New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    A Scary Experience
    Article by: Kelvo

I have this friend who bought his ek hatch just last year. His other friend saw it in a buy and sell. So they met and went to the location of the owner of the ek hatch. It was in Pasay. The owner owns a shop.They even joined a drift event It’s a well known shop. He test drove the car around while his friend checks if the papers are ok. It was clean and no problems. The steering wheel has no problems. Next couple of days he went back to buy it. When he got home saw the 3 tires have a long line. He even went to Goodyear to vulcanize one tire and they said “Sir your tires might explode because of the long line it has in the tread.” He went back to the former owner of the vehicle to let them change the tires. So they did change it which was a good thing.
    But it didn't stop there. Then he started to use it one day and drove it. He then reached more than 100 kph. He went right and left to over take a vehicle in the highway and to his surprise it automatically turned right(which he felt the steering wheel went from tight to loose) while he steered it to the left but to no response. Luckily he bumped to a private vehicle along the way and the steering wheel went to the left and bumped to the gutter of the bridge. He gradually was braking during that time and came to a full stop. He went to Pren’s to have it checked. He found out the rear disc brake was locked.
    Now everytime he use it. He just reached the speedometer to 80kph not because of the brake that got locked but because of the bad conversion the owner of the shop made.
    They even said that the car reached to Batangas which it has no aircon and has a long line in the tread.
    Well as for me I can't believe a shop owner would do this. If I was a shop owner I would fix it because those people are customers or clients that you have to a good reputation. They would even go back to you and recommend your shop.
    If you are a seller and you have conscience you would fix it or at least be honest with it. You are one lucky person if you have a shop (which I dream of having one someday).
    Well if you are going to buy parts. I think its ok but buying a vehicle from that shop better think twice.

To Those who are buying an converted vehicle to check the ff(This is from my observation)

1. Conversion
    2. If you can’t see the conversion or you won't notice it like I did. Let them reach more than 100kph.Turn left and right during that certain speed and then brake.
    3. Try turning the steering wheel
    4. Papers

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kakatakot nga, pero ang hirap basahin....hehehee :outcold:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Caveat emptor, dude.

never take a shop or seller's word

Kahit converted o hinde,

No seller is gonna tell u meron problema ung oto na binebenta nya

u have to find out for yourself

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    He test drove the car around while his friend checks if the papers are ok. It was clean and no problems. The steering wheel has no problems.
    hindi na kasalanan ng nagbenta yan pina test drive/check naman.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Caveat emptor, dude.

never take a shop or seller's word

Kahit converted o hinde,

No seller is gonna tell u meron problema ung oto na binebenta nya

u have to find out for yourself
    I would! Kung may sira na alam ko na MATERIAL (not including scratches and very minor dents) at hindi ko inayos, sasabihin ko para ibawas na lang ang cost of repair sa price. I recently sold nga my 2002 civic and sinabi ko sa nakabili i-check niya yung service record sa HCQC.

Na find out namin may isang engine support for replacement (yata) at binawas ko na lang ang 2.5 sa price.

I do this because bad sellers can ruin the reputation of the 2nd hand car market. Akala nila nakakaisa sila pero in the long run, if enough people do this, the market will correct by lowering the price on all 2nd hand vehicles.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    kakatakot nga, pero ang hirap basahin....hehehee :outcold:

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    He only test drove it around evangelista.
    Meron pa yatang Yellow na Ek hatch na binebenta dun sa shop na yun.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Boss GS, I hope you don't mind na ayusin ko konti yung article mo...

Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    A Scary Experience
    Article by: Kelvo

I have this friend who bought his ek hatch just last year. His other friend saw it in a buy and sell. So they met and went to the location of the owner of the ek hatch. It was in Pasay.

The owner owns a shop.They even joined a drift event It’s a well known shop. He test drove the car around while his friend checks if the papers are ok. It was clean and no problems. The steering wheel has no problems.

Next couple of days he went back to buy it. When he got home saw the 3 tires have a long line. He even went to Goodyear to vulcanize one tire and they said “Sir your tires might explode because of the long line it has in the tread.” He went back to the former owner of the vehicle to let them change the tires. So they did change it which was a good thing.

But it didn't stop there. Then he started to use it one day and drove it. He then reached more than 100 kph. He went right and left to over take a vehicle in the highway and to his surprise it automatically turned right(which he felt the steering wheel went from tight to loose) while he steered it to the left but to no response. Luckily he bumped to a private vehicle along the way and the steering wheel went to the left and bumped to the gutter of the bridge. He gradually was braking during that time and came to a full stop. He went to Pren’s to have it checked. He found out the rear disc brake was locked.

Now everytime he use it. He just reached the speedometer to 80kph not because of the brake that got locked but because of the bad conversion the owner of the shop made.

They even said that the car reached to Batangas which it has no aircon and has a long line in the tread.

Well as for me I can't believe a shop owner would do this. If I was a shop owner I would fix it because those people are customers or clients that you have to a good reputation. They would even go back to you and recommend your shop.

If you are a seller and you have conscience you would fix it or at least be honest with it. You are one lucky person if you have a shop (which I dream of having one someday).

Well if you are going to buy parts. I think its ok but buying a vehicle from that shop better think twice.

To Those who are buying an converted vehicle to check the ff(This is from my observation)

1. Conversion
    2. If you can’t see the conversion or you won't notice it like I did. Let them reach more than 100kph.Turn left and right during that certain speed and then brake.
    3. Try turning the steering wheel
    4. Papers
    Sorry, I don't buy converted. Btw, ok lang po for OT question? Sino po yung nasa avatar mo boss GS?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yep mahirap talaga pag converted unless pulido pakakayari. magaling naman ang pinoy lalo't gusto.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    yep mahirap talaga pag converted unless pulido pakakayari. magaling naman ang pinoy lalo't gusto.
    magaling sa remedyo kamo hehehe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
A Scary Experience