation, but i decided to have it towed nung midnight. If you haven't towed yours, call towing companies during midnight, walang nagpapa-tow.

Anyways, I left it sa Kia Pasig along Amang Rodriguez. Hopefully linis lang tlaga. My friends' cars/SUVs, tinanggal lang daw computer box and let it dry, tapos major clean-up sa car, then ok na.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast