New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I've been thinking about this a lot.

Will there be another SiR release out in the Market? A car that can go fast with small displacement and practically cheap?

This was a good move by Honda and critics rated it good back when it was realeased. I know that the game right now is fuel economy but then wouldn't you wish that Honda or any other car maker would make a car like this again?

I really would wish that this would come true for the reasons:

1. To depreciate the current SiR. It's still being sold * 350k -400k to think that it was only sold * 700k brand new.
    2. For us to play around with the new one rather than adding unnecessary mods to the older SiR.

For the gurus out there, do you hear anything from anyone regarding this?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I think the Honda Civic 2.0S na ang naging kapalit ng SIR.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    I think the Honda Civic 2.0S na ang naging kapalit ng SIR.
    I've heard that M/T variants were limited for this and A/T is the only one released right now. Also, it ain't cheap. It's more than a mil afaik.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post
    I've heard that M/T variants were limited for this and A/T is the only one released right now. Also, it ain't cheap. It's more than a mil afaik.
    I can already forsee the 2.0S M/T (Racing Blue color in particular) will be the next SiR price-wise in the 2nd hand market. Its so rare, I only see one once in a blue moon...

Yes cars right now are more expensive na than before. Because our money is worth less and less as time goes by because of our central bank....

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    In other countries such as Japan, the US, UK, etc there's a Civic Si though not an SiR it follows along the same or similar lineage.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pareho lang yun, tinangal lang yung R. Basically its just a sports version too...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Actually I was thinking about the SiR vs Si subject, and it seems the Si models are only two door hatches or coupes, while the SiR is a four door sedan.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    To depreciate the current SiR? Hardly I think since the current B16A equipped rockets have already become classics in their own right, especially the non-modified ones. And as we all know, true classics come at a price.

The 700k sticker price was introductory but remember that it quickly escalated to the 998k mark when the demand picked-up in 1998. Overpriced today? Ask how much is the current asking price for a Corolla AE86.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    To depreciate the current SiR? Hardly I think since the current B16A equipped rockets have already become classics in their own right, especially the non-modified ones. And as we all know, true classics come at a price.

The 700k sticker price was introductory but remember that it quickly escalated to the 998k mark when the demand picked-up in 1998. Overpriced today? Ask how much is the current asking price for a Corolla AE86.

AE86? The Trueno? As far as I know, Cebu has a lot of them they're selling for like 200k. For a 20+ car, yes it is overpriced.

Well sana lang maglabas na sila. Gusto ko din kasi ulit makakita ng bagong race car. Hehe. (Also, to depreciate the car so that I could buy one. )

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Actually I was thinking about the SiR vs Si subject, and it seems the Si models are only two door hatches or coupes, while the SiR is a four door sedan.
    Wasn't the RP SiR the equivalent of the US Si models except the US had coupes? The current Si has a 4 door sedan model for the US maybe they can bring that instead or is it the same car as the 2.0 w/o the SiR/Si designation.

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-si-sedan/
    Last edited by redorange; April 10th, 2008 at 12:32 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Will there be another SiR?