Hi Guys.

Can I ask how many Hyundai owners have problems with Rack and Pinion, (specially for newer car models like the 2011 Accent and Elantra?)

I have this problem and saw quite a few people in other threads have this too (and this are only recent posts.. maybe there's more complaints elsewhere .. ie., the "Accent Problems" thread is over a hundred pages so maybe there's some mentioned somewhere in there)

But to recap:

#1. The mechanic in my last PMS said i have a Rack & Pinion problem (after I complained) , and he admitted its a common problem, and they have replaced several already under warranty. Problem is, I applied for warranty replacement but the Casa closed down already (Otis)

#2. Read some other Tsikoters managed to get their rack and Pinion Replaced.

#3. Read some other Tsikoter also complaining of Rack and Pinion problems, but so far no updates from them, (I am creating this thread in the hopes of consolidating any similar complaints out there, instead of being scattered in other threads)

#4 Read post of maimaicomp,, his Elantra has the same Rack and Pinion problem but he has a nightmare dealing with Hyundai Edsa for the warranty..

#5 Re: Warranty Claims/PMS schedule/"5 year extendy Warranty"/ HARI after sales service..... Several ongoing threads about this where MANY HYUNDAI OWERS ARE COMPLAINING. (see #4). However, there are some who had easier time with Warranty claims (see #2)

#6. Btw, I googled "Hyundai (or Accent) Rack and Pinion Problems/Warranty" didnt find any results of anyone really complaining about this. Only anecdotal evidence (see # 1-4) I was wondering if this is an issue in units sold in other markets (for example, it seems accent rear shocks is widely acknowledged as a known issue)

So...anyone out there care to share any similar experiences? Now that my Casa (who at first seemed to say no problem to my warranty claim..they even took pics and everything) is closed, I need to find a RELIABLE, HASSLE-FREE CASA (Is there even such a thing? According to #2, there are). I already know to Avoid North Edsa like the Plague. So Any Suggestions? How about Hyundai Macapagal?

Thanks in Advance to any advice.