New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    saludo ako sa inyo who havent bribe a police officer=)

its is "we" who makes the enforcer think bad and accept bribe, we somehow are the reason why they do such thing, kung walang magoofer alng tatanggapin...

sorry

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite
    am just learning the new power bases here in the traffic pecking order as I have just arrived after 10 years out. Getting used to rules here. Even Indochina was way, way more disciplined than here.
    Interesting. What do you think makes the people there more disciplined than in Philippines?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ...bribed a cop: never
    ...necessary evil: no

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by paulp
    Sayang yung plano to pay over the counter sa Metrobank last year. That is a good deterrent against giving out bribes to cops.
    What do you mean? I just paid a P150 ticket at a Metrobank branch a few weeks ago:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29130

Do you mean that Metrobank took my payment even though they were no longer authorized to collect on behalf of MMDA, and that now, as far as MMDA is concerned, I have an outstanding, unpaid ticket?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I have never. I've never been flagged down for violation.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    On the few occasions that I have been apprehended, I have always decided against bribery. You never know when you'll come across an honest cookie who'll only make things worse for you by slapping a bribery charge. And no, it will never be a necessary evil, IMO.

I've found that reason works better; either that, or I let my wife talk to the poor fellow so convincingly, he'll think twice about flagging me down again. :D
    Last edited by Bogeyman; July 27th, 2006 at 11:14 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    whenever traffic enforcers flagged me dow for a violation, i politely asked what violation i have committed, and if i know that it is valid, i told them to issue receipt so i can go, then enforcers told me that it's complicated and there is always a long line when you get your license in LTO, what the heck, sabi ko sa kanila, PROBLEMA KO NA YON, then maglabas ng tiket kunwari susulat, tapos tanungin ka kung sigurado ka na magpapatiket na lang, hehehe, STYLE NILA BULOK. Sarap nila sagasaan

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako never pa nag bribe sa police. Madalang akong masita, siguro wala pang mga ten times mula nang ako ay matutong magmaneho . Sa Baclaran, madalas akong abutin ng coding diyan, pero nangangatwiran ako, na kaya ako inaabot ng 7 am ay dahil na din sa trapik diyan sa may harap ng baclaran church na hindi nila maayos (that was before Chairman BF's time), nakakalusot naman yung katwiran kasi malapit lang naman talaga office ko sa baclaran. Nung minsan, nung mahuli kami dahil sa counterflow dito sa may southmall, nagpahiwatig yung mmda ng lagay, pero di ko binigyan, nagpa tiket na lang ako, ang sama ng mukha ni kolokoy kasi wala nang nagbigay dun sa mga kasama kong nahul, mga 6 yata kami. Talagang ogags yung mga traffic enforcer kasi ilang ballpen ang nakalagay sa shirt pocket nila kaya di mo mabasa ang mga nameplate.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sorry to say, but I did it once.(City cop)
    Kapag city cops kse sa city hall kukunin at matagal ang proceso dun. Hindi katulad sa MMDA sa banko babayaran.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    I have NEVER bribed a traffic officer or cop who apprehended me for a traffic violation.

Following basic traffic rules and not bribing traffic officers are an indication of how "corrupt" Filipinos are.
    Being a law enforcement officer and coming from a family of cops both in the US and the Philippines, I applaud you and the other members that have never bribed a cop in the Philippines. My uncle was killed in Zamboanga trying to arrest one of his subordinate officer for being a corrupt cop. It's unfortunate that the rest of the PNP hasn't quite caught up to the concept of doing the job that tax payers pay them to do.

Giving bribes just encourages the corrupt cops to be more brazen in their actions. If we want the Philippines to be a better country the change must begin with it's citizens. To the people that STILL give bribes, don't complain about the corruption in the country because you are part of the cycle that encourages corruption.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Who has never bribed a cop? Is that a necessary evil?