New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    St. Luke's Med. Center: If you're coming from Manila, there is a steel
    fences along E. Rod placed by MMDA but you can make a U-turn across
    Sta. Ignaciana St. though it's not allowed, real emergency are even assisted
    by the MMDA personnel assigned. The reason why St. Luke's favored it is
    that many motorists esp cabs use the exit at the back as shortcut going
    to Timog/Roxas area thus congesting the traffic flow within.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May mga traffic rules naman na pwede i-break during emergencies.

I guess what the threadstarter was referring to was the infrastructure needed to access hospitals. You can beat all the redlights you want, but if it is physically impossible for your vehicle to get to the other side (e.g. may malaking harang na malayo ang ikot), parang useless din.

I was at SLMC kahapon. Hindi na nga gaanong traffic unlike noong araw na madaming 'passing' through.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    sorry, got carried away (na-OT ako)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Bossing OTEP, ang alam ko ide-demolish na yung UST hospital, nakita ko na yung blueprints nung bagong hospital, same site den. ang weird nga eh, kakagawa lang ng benavidez cancer institute, pero damay yata pati yun.

dami nila bagong investors at bagong equipment. plan nila tumapat sa mga premier medical centers sa pinas.

Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Sa UST nga hindi mo makikita kung nasaan ang Private ER kasi nakatago sa loob. Ewan ko kung sinong magaling ang nagdesign nun. :lol:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nasa UST ako kanina. Katabi ng existing pay hospital yung dinemolish. Yung parang annex kung nasaan ang Dietary service at canteen dati. Hindi nagalaw yung Pay (where the cancer institute is), Medical Arts, at Clinical Division.

Podium daw ata ang name ng bagong itatayo.

Ngayon, mas lalong hindi niyo na makikita kung nasaan ang Private Division ER. :lol:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    1. Quezon Memorial Medical Center, Katipunan

Coming from the opposite part of the road, you will have to go all the way underneath the flyover to make a U-turn, taking about an extra kilometer overall. There are no nearer U-turn slots available.
    If you were to compare this to the situation before where there was an open slot near the hospital, the traffic caused by having a u-turn slot open will probably make the trip to the hospital longer then going down half a km to make a u-turn... plus all the tricycles coming from Proj. 4 going to Cinco Hermanos will invade that portion of Katipunan C5 once again (another traffic stopper). The continuous traffic flow (where you can easily do 60-80kph safely in that vicinity) on the area by having no open slot may be better then opening up a slot that will most likely be used by none hospital/emergency goers 95% of the time.

My take is traffic build-up is a greater hinderance to an emergency then having to take a slightly longer route.

My .02

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    If you were to compare this to the situation before where there was an open slot near the hospital, the traffic caused by having a u-turn slot open will probably make the trip to the hospital longer then going down half a km to make a u-turn... plus all the tricycles coming from Proj. 4 going to Cinco Hermanos will invade that portion of Katipunan C5 once again (another traffic stopper). The continuous traffic flow (where you can easily do 60-80kph safely in that vicinity) on the area by having no open slot may be better then opening up a slot that will most likely be used by none hospital/emergency goers 95% of the time.

My take is traffic build-up is a greater hinderance to an emergency then having to take a slightly longer route.

My .02
    my thoughts exactly. it all boils down to planning. If youve got a poorly planned hospital compound which wouldnt be able to handle adequate vehicle flow/volume, then youve got to find ways to ease the congestion. And the most logical way to do this is to use u-turn slots.

I have a friend who did a JBIC funded study (or JICA couldnt remember exactly which) with regards to U-turn slots, and they concluded that it this really eases traffic flow. FYI: there are quite a lot of Japan funded traffic lights found in the metro, that is why the Japanese agency wanted to know why it is spending money to fund these lights and we just end up not using them.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel View Post
    Mas stupid ang pananaw mo, bakit may minura ba ako? You can disagree with my post but to call my post stupid is something else.

Hindi ka ba marunong magbasa, kaya nga sinabi ko sa orig post ko na na do at your own risk.
    Please understand my post completely first before you whine. I wasn't referring to your post as stupid, but rather the fact that you have to accept a ticket if you violate a rule trying to rush someone to the hospital.

And if you're trying to reprimand me for any apparent bad-mouthing, another bad-mouthing, and a sarcastic one at that, isn certainly not the right way to do it. If you think I was offending you in any way, there's always the private message to clear things up. Obviously, this is a misunderstanding and if you've watched Babel, such a small thing can lead to universal chaos.
    Last edited by squala; March 11th, 2007 at 01:41 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Whine?
    I'm not whining, well if you had been more specific then there would not have been any problem.

PM you?
    You posted your comment and quoted my post, just did the same thing.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    :ooops: Someone might be rushed to an emergency room!

Cool lang!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Poor Hospital Access