New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Bakit hindi na lang nila i-retro yung dating SIR....

bibili talaga ako kahit lumang technology basta brand new...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Redorange good point on the new Si, I was thinking along those same lines about the US Si and RP SiR of the same generation. I think they were the equivalents per their respective markets.

I knew it! I knew it!

Over rated daw o, sour grape ka lang

Oops OT... haha
    I guess I was wrong the RP 2.0 S-L is the equivalent of the US Si. Although both use 2.0 DOHC engines with the same bore and stroke of 86mmx86mm the RP version is detuned with a 9.8:1 compression and the Si is 11.0:1.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    B16A = HALIMAW for a 1.6L ahehe :D

this was my dream car rin way back in HS.. sobra naglalaway ako everytime I see it. kso i got the EG of my sis instead. after 5 years i still wanted one, but my dad ddnt want to get me a 2nd hand car. grabe pagpromote ko ng SiR sa dad ko non. hahaha :D wla din nanyari. I ended up gettin a Fit, na dko naman pnagsisihan. Thankful panga ako kse nkakatipid ako sa gas tsaka ko nlg narealize un.

But now I'm eyeing the FD of my sis. ahahaha! :D

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Redorange were you pertaining to the newer model (2001)? I got lost, I know in the US they release a lot of Si models even the old 1990's hatchback Si is available. Nalito na yata ako...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    I guess I was wrong the RP 2.0 S-L is the equivalent of the US Si. Although both use 2.0 DOHC engines with the same bore and stroke of 86mmx86mm the RP version is detuned with a 9.8:1 compression and the Si is 11.0:1.
    Yes, even Honda admits the 155hp 2.0 liter Civic is not a replacment for the old SiR.
    The RP spec Civic 2.0 S-L is more of luxury model, while the Civic Si is a sports model.

The "Si" & "SiR" Civic models were supposed to be the sportiest non-Type-R Civics.

A real new Civic SiR would be an ASEAN/Asian spec version of the 197hp USDM Civic Si.

PS: Other model designations similar to or equivalent to the "SiR" and "Si" is the "VTi-R", in the UK, this trim was just called "VTi", this is different from the RP VTi which was just a regular SOHC model.
    Last edited by AG4; April 11th, 2008 at 12:04 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    The Si does not have the neck snapping torque you thought it has. It is quite tiring to drive when you are in search of power because you have to rev past 6,200rpm to engage the i-vtec which will easily bring you to the 8,000rpm rev limit where the limiter will kick in. The vtec engagement point should be brought down to maybe 4,500 or 5,000rpm so the "fun" starts earlier. For around $2,000 more get a Mazdaspeed3 and you'll always have that smile knowing you made the right decision. The neck snapping torque from the 263 "claimed" hp will always be around. The resale value may not be there but who cares when you have fun at your disposal. I would just like to share experiences and do not in any way like to hurt the feelings of fellow Honda owners.
    Thanks for the heads up :thumbup: can't the revs be lowered by a tuning chip or something so that you don't have to wait that long to feel the kick?

Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    That what makes turbos so fun. That "rush" of power never gets tiring.

If you want a Honda with anything to close to neck-snapping torque, get an Accord V6. For a Toyota, the V6 Camry would do fine.
    Jun, I've always thought that although the V6 Cam or V6 Accord has more power it may be handicapped by the extra weight of the chassis/body which is much heftier than an Si.

Or maybe I'm just assuming a wrong power-to-weight ratio comparo.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Is it possible and feasible to supercharge/turbocharge a Civic FD? Has anyone tried this?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Redorange were you pertaining to the newer model (2001)? I got lost, I know in the US they release a lot of Si models even the old 1990's hatchback Si is available. Nalito na yata ako...
    I was talking about the current FD Civic Si having a comparable model in the RP. But 2.0 they get is detuned, the past Si=SiR in the Rp.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Or maybe I'm just assuming a wrong power-to-weight ratio comparo.
    The Camry and Accord V6 have enough horsepower and torque to compensate for their added weight.
    The manual transmission versions of the Accord V6(coupe) and Camry V6 can hit 60mph in around 5.9sec while the new Civic Si hits 60 mph in 6.7 sec.

The smaller Civic Si may lose in a drag race, but being lighter and more agile than the 2 mid-size cars, it will probably handle better on a race track or on twisty roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower
    Is it possible and feasible to supercharge/turbocharge a Civic FD? Has anyone tried this?
    I guess its possible...
    2.0 (K20)

Mugen Dominator Concept

1.8 (R18)

http://jdmhondacivicfd.blogspot.com/...turbo-kit.html

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Will there be another SiR?