New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LtAK View Post
    Ok lang naman every 6months naman ako nag pa pms. After this 5 year warranty ay malamang bye bye na ito. Your right about the old Accent which shares the same suspension and chassis with the JB Rio, talagang mas matibay. Never had any problems with my JB Rio, change oil lang and I plan to keep it. Im going for the new Altis after my Accent...
    Same with my Accent CRDi sedan nga sir. Oil changes lang, brake pad at few suspension parts under normal wear and tear lang. No unexpected fuss. Mas for keeps sila

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LtAK View Post
    Herein are the list of repairs made by Hyundai covered by the warranty on my Accent
    1. Transmission/clutch drag - ECU update 25th Oct 2011 Hyundai Shaw
    2. Tranny gear grinding sound - Gear oil change to fully synth by Hyundai Global
    3. RPM fluctuations - repair performed by Hyundai Shaw
    4. CV joint rattle - TSB recall on the removal of plastic spacer at the CV done by Hyundai CE
    5. Rear spring and shock replacement - Silent recall TSB replacing all rear suspension done by Hyundai CE
    6. Front spring replacement to improved part - Done by Hyundai CE
    7. Re-lube front Spring mount - Done by Hyundai CE
    8. R & P Pre Load adjustment - Done by Hyundai Shaw
    9. Low Power issues - Hyundai CE drained the entire gasoline and replaced it with Shell Nitro+ (problem solved). Since then I stuck it out with the Shell premium nitro+

Present Problems
    1. rack and pinion rattle - As of this writing, Hyundai Shaw is already processing the approval of the replacement of the steering shaft connecting rod (bushing???). SA informed me that the culprit of the rattle emanated from a certain part that connects the shaft and the pinion. He said the an improved part (a bigger linkage as described by him) was already on transit from the manufacturer.

2. Throttle problems - to be done by Hyundai Shaw once the steering part to be replaced is already available. Although I already performed some DIY throttle cleaning (courtesy of youtube demos) I still deemed it necessary for Hyundai to check it up. Be careful on the throttle cleaning procedure as this is different from the conventional cable type throttle, be reminded that this is a drive by wire throttle

Being very polite with the Service Advisors and warranty claims officer has its rewards... I never had problems in my claims although Im still keeping my fingers crossed all the time. But the best of all is my Accent still Rocks!! The ever reliable, from the steep climb going to Thunderbird and Baguio, from Subic to as far as Quezon, from the harsh traffic of the Manila suberbs. Bring it on and never stalled. The only epic failure was the battery conked out 4 days after the 2 year battery warranty period expired.... Tsk tsk
    Could you pls explain a bit the#8...The R&P pre load adjustment. I had complaints regarding some rattling sounds somewhere in the front part of the suspension so they took out the R&P and added grease in it.

For those more mechanically gifted, is this solution safe? Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    ^ wow so many problems for the accent. does the new accent crdi share the same parts / suspension as the accent sedan gasoline? kukuha pa naman ako

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fitdrive View Post
    ^ wow so many problems for the accent. does the new accent crdi share the same parts / suspension as the accent sedan gasoline? kukuha pa naman ako
    As with any other brand/model, there are always defects. The important thing is if they won't ignore or give excuses. What's good w/ Hyundai, is that after verifying and diagnosis of the symptoms, they would right away give their honest assessment and if neede, replace the part.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Update for everyone:
    Hyundai Shaw replaced yesterday the steering yoke and replaced it with an improved part that came in fresh from Korea and the steering rattle is finally solved. Steering tension also improved, a lot more stable on high speed.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Rack and pinion pre load adjustment is ok, however, they need to replace the steering yoke because it is where the rattling sound emanates. Try hyundai shaw at least they already know what the problem is

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hmmm di na mention hyundai sucat.

My 6mos old dcvvt accent had her front and rear shocks replaced thru warranty. Wala ako naging problema except yung front kasi tinamaan ng pasko. Delayed ng two weeks.

So far daily drive to work at 8k wala naman iba problema. Parang kinakabahan ako sa accent ko ha. Kasi yung vios ng wife ko for almost 4 years eh rear shocks lang pinalitan. Wala pa major problem

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Hyundai Rack&Pinion Problem/Warranty Claim  (Accent, Elentra etc)