New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Redorange good point on the new Si, I was thinking along those same lines about the US Si and RP SiR of the same generation. I think they were the equivalents per their respective markets.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post
    (Also, to depreciate the car so that I could buy one. )
    I knew it! I knew it!

Over rated daw o, sour grape ka lang

Oops OT... haha

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post
    Well sana lang maglabas na sila. Gusto ko din kasi ulit makakita ng bagong race car. Hehe. (Also, to depreciate the car so that I could buy one. )
    +1 on this. It is about time that we get a chance at a new toy rocket with the same blast proof engine. I took interest in the stock 2006 Si with 197bhp which does the 60 in under 7 seconds. That's enough neck snapping power for me so imagine you put on additional mods the possibilities are endless!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    A new SiR?

Not until we see the K-series engines become cheap enough to become a viable tuning platform for Pinoys. K20A engines in high-horse tune are NOT cheap; they run easily more than double the price of an equivalent B16A/B.

Sour graping na lang tayo hanggang mangyari yan.

JC: And here I was, convinced you were lambasting the old EK4 SiR. Tsk. Closet desire mo rin pala magkaroon ng isa.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i think there will be a successor for the SiR but not anytime soon...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Redorange good point on the new Si, I was thinking along those same lines about the US Si and RP SiR of the same generation. I think they were the equivalents per their respective markets.

I knew it! I knew it!

Over rated daw o, sour grape ka lang

Oops OT... haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    A new SiR?

Not until we see the K-series engines become cheap enough to become a viable tuning platform for Pinoys. K20A engines in high-horse tune are NOT cheap; they run easily more than double the price of an equivalent B16A/B.

Sour graping na lang tayo hanggang mangyari yan.

JC: And here I was, convinced you were lambasting the old EK4 SiR. Tsk. Closet desire mo rin pala magkaroon ng isa.
    I know I know. I want it. I think should be bashing the owners I guess. Not the car. The Ek4 will be one of my targets but I'm happy with my EK right now. Even if I cannot beat an SiR, I still have the next best thing to it.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    JC,

Whats the fascination with SIR anyway? Have noticed most of your threads are SIR related. . .

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The current equivalent of the old B16 powered SiR and USDM Si is the new 197hp 2.0 liter Civic Si which is only sold in North America and Brazil.
    Gray market price for a Civic Si is around P1.98M.

If they were to make an ASEAN spec model(SiR) it would probably cost around P1.4M+.

Civic Si sedan (North America).

Civic Si sedan (Brazil)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    +1 on this. It is about time that we get a chance at a new toy rocket with the same blast proof engine. I took interest in the stock 2006 Si with 197bhp which does the 60 in under 7 seconds. That's enough neck snapping power for me so imagine you put on additional mods the possibilities are endless!
    The Si does not have the neck snapping torque you thought it has. It is quite tiring to drive when you are in search of power because you have to rev past 6,200rpm to engage the i-vtec which will easily bring you to the 8,000rpm rev limit where the limiter will kick in. The vtec engagement point should be brought down to maybe 4,500 or 5,000rpm so the "fun" starts earlier. For around $2,000 more get a Mazdaspeed3 and you'll always have that smile knowing you made the right decision. The neck snapping torque from the 263 "claimed" hp will always be around. The resale value may not be there but who cares when you have fun at your disposal. I would just like to share experiences and do not in any way like to hurt the feelings of fellow Honda owners.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    The Si does not have the neck snapping torque you thought it has. It is quite tiring to drive when you are in search of power because you have to rev past 6,200rpm to engage the i-vtec which will easily bring you to the 8,000rpm rev limit where the limiter will kick in. The vtec engagement point should be brought down to maybe 4,500 or 5,000rpm so the "fun" starts earlier. For around $2,000 more get a Mazdaspeed3 and you'll always have that smile knowing you made the right decision. The neck snapping torque from the 263 "claimed" hp will always be around. The resale value may not be there but who cares when you have fun at your disposal. I would just like to share experiences and do not in any way like to hurt the feelings of fellow Honda owners.
    That what makes turbos so fun. That "rush" of power never gets tiring.

If you want a Honda with anything to close to neck-snapping torque, get an Accord V6. For a Toyota, the V6 Camry would do fine.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    JC,

Whats the fascination with SIR anyway? Have noticed most of your threads are SIR related. . .
    POWER OVERWHELMING!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Will there be another SiR?