To all Honda lovers, DON'T go to Honda Alabang for your car repair services, coz you'll get your car back after "10 thousand years"...

I had my accident on July 27, 2009... it was kind of a huge wrecked and my only focus was how and where to get it fixed? I bought my car (Honda city 2009) at Honda Alabang, so normally for my damages, I trust that their services is as great as their sales talk. But alas! Until now, they're still making excuses that they can't commit to the EXTENDED date they have given me! (Keso may kulang pang parts and all...) When the damages that they are telling me were all visible damage! You can see them when you make your initial estimate! Example was the fog lamps, the water tank, etc. All can be obviously seen! And they're telling me that they'll be needing MORE TIME for these parts because they were not accounted in the estimate. Why?? They can't answer that question..
I've brought my car in, on the first weeks of August and they've given me the "Promised date" of Sept.22, to release the car and what date is it? October 2!
I have given my utmost patience with this matter...pero naman, don't you think they had enough??
So to all those people who were affected with the flood... I advice you NOT TO GO to HONDA ALABANG... you'll be getting your car/s on Christmas DAy.. seriously. Their services there really Sucks!
Especially if you're talking to MR. MARLON TERIA (One of the service representatives)... then Good luck to you!

I've given them the final date next week... I'll be blogging on what will happen and how they will deal with this situation..
But to you HONDA GUYS out there... is this really how you treat your loyal costumers?? You just make the sales and that's it?!? Shame. Shame.

And if there's anyone out there who knows how to deal with this kind/s of situation, please please tell me what to do... Really need help. Big time.

Thanks!