New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kukuyugin ka nila not knowing yun cager lang ang makakadala sa ospital nun injured rider. cge nga iangkas nila yun injured sa motor nila.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    I was posted at the ER once when a yuppie-looking gentleman brought in a drunk with multiple physical injuries. The good samaritan told us he was driving home when he noticed a motorcycle lying on the side of the road and the victim lying not far away and unconscious.

While being treated and stabilized, we gave the good samaritan a prescription of some of the medicines we did not have at the ER but would be needed for the treatment.

Umangal sya, di naman daw nya kakilala yung tao, nakita nya lang na nasa kalsada. He was told by the senior house officer that while they were trying to find the victim's relatives, he (the good samaritan) was responsible for the patient.

Sinabihan pa yung mga guard na wag papaalisin yung naghatid and to get all his info just in case he does leave.

Nagkakakamot yung yuppie, sabay sabi ng " Hassle naman to. Ako na nga ang nagmagandang-loob, ako pa naistorbo."

Di na namin makita yung wallet nung victim, mukhang may nakauna na.

The yuppie understandably vanished after a while.

Same thing happened to me years back, i was passing by when suddenly an old dude riding a bicycle fell, i pulled down and try to check if he's ok, kasi parang nangisay, madami din nakakita and lumapit, unconcious yung vic, then decided na madala sa hosp, binuhat ng mga tao sa auv ko, then drove sa hosp. good thing kilala yung vic dun sa place of accident at nainform agad relatives at nagsama ako ng isang uzi to help out. when we got sa hosp, doa na yung vic, pero di kami pinapayagan umalis til the police arrived. kinuha license ko, plate number, baka daw tumakas. a few minutes dumating yung relatives, and cleared us na, so dun palang ako naka alis. Hassle din yung nangyari, pero in a way naka alleviate din ng asar dahil nakatulong sa kapwa.

Another experience naman ni cousin, yung sinusundan nya na car, nag hit and run, sya ang tumulong sa victim madala sa hosp, nabalian and needed na ma-cast, sa kanya humihingi ng financial assistance dahil mahirap lang daw. nilubos lubos naman ang kabaitan, or dahil walang masisi, naghanap ng ibang masisisi. and mind you this, may kasama pa na police nung pumunta sa house nya, so ang advice pa ng police is magbigay na lang daw ng pera tapos pa execute sa barangay ng waiver na financial assistance lang yun at di nya accept ang responsibility nung accident.

jsut like sa TS, i think mag dalawang isip ako kung tutulong ako if maka encounter ulit ng ganun scenario, not unless na mas marami na ang uzi's before ako dumating.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    years ago, Araneta Ave QC...

50 meters from my location

may lalake nakasabit sa likod ng PUJ, nahulog

a good samaritan helped the guy

carried the guy, put him in his car

a few days later, the good samaritan went to my location, asking for help

alam niyo baket?

he needed to look for witnesses to the incident to testify that he was the one who helped the guy who fell off the PUJ and not the one who killed the guy (btw, namatay daw ang lalake)

coz siya daw ang pinagbibintangan ng mga kamag anak ng lalake na nakapatay dun sa lalake

poor dude (the good samaritan)

so i accompanied the poor dude to the place where the incident happened, and i talked to the security guards of the building that's exactly in front of the place where the incident happened

wala daw sila nakita (bullsh*t)

sabi ko gwardiya kayo dito wala kayo nakita?! di ba kayo ang naka duty dito?!

hindi daw sila ang naka duty (bullsh*t X 2)

sabi ko kung wala sila nakita, baka may kilala silang tao na nakakita sa nangyari

overhearing the discussion, may isang employee (well, naka uniform eh, looks like he works in the building) lumapit... he said he saw what happened and he said he recognized the dude who helped

i asked the employee kung willing siya mag testify na itong dude na ito ang tumulong at hindi siya yung nakapatay sa lalakeng nahulog from the PUJ

he said yes

i said to the good samaritan dude here's your witness

the dude shook my hand and said thanks

iniwan ko na sila

poor dude

siya na nga ang tumulong, siya pa ang pinagbintangan
    Last edited by uls; August 26th, 2009 at 11:14 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    kaya tuloy di natin masisi yung iba na pagmaynawitness na accident, lalampasan na lang... or siguro pagnakalampas saka na tatawag sa emergency hotlines. iba na talaga panahon ngayon... kung sino pa good samaritan, sya pa mayayari.. hayz..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya we have to make sound judgement muna bago tayo kumilos

i understand that it is our instinct to help other people

but the world we live in now is f*cking twisted

we can no longer just act on instinct

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What we need here in the Philippines is a law similar to the Good Samaritan Law overseas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law
    Last edited by wiretap_md; August 31st, 2009 at 12:21 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Unfortunately here in the Philippines, if you are involved in an accident in which you're not in fault and provided financial assistance to the injured third party, unless you have strong independent proof of innocence (i.e. unrelated uninterested eyewitness) such good samaritan act could even be used against you as indication of guilt on your part.

The theory being that your conscience was so stricken with guilt that you felt a strong obligation to at least appease your victim.

This should not, however, deter anyone from doing the right thing but one must also remember to do the right thing the right way. First thing you need to know is if there are willing, competent and credible witnesses to the accident. Check if the condition of injured person requires immediate attention you are certain that you can help (many accident victims are best left alone untill trained professionals are present) then do so with the help of others, as much as possible.

There are a lot of do's and don'ts and I can't remember much from a training of long ago. If you're keen on being a highway samaritan, it might be best to get yourself trained by those volunteer rescue group.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Kaya kami one time hindi nalang namin tinulungan

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sa case ko naman eh as much as possible tutulongan. Buti naman hindi pa ako nakaranas na may umepal, otherwise manghihiram sya ng mukha ng aso.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    what i usually do with these situation is just to call the police.

due to fear of to be falsely accused as the suspect. lalo kung wala naman nakakita.

have seen many accidents here in the province and i just call them up. they usually ask who the caller is(me) and i just describe what i saw. and thats it. and they respond to it.

it is very nice to be good to people. but, we are not actually in a safe place and can easily be a target of a modus operandi.

so lets just be careful.

ot- i remember a story in the usa of a good samaritan that was sued.
    they saw a car that rolled over on a ditch. they tried to help the passenger because they fear that the car could explode, due to gasoline and fire, but as they were hurriedly helping the passenger. they accidentally injured the passsenger's legs, i think.

and they were sued because they did not take care of the passenger while they were helping her to escape being blown with the car. aint life a b*tch?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Treated badly for helping a biker