I'm starting this thread for both humorous and cathartic reasons (better to rant and rave here than rage and rave on the streets), and as an offshoot of a funny but bitter conversation I had with a motorcycle rider who hit me while I was stopped in traffic. If you guys have similar anecdotes/conversations, please share them here.

---------

I was on my way home and while stopped at an intersection waiting for my turn to go left, I saw a motorcycle quickly approach from behind left, essentially counter-flowing. Then I saw his side mirror hit my side mirror as he came to a stop. The rider must have miscalculated his distance from me, or maybe he got uncomfortable with cars approaching him that he veered towards me. Indignant, I rolled down my window and looked at him. He "realized" that I noticed what happened so he said sorry without even looking at me. I then engaged him in a conversation as calmly as I could.

Him: Sorry ha.

Me: Yan ang hirap eh, dinadaan niyo sa sorry pero di kasi kayo nag-iingat. Ang dami ko na ngang tama sa mga katulad mo.

Him: (somewhat irked) Sorry na nga. Tsaka wala namang gasgas eh.

Me:

Me: (after a few seconds) Kahit na. Buti ngayon walang gasgas, eh paano kung meron. Dapat kasi umayos kayo sa kalsada.

He then glared at me but said nothing, probably seeing that I was frowning.

At that point, the traffic enforcer motioned for my lane to turn left, which I did. Then I saw him speed off and enter a one way street. I could only shake my head in sadness.

So it seems it's okay to hit another vehicle as long as there is no scratch...