New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 53 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The BR-V is actually lighter than the HR-V. Around 1.25 tons. And it feels it when pulling out to overtake.

Just be mindful of the delay when you step on the throttle and as the transmission belts move into optimum position... mind you... this delay is much less than it was with the old four-speed automatics we used to have in older vans/MPVs/SUVs.

The BR-V is quicker than most cars on the road. I'm not saying it's fast. It's just that compared to one liter cars, 1.3 to 1.4 ton "compact" sedans with similar 1.5 and 1.6 liter engines, and older AUVs like the previous Innova 2.5 and the current Advie and Crosswind, it has better performance.

The only time you'll lack overtaking grunt is going uphill with a full load of seven on a winding Baguio road. But if you're itching to overtake around a blind curve with an overladen MPV, then you've got more problems than a lack of power...
    Save for the porky Focus, are there other compacts in the 1300-1400 kg range? And despite being porky, the Focus does have 178 hp on tap.

The Mazda 3 is fairly light at 1240 kg but it also only has a 1.5L rev-happy, torque-less engine. The Altis has very good linear power delivery at 1250 kg. The Civic is unusually light, also at 1240 kg despite its size, paired with the R18 makes for a zippy car.

The top-end models are 50-100 kg heavier but have much more powerful engines anyway.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ I guess it would be easy to say that the BRV will be similar or just a bit lower in performance against Honda cars with a similar engine.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Pag nagovertake hindi na responsible?

After tens of thousands of kilometers driving on provincial roads, one of the most dangerous situations to be in is on the overtaking lane without having enough power and a car coming at you.

I certainly feel safer driving my Civic than my Vios before because I know that it's much safer to overtake with a faster car.

And before you berate me on overtaking, try tailing a cargo truck travelling at 40 kph for an entire 300 km trip.

The law doesn't prohibit overtaking - there are proper road markings for that. A safe driver will overtake safely whether he's driving with a slow car or a fast one. It's just that a faster car gives you more leeway. Likewise, an irresponsible driver will overtake irresponsibly regardless of his car's capabilities.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Overtaking has nothing to do with what i said drive responsibly. its just a mere reminder lang in general sir..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    BRV was delivered to me yesterday. And driving it last night the first thing I noticed the letters of the shift stick were not illuminated when I turned park lights on. Agent told me, wala daw talaga. Found that weird coz I thought that's a standard unless manual shift.

Anyone noticed the same?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Sa Nissan at Toyota wala rin! safety reason siguro para di ka masanay na tumingin sa Shift stick.. ang baba pa naman ng position nya

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by paulus1016 View Post
    Sa Nissan at Toyota wala rin! safety reason siguro para di ka masanay na tumingin sa Shift stick.. ang baba pa naman ng position nya
    Toyota has

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    May 2017
    kamusta naman ang FC ni BRV?

mukhang hirap sa paakyat si BRV from complete full stop.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Avanza illuminated?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by maridoly View Post
    BRV was delivered to me yesterday. And driving it last night the first thing I noticed the letters of the shift stick were not illuminated when I turned park lights on. Agent told me, wala daw talaga. Found that weird coz I thought that's a standard unless manual shift.

Anyone noticed the same?
    Sa Mobilio din wala. Kita mo naman sa dashboard kung saan nakapwesto stick mo. Nakabisado ko na rin pagtagal kung san nakapwesto stick ko based sa number ng clicks.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Yan din ang una ko napansin in the first night driving ko. BRV lang ang walang ilaw sa lahat na AT cars past & present ng family.

Sent from my NX549J using Tsikot Forums mobile app