Hi

Coming from a manual car that I've been using for decades, I am planning on getting a CVT Honda because of the traffic.

I've done a bit of research in this forum and elsewhere and have found some people have had problems with their CVT.

Hearing that replacement transmission is going for around 300 thousand is making me consider getting a manual again despite the traffic and manual problems of master/slave cylinder breaking. It is also encouraging me more to get Honda's extended warranty.

Anyways, hoping we could somehow consolidate CVT concerns so it becomes easier for Honda CVT owners to find solutions to their CVT problems (if any), join forces so that dealing with the CASA becomes easier and hopefully more affordable.

1) How many KM have you run your Honda CVT? What model and year is your unit? Has it manifested any CVT problems? Did you complete follow the PMS 40k km CVT fluid change?

2) Did you bring your concern to your dealership? Which branch? And what did they do for you? Was it still under warranty?

3) To those who have had their CVT completely replaced brand new by the dealership (which branch) under warranty, were you able to do it under warranty without any issues or delay?

4) To those who have had their CVT completey replace brand new by the dealership OUT OF WARRANTY, how much did it cost you?

5) If I wanted to have my CVT fluid changed every year (20k) vs the usual every 2 years (40k) to help extend the life of the CVT, will Honda service/dealer/SPA, actually do it or will they say they did it and just charge me anyway? How much extra would this cost just for the CVT fluid and labor?

6) If I wanted to change my CVT fluid on my own more often while the car is still under warranty to save on labor cost, will this void my warranty?

7) When replacing the car battery, I've read the the computer of the CVT needs to be reset, how much will this cost for Honda to do this?

Thank you very much.