New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    1. Quezon Memorial Medical Center, Katipunan

Coming from the opposite part of the road, you will have to go all the way underneath the flyover to make a U-turn, taking about an extra kilometer overall. There are no nearer U-turn slots available.

2. Medical City Pasig, Ortigas Ave.

From the other side of the street, the U-turn slot is all the way underneath the Ortigas flyover. Bad, there are slots nearer the hospital but U-turns are prohibited. Worse, if you decide to make a right at the street fronting the Valle Verde 5 main gate, you will have to go all the way beyond the gate itself, which is halfway between the Ortigas and J. Vargas intersections. Worst, a left-turn is allowed at the Meralco complex beside it.

It's certainly pathetic how inconvenient it is to get to the hospital from the road across it. I'm sure there are other hospitals in Metro Manila that are like this also. The distance is not the major issue here, but the extra time it will take to get to the emergency room. Shaving off even a few seconds from a typical hospital trip can save lives and further minimize DOAs.

If any of you have connections to the traffic department or LGU concerned, please take immediate action. I myself could do it but I don't know whom to approach and where to approach them.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    medical city:

kapag emergency all rules are off. you can just u-turn from eastbound ortigas to westbound. the enforcers allow this naman.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rules are there to be followed, if you really must take a u turn then do so to save a life, but be prepared to get a ticket.

being in an emergency is not an excuse to disregard traffic rules, you might be endangering others by doing so. and sometimes one man's emergency might not be an emergency at all, its subjective.

I know rules sometimes sucks, but rules are there for people to follow. Only solution I think is to petition the rule makers to amend the rule.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sa National Kidney naman, nasa likuran ang kanilang emergency room.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa Quezon Avenue nagbukas sila ng extra u-turn slot for Capitol Medical.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel View Post
    rules are there to be followed, if you really must take a u turn then do so to save a life, but be prepared to get a ticket.

being in an emergency is not an excuse to disregard traffic rules, you might be endangering others by doing so. and sometimes one man's emergency might not be an emergency at all, its subjective.

I know rules sometimes sucks, but rules are there for people to follow. Only solution I think is to petition the rule makers to amend the rule.

This is pretty much stupid. If I have a relative figting for dear life and had to be rushed to the hospital, I will break any traffic rule so long as no other life is endangered. If an enforcer stops us and that person doesn't make it because of the apprehension, I just might take a life.

Bottom line is that there should be an exclusive U or left turn to easily access these hospitals. We're talking about human lives here.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    why not buy those magnetic revolving yellow lights na didikit sa bubong? I bought 1. kapag talaga emergency lalagay ko yun.

btw, legal ba yun

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    why not buy those magnetic revolving yellow lights na didikit sa bubong? I bought 1. kapag talaga emergency lalagay ko yun.

btw, legal ba yun

I don't think thats legal but in case of a "true" emergency I'm sure the enforcers will make an exception.

Di ba yong yellow blinkers are for utility vehicles lang esp sa airports?
    Last edited by herbularyo; February 25th, 2007 at 10:19 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yellow is for non-emergency vehicles that require extra visibility.

When the NLEX was being upgraded, vehicles entering the contruction site were required to have them on. Yellow is also used for vehicles that are to be driven on active runways and taxiways in our airports.

Purple is for funeral processions but I think a lot of funeral services still don't know this since they keep on using red and blue lights on their hearses.

AFAIK, it is not illegal to own yellow.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when my late father-in-law was breathing his last breaths in Chinese General Hospital around 2 years ago, me and my wife rushed to the hospital from our place here in Tarlac. all the while, my headlights and hazzard lights are on. i drove fast but not recklessly. when we reached metro manila, and whenever we're at an intersection with traffic enforcers, i'll just honk my horn and the enforcers will stop the flow of traffic to make me pass through. and along the way, a lot of cars will give way naman.

so if it's an emergency, i think it's understandable to break some rules so long as you do not endanger others' lives, especially if you're near a hospital. people will understand naman.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Poor Hospital Access