New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Hi,

We're planning to buy this car very soon. I have a few questions lang po:
    1. Are there issues with supply of parts?
    2. How much would be the insurance?
    3. Does it have 6spd conventional A/T? (not the DCT)

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmetal View Post
    Hi,

We're planning to buy this car very soon. I have a few questions lang po:
    1. Are there issues with supply of parts?
    2. How much would be the insurance?
    3. Does it have 6spd conventional A/T? (not the DCT)

Thanks!
    Considering the number of Accent cabs/Ubers/Grabs, I don't think you will have any problem with parts. The Accent never came with a 6AT. Earlier AT models came with a conventional 4AT though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Considering the number of Accent cabs/Ubers/Grabs, I don't think you will have any problem with parts. The Accent never came with a 6AT. Earlier AT models came with a conventional 4AT though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Hyundai Accent 1.6 7DCT (DSL) highly recommended. Sa traffic khit abutin pa kayo ng umaga di ka mag worry kc diesel at matipid, Kung bilis nman pag usapan, super quick sya mag accelerate and bilis, so far halos na ksabay ko, lahat naiiwan kc ganda ng turbo nya, kung sa highway nman, kahit mga V8 SUV, 140 kph pareho kayo, gulat ka nlang 160 na accent, naiiwan na cla, sarap parin patakbuhin khit ganon na kabilis kumakapit prin sa kalsada. Wla pa masyadong nakakalam ng power ng accent na 1.6 7DCT (DSL) pero pag na maneho mo hindi mo sya ipagpalit pagdating sa performance. I'm really proud having an accent.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I have the 2014 hatchback m/t version. Basically identical sa sedan. Yes, very economical, hindi kalampagin as claimed by Toyota/honda fanbois. I think, through the years, the car/brand has proven itself by the increasing number in the streets. It is also a safe car. I saw one that got crushed by a truck years ago. Front, side & rear was crushed but the passenger shell was intact. Passengers lived. Only important thing I don’t like about it is that is not that stable at speed. I had front strut tower bars installed para di gaano mag lean sa corners.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    sir bloowolf, can you give more details on how the accent losses stability at high speed?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by constantzero View Post
    sir bloowolf, can you give more details on how the accent losses stability at high speed?
    Ang shocks nya kasi basic KYB gas. Medjo malambot kasi pang comfort pero pag mabilis ang takbo mo, 140 kph, di ganun ka stable.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Ang shocks nya kasi basic KYB gas. Medjo malambot kasi pang comfort pero pag mabilis ang takbo mo, 140 kph, di ganun ka stable.
    i suppose, replacing them with better shocks, will solve the problem?
    does it have sway bars? if none, maybe we can add one?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i suppose, replacing them with better shocks, will solve the problem?
    does it have sway bars? if none, maybe we can add one?
    When this car was just newly introduced in the market, the handling was one of the gripes of the reviewers. Then again, the car was never intended to be a performance car, but as an entry level car. It just so happens that the car has a fantastic frugal diesel engine. One of the first things to address to improve the handling will be to change the steel wheels & get bigger tires. It all depends on how & where you drive, but you can change the shocks & add strut bars & anti roll bars if it’ll suit you. For me, the reason I added the strut bars is becuse I spend a great majority of my driving in the SLEX & STAR (as in everyday). Fortunately, the roll bars are available in the country.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    https://www.topgear.com.ph/features/...a2619-20180913

Those who first drive it feel that the car is very fast. It is, but it is not a racecar. Lalamunin kayo ng buhay ng mga Civic. Maski Lexus Hybrid na hatch iniwan ako noon.
    Last edited by bloowolf; September 14th, 2018 at 01:10 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    doubledouble.
    sorry.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 14th, 2018 at 01:09 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast