New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I'm starting this thread for both humorous and cathartic reasons (better to rant and rave here than rage and rave on the streets), and as an offshoot of a funny but bitter conversation I had with a motorcycle rider who hit me while I was stopped in traffic. If you guys have similar anecdotes/conversations, please share them here.

---------

I was on my way home and while stopped at an intersection waiting for my turn to go left, I saw a motorcycle quickly approach from behind left, essentially counter-flowing. Then I saw his side mirror hit my side mirror as he came to a stop. The rider must have miscalculated his distance from me, or maybe he got uncomfortable with cars approaching him that he veered towards me. Indignant, I rolled down my window and looked at him. He "realized" that I noticed what happened so he said sorry without even looking at me. I then engaged him in a conversation as calmly as I could.

Him: Sorry ha.

Me: Yan ang hirap eh, dinadaan niyo sa sorry pero di kasi kayo nag-iingat. Ang dami ko na ngang tama sa mga katulad mo.

Him: (somewhat irked) Sorry na nga. Tsaka wala namang gasgas eh.

Me:

Me: (after a few seconds) Kahit na. Buti ngayon walang gasgas, eh paano kung meron. Dapat kasi umayos kayo sa kalsada.

He then glared at me but said nothing, probably seeing that I was frowning.

At that point, the traffic enforcer motioned for my lane to turn left, which I did. Then I saw him speed off and enter a one way street. I could only shake my head in sadness.

So it seems it's okay to hit another vehicle as long as there is no scratch...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    So it seems it's okay to hit another vehicle as long as there is no scratch...
    ok lang until you'll be the one to hit them.. kawawa ka sa reklamo nila at lahat ng gasgas sasabihin galing sayo. Dami ko na nakita situation na yung nag counterflow pa or yung bumangga ang may guts magalit.

tama yan dito ka na lang mag rant. Road rage never solved anything.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    pwede ba sumigaw dito mga bros?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Ako naman kapag nakakakita ako ng MC rider na approaching me tapos nag-ccounterflow meaning lumampas sa solid lane or babad na sila sa pag-counterflow, minamaximize ko space ko sa left para bumalik sila sa lane nila, same goes with tricycle drivers, jeeps, and taxis (pansin nyo puro PUV, MC lang talaga sa privateMOST OF THE TIME). Take note maximize hindi iniipit.

Natatawa na lang ako pag nangangatog na sila sa taranta sa pagbalik sa lane nila (MCs). :bwahaha:

May karapatan naman akong gawin yun dahil nasa tamang lane ako at sya ang mali (baka may magalit na MC rider eh), pero syempre kung sadyang gag* talaga yung MC rider at ayaw bumalik sa lane nya di ko naman aararuhin grabe naman na yun.

Okay maiba naman baka sabihin anti-MC ang thread/post na to.

Nabubwisit din ako sa mga drivers na nasa overtaking/inner lane pero SOBRANG BAGAL magmaneho. Ultimo ilawan at businahan mo na dedma lang. Nainis ako dito one time sa mcarthur h-way kala ko ang traffic pero nagtataka ako ang bilis ng mga kotse sa kanang lane, nung sinilip ko aba ang luwag pala! 20kph lang takbo ko nun, so binusinahan ko yung nasa harap ko at awa ng dyos tumabi naman.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    somewhat a similar happened to me a few weeks back at makati cinema square - mcdonalds.

I was at pasay road that time then took the eskinita road beside the on-ramp skyway so i can access osmena highway going to edsa-pasay.

so i was now in the old decades building (back of makati cinema sqare) approaching mcdonalds so i can take a left turn to chino roces, a truck was trying to park on my left side so since i know at the other side of the truck was the mcdonalds drive thru exit... i was moving less than 10km/hr and i am sure because i was on first gear and just passed on some humps.. after my side mirror area already past the truck, a motorcycle was speeding out of that mcdonalds exit and almost hit me on my door.

we both had a blind spot because of that truck and he still have the guts to run fast.

after that one, I went first going to chino roces and i can see him in my rear view mirror just shaking his head... (sarap batukan...)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    pustahan lalabas na naman dito ang katagang "cager" later on

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    another one.... im not hitting on "All" motorcycle drivers, nor hate them... its just "some" of these people on motorcycles just don't know how dangerous they drive.

pag na-bunggo mo sila.. talo ka dahil makaka-sakit ka ng tao..

pag na-bunggo nila ikaw.... talo ka pa din dahil meron dyan... walang pambayad.. (uulitin ko po.. hindi lahat.. pero 'meron dyan') baka may ma offend kasi.

pinaka ayoko talaga yung bigla silang papasok sa lane mo na napaka-lapit nila. ok lang kung malayo eh dahil may breaking distance ka pa..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    somewhat a similar happened to me a few weeks back at makati cinema square - mcdonalds.

I was at pasay road that time then took the eskinita road beside the on-ramp skyway so i can access osmena highway going to edsa-pasay.

so i was now in the old decades building (back of makati cinema sqare) approaching mcdonalds so i can take a left turn to chino roces, a truck was trying to park on my left side so since i know at the other side of the truck was the mcdonalds drive thru exit... i was moving less than 10km/hr and i am sure because i was on first gear and just passed on some humps.. after my side mirror area already past the truck, a motorcycle was speeding out of that mcdonalds exit and almost hit me on my door.

we both had a blind spot because of that truck and he still have the guts to run fast.

after that one, I went first going to chino roces and i can see him in my rear view mirror just shaking his head... (sarap batukan...)
    alam ko nasa isip nun bro, ikaw ang me kasalanan....

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    This was last July.

My little brother and I were about to go to school riding and while looking for a parking slot there was this Dark Green "ricey" 1999 Starex driven by a that was pulling off the parking space (Dropped his kids), then the guard who was assisting the Starex signaled him to stop and allowed me to pass. So there, I drove by. When my car reached the back of the Starex the driver honked his horn like hell! I was like WTH?

I wasn't able to find an empty slot so I just parked the car beside the curb and guess what? when my little brother and I were about to step out the car, the Starex pulled beside me, rolled down the windows and and started :rant:. His wife was beside him by the way.

I, on the other hand, with my light-tinted windows closed, was like: :huh:

I then decided to roll down my windows. I can see to their faces that they wanted to laugh or something, maybe get angrier because I am just a 4th year HS student, driving.

I said: Ano po problema niyo?

Mr.OA: Ikaw ano problema mo? Nakita mong umaatras ako sisingit ka pa porket maliit yang kotse mo (i10).

Me: Eh pinahinto naman po kayo ng guard tapos pinadaan niya ako.

Mr. OA: Eh Nakita mo ngang umaatras ako!

I said: Hay nako, late na po ako.

I didn't wait for his reply, I immediately closed my windows.
    I can still see him doing :rant:, then after a few seconds, they drove off.

We stepped out the car after they were gone from sight. Dahil ayokong hayaan na kumibo pa siya dahil isang tawag ko lang... Naku. We then went inside the school dahil na-late na nga talaga kami.

Final message to Starex driver:
    Konting lamig lang ng ulo tsaka bawas-bawasan ang pagka-OA.
    Hindi porket bata ako eh magaganun mo ako.
    Piliin mo kung saan at sino ang babanggain mo.

O diba, dito nga dapat ilabas ang umuusok nating galit sa mga OA at walang katuturan.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    patience lang dude,.. isipin mo na lang na karamihan sa kanila mga iliterate at walang formal driving lesson. Hindi nga alam ang road etiquette. pero wag mo kalimutang mag baon ng glock 40 png Plan B

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
"Road Conversations"