New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    When this car was just newly introduced in the market, the handling was one of the gripes of the reviewers. Then again, the car was never intended to be a performance car, but as an entry level car. It just so happens that the car has a fantastic frugal diesel engine. One of the first things to address to improve the handling will be to change the steel wheels & get bigger tires. It all depends on how & where you drive, but you can change the shocks & add strut bars & anti roll bars if it’ll suit you. For me, the reason I added the strut bars is becuse I spend a great majority of my driving in the SLEX & STAR (as in everyday). Fortunately, the roll bars are available in the country.
    then, there's the warranty issues, if one is eyeing upgrading the suspension et al...

but my real gripe is the driver and passenger space.
    apparently, i am bigger than the average korean.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toto View Post
    Hyundai Accent 1.6 7DCT (DSL) highly recommended. Sa traffic khit abutin pa kayo ng umaga di ka mag worry kc diesel at matipid, Kung bilis nman pag usapan, super quick sya mag accelerate and bilis, so far halos na ksabay ko, lahat naiiwan kc ganda ng turbo nya, kung sa highway nman, kahit mga V8 SUV, 140 kph pareho kayo, gulat ka nlang 160 na accent, naiiwan na cla, sarap parin patakbuhin khit ganon na kabilis kumakapit prin sa kalsada. Wla pa masyadong nakakalam ng power ng accent na 1.6 7DCT (DSL) pero pag na maneho mo hindi mo sya ipagpalit pagdating sa performance. I'm really proud having an accent.
    I noticed that also among our local American/Japanese PPVs/SUVs here, ang bagal to speed up from 140 kph zone pero ang Santa Fe at Tucson CRDIs, ang bibilis.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe View Post
    I noticed that also among our local American/Japanese PPVs/SUVs here, ang bagal to speed up from 140 kph zone pero ang Santa Fe at Tucson CRDIs, ang bibilis.
    Wala naman issue with my small American Car and my Japanese SUV pushing to speeds past 150 kmh.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    [QUOTE=dr. d;3007112]then, there's the warranty issues, if one is eyeing upgrading the suspension et al

Not really. Cars are usually set up for comfort, more so entry level cars. To change the shocks to stiffer ones will compromise that. A solution to stiffen the chassis of any car without compromising comfort will be a performance upgrade using strut bars, body brace & stabilizer. These are easily attached & it minimizes chassis flexion & body roll. Usually the effects are immediately felt in the control of the car. I learned these things from my friends who rally & drag race in my younger years. Actually, you don’t have to install all of those. The most common upgrade is the strut tower bars and sometimes it is the only one you will need.
    Last edited by bloowolf; September 17th, 2018 at 03:04 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    mga sir share ko lang po upgrade ko sa unit ko. 2016 hatch 7dct almost 95,000 kms na. to me significant yung improvement sa handling at the same time sa body roll nya esp sa lubak and potholes.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kircchoffs View Post
    mga sir share ko lang po upgrade ko sa unit ko. 2016 hatch 7dct almost 95,000 kms na. to me significant yung improvement sa handling at the same time sa body roll nya esp sa lubak and potholes.

Stiff rings or rigid collars? Saan mo nabile? Pwede ka na mag post mg diagram kung saan exactly nilalagay? Alam ko nilalagay sa subframe pero di ko alam saan. Noon ko pa gusto itry ito.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Stiff rings or rigid collars? Saan mo nabile? Pwede ka na mag post mg diagram kung saan exactly nilalagay? Alam ko nilalagay sa subframe pero di ko alam saan. Noon ko pa gusto itry ito.
    yes sir rigid collar nga po. Stiff Ring - BUG & MAR Auto accessories, Sole Distributor in Philippines - Home | Facebook
    dyan ko po nabili. may basic instruction na kasama yung yellow paper pero may other bolt pa palang dapat tanggalin. try kong gumawa ng step by step procedure for other accent owners na gustong mag upgrade.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Super ok yun accent. Mine is diesel with 4AT tho. Kinda wrong and longish gearing... Mas maganda yun gearing ng DCT. But for me, i avoided the DCT for my sanity. Just in case lang.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kircchoffs View Post
    yes sir rigid collar nga po. Stiff Ring - BUG & MAR Auto accessories, Sole Distributor in Philippines - Home | Facebook
    dyan ko po nabili. may basic instruction na kasama yung yellow paper pero may other bolt pa palang dapat tanggalin. try kong gumawa ng step by step procedure for other accent owners na gustong mag upgrade.

Thank you! Sila rin ba ang nag kakabit? Saan sila located? How much?
    Last edited by bloowolf; September 25th, 2018 at 07:50 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thank you! Sila rin ba ang nag kakabit? Saan sila located? How much?
    kung QC area kayo sir mas ok dun nyo na ipakabit. 4,600 ang stiff ring then 400 labor ng installation. yung saken pina ship ko thru lbc and then dito ko na sa Zafra Sto. Tomas Batangas pina install. labor cost bahala na lang ako magbigay

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast