New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Pretty self explanatory guys. What is the state of the nation in as much as this is concerned.

Should one contribute to corruption or not? The answer may seem simple but is it really that simple? Can anyone come up cleanly and conversely say they have never ran a red light? Isn't violation of traffic rules kind of like corruption in reverse?

If we expect cops to be clean...can we say the same about ourselves? truly...I write this thinking of the guy beeping from behind me as i wait for the light to turn green in the middle of the night.

What say you?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have NEVER bribed a traffic officer or cop who apprehended me for a traffic violation.

Following basic traffic rules and not bribing traffic officers are an indication of how "corrupt" Filipinos are.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    forgot to add...if you knowingly committed a violation and ran from a whistling cop doing his job...is that a crime as well? is it a cycle?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    I have NEVER bribed a traffic officer or cop who apprehended me for a traffic violation.

Following basic traffic rules and not bribing traffic officers are an indication of how "corrupt" Filipinos are.
    Commendable. Do we not see violations flagrantly happening on a day to day basis? what can ordinary citizens do aside from stepping down and telling their violating countrymen off? So as "corrupt" as drivers claim cops to be aren't violating drivers "corrupt" as well.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I have never bribed a cop so I make sure I follow the rules. Yaan na natin mga PUVs. Pag pinansin mo sila, sasakit lang loob mo.

Quote Originally Posted by midinite
    forgot to add...if you knowingly committed a violation and ran from a whistling cop doing his job...is that a crime as well? is it a cycle?
    Although unrelated, I made a swerving mistake (entering balintawak cloverleaf from nlex from outer lane). You know, I admitted to my fault :sorry: at "pinatawad" ako ng MMDA traffic dude. Pinaalis na lang niya ako.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by paulp

Although unrelated, I made a swerving mistake (entering balintawak cloverleaf from nlex from outer lane). You know, I admitted to my fault :sorry: at "pinatawad" ako ng MMDA traffic dude. Pinaalis na lang niya ako.
    Did you not volunteer to be ticketed and pay the fine to show you were sincere you made a mistake? Just a question. no offense meant.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    the last time I bribed a cop was 3 years ago. MMDA pa hehe. Eh sa Malabon yun, hassle naman kung dun ko pa pick up lisensya ko, so I said "baka sir pwede ikaw na lang magdala ng bayad ko sa LTO"..payag naman siya hehe...he didnt, in any way, force or try to make me give him a bribe...parang takot pa nga tanggapin yung "bayad" ko eh.

After that I changed my ways and my last 2 infractions have been dealt with legally. YUng isa nag 1 way ako hihihi the cops did their usual "paano yan may seminar ka, hassle pa yan, blahlbalh" when I said that he just give me a ticket "ticketan niyo na lang po ako"..he called for backup! 3 more MAPSA guys on motorbikes arrived then tried to hassle me into settling under the table. tsktsk. I ended up getting a ticket after around 10 mins.

Yung isa naman, nag red yung ilaw nung nasa gitna akong intersection, pero hinuli pa rin ako ng MAPSA...hinabol actually. I didnt know any better so I gave the f***er my license, when I contested his claim, he insisted na red na yung ilaw nung tumawid ako. Haay. MAPSA nga naman oooo.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Driv3er
    the last time I bribed a cop was 3 years ago. MMDA pa hehe. Eh sa Malabon yun, hassle naman kung dun ko pa pick up lisensya ko, so I said "baka sir pwede ikaw na lang magdala ng bayad ko sa LTO"..payag naman siya hehe...he didnt, in any way, force or try to make me give him a bribe...parang takot pa nga tanggapin yung "bayad" ko eh.

After that I changed my ways and my last 2 infractions have been dealt with legally. YUng isa nag 1 way ako hihihi the cops did their usual "paano yan may seminar ka, hassle pa yan, blahlbalh" when I said that he just give me a ticket "ticketan niyo na lang po ako"..he called for backup! 3 more MAPSA guys on motorbikes arrived then tried to hassle me into settling under the table. tsktsk. I ended up getting a ticket after around 10 mins.

Yung isa naman, nag red yung ilaw nung nasa gitna akong intersection, pero hinuli pa rin ako ng MAPSA...hinabol actually. I didnt know any better so I gave the f***er my license, when I contested his claim, he insisted na red na yung ilaw nung tumawid ako. Haay. MAPSA nga naman oooo.
    Regarding MAPSA...yes, they are inconsistent and sneaky in my experience. I was ticketed once for a "no turn on red" sign at Sedeno in Salcedo Village when I arrived here and requested for a ticket since it was my error for not seeing the sign. Later i found out when I read the sign that I was not in violation since there are times and days when the sign is in effect. It was a Sunday I committed said "violation". but that was the day allowed pala. Another was similar with not a red light but getting caught mid intersection on a yellow. MAPSA appear to be on a quota and hang out in certain areas where they can "milk" car drivers. They seem to profile to as I have seen them let certain type of cars violate. IMHO, does this go to the Binay fund?
    The Boys in Yellow are a bane and a pain.

Does MMDA accept fine payment through banks now? That is what I heard.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    am just learning the new power bases here in the traffic pecking order as I have just arrived after 10 years out. Getting used to rules here. Even Indochina was way, way more disciplined than here.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite
    Did you not volunteer to be ticketed and pay the fine to show you were sincere you made a mistake? Just a question. no offense meant.
    On contrary, I told him it was my mistake and asked NOT to be issued a ticket. Suprisingly, he didn't and he sent me off.
    Now Im very concious when going through the same road.
    I think the first thing that comes to mind when being issued by a ticket is the hassle of paying the fine and claiming your license. Sayang yung plano to pay over the counter sa Metrobank last year. That is a good deterrent against giving out bribes to cops.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Who has never bribed a cop? Is that a necessary evil?