New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang yayabang niyo! kala niyo kung cno kayo mag salita! minsan din naman kayo ang nasa ganyang sitwasyon e! hindi sa lahat ng sitwasyon, kayo ang tama... hehehe... sharing lang...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    when somebody is overtaking, why should i give way when i am following the rules and not swerving? its the one who is overtaking who has to work for it in my book.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any driver should know what is the fast lane and slow lane. Changing lanes cannot be considered swerving. Swerve at a high speed pace and you're definitely waiting for accidents to happen.

For local expressways we have here, 3 lanes in one direction. Slow lanes 60-75km/h Middle lanes 76-90km/h. Outer lanes should be considered only when overtaking or running speeds between 90-100km/h and sometimes above for emergency situations.

Let's cut the crab mentality here, both vehicles pay for the use of expressways why not follow simple rules to avoid accidents and road rage?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    what i do with this people is that i flash my headlights for about 5 secs. or so...

pag ayaw pa din sasabayan ko na ng busina...

pag di pa din tumabi, i'll find a way to overtake and swerve in front of them...

nakakabwisit talag... everyday di nawawalan ng ganito sa slex... kagabi nga sa skyway pa e

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Giving way to faster and overtaking vehicles is not considered swerving unless you suddenly jerk the steering wheel with the grace of a grenade exploding. And why do you want them to 'work' for it? Ganyan na ba ang mentality ng mga tao ngayon?

You can see me giving way most of the time along the NLEX. You don't even have to flash me, malayo pa lang alam ko na kung kailangan kong tumabi.

Pero kung ako naman ang mabilis (e.g., when I'm running empty or yung mga de-gasolina ang dala ko), I expect the same courtesy.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    EDSA is no different...3 out of 5 times cguro palaging me mabagal na truck/jeep sa leftmost lane...e since newbie pa ako...just grin and bear it na lang...and hope the guy in front of me suddenly gets lbm

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Dati, galit din ako at inis na inis. Flashing, honking, tailgate... Wala, hindi rin tatabi, or kung tumabi man, may kasunod na ganon din kabagal. Sayang lang ang init ng ulo ko. Walang nangyayari, kundi baka maunahan lang ako ng putok ng baril. It's not worth it. Dinadaan ko na lang sa magandang sounds habang nagmamaneho. Overtake sa right lane na lang.

It's not that I've resigned to the fact that most drivers are stupid, but it's because I realized my actions don't help either. Ilawan, businahan, tutukan - di rin nila alam kung bakit. Kala lang nila nagmamadali ka.

Until I can find a way to influence driver education through the LTO or whatever organization, lalampasan ko na lang... Maybe I will note their plate numbers, write a letter to LTO, and hope for action. Medyo idealist, pero kanya kanyang opinion yan.

Of course if I let my agression take over, I'd promptly shoot their tires out. Hehehehe.

Again, no offense sa mga iba ang reaction. Kanya kanyang opinion lang po...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by rukawa
    di naman masisisi mga nag papass sa shoulder as you said, passing lane and slow lane are both slow hehe, so yung iba sa shoulder na lang overtake, tsaka isa pa, dun sa NLEX grabe ang sama ng daan, e mas maganda pa yung kalye sa shoulder
    No offense, i totally do not agree with this logic

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung bukas naman ang kanan, nilulusutan ko na. Kaso hindi naman sa lahat ng araw bakante ang right lane.

Gusto ko na nga maglagay ng decal sa rear glass ko: SLOW VEHICLES KEEP RIGHT!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    What expressways have 3 decent lanes nowadays? NLEX is quite bad right now. SSH is quite bad din from Taft to Quirino ave. Avoiding potholes, rocks or uneven asphalt is hard enough, Then you have to watch out for people who want to pass you when you are at the decent part of the road? Another thing, somebody wants to pass you either by momentarily blinding them by full headlight beam or sustained horn blowing? Sorry but i can not understand why anybody would find this type of behavior acceptable when they're perfectly minding their business.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Slowpokes * the passing lane