New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Even if cars and enforcers will give way for hospital emergencies, there should be exclusive access to these institutions still. From the other lane, a slot must be implemented, along with signs warning oncoming motorists to yield to vehicles entering the hospital.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa UST nga hindi mo makikita kung nasaan ang Private ER kasi nakatago sa loob. Ewan ko kung sinong magaling ang nagdesign nun. :lol:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    st. luke's hinarangan din. sa dulo ng harang, no u-turn. akala siguro nila pwedeng tumalon mga auto. :lol: anyway, dapat alerto diyan sa area kasi minsan may mga biglang bumabali, counterflow, etc. kasi emergency nga naman.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    This is pretty much stupid. If I have a relative figting for dear life and had to be rushed to the hospital, I will break any traffic rule so long as no other life is endangered. If an enforcer stops us and that person doesn't make it because of the apprehension, I just might take a life.

Bottom line is that there should be an exclusive U or left turn to easily access these hospitals. We're talking about human lives here.
    i share your sentiments bro....lalo na kung life and death situation ang mangyayari. imagine making a U-Turn at C5 coming from EDSA going to Medical City if your baby/child is colored blue..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Medyo abnormal nga yung no-u turn sa tapat ng St. Luke's pero kung emergency, at least hindi naman gaano unsafe kung mag-illegal u-turn ka dun at hindi ka gaano mapapalayo unlike sa ibang hospital na may center island na malaki at malayo ang ikot.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    This is pretty much stupid. If I have a relative figting for dear life and had to be rushed to the hospital, I will break any traffic rule so long as no other life is endangered. If an enforcer stops us and that person doesn't make it because of the apprehension, I just might take a life.

Bottom line is that there should be an exclusive U or left turn to easily access these hospitals. We're talking about human lives here.
    Mas stupid ang pananaw mo, bakit may minura ba ako? You can disagree with my post but to call my post stupid is something else.

Hindi ka ba marunong magbasa, kaya nga sinabi ko sa orig post ko na na do at your own risk.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel View Post
    rules are there to be followed, if you really must take a u turn then do so to save a life, but be prepared to get a ticket.

being in an emergency is not an excuse to disregard traffic rules, you might be endangering others by doing so. and sometimes one man's emergency might not be an emergency at all, its subjective.

I know rules sometimes sucks, but rules are there for people to follow. Only solution I think is to petition the rule makers to amend the rule.
    I dont agree with you bro.... Just happened to me last monday around 1 am when my wife suddenly had stomach pains... that was the only time na umangal sa kin yon.... mahirap pala..... nung una medyo relax pa ko mag-drive but when every bump eh excruciating pain ang nararamdaman nya and medyo di na responsive sa mga tawag namin... what the heck! to hell with my license.... a couple of beating the red lights with lights flashing saka hazards on.... encountered an arsehole taxi driver.... na instead na padaanin kami since maluwag ang kalsada eh lalo pa kami hinarangan... so when i had the chance, forced the guy to the side... ang kupal talaga! mapapatay mo nga kung may oras para bumaba pero syempre kelangan ko muna madala sa ospital si esmi. another jeepney driver na hinarangan talaga ako even if nakita na naka-hazard at emergency so binaba ko yun driver at sinigawan.... since right then wala nako time makipag-argue.... my wife's life is on the line....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i'm an anesthesiologist. often times, i have to rush to the hospital kapag may surgical emergency. ang hirap. my lights and blinkers are usually on. pero every once in a while, may highschool or college kid na kakarerahin ka. akala nila gusto mo ng gauge. as in sa stoplight, umiiyak gulong nila sa katabing lane. lalo na kung madaling araw at maluwag ang kalye.

dagdag pa: aside from jeepneys, taxis, buses.. isama mo pa ang tricycles and pedicabs. lalo na pedicabs. kelangan mo businahan para tumabi kasi sobrang bagal talaga ng pedicab. pero kapag binusinahan mo, minsan mapapansin mo, lalo pa nila babagalan. at isama mo pa ang mga tumatawid. may mga lalaki na kapag binusinahan mo, lalo pa nila babagalan tumawid. (i have to make an exception: napansin ko, karamihan ng mga ganito puro lalaki. yung mga babae naman tumatabi kapag binusinahan mo.) there was this one time na nagmamadali ako pumunta sa hospital at yung lalaki na sobrang bagal tumawid sa kalye, nang binusinahan ko, itinaas ang tshirt niya para ipakita na may baril siyang nakasukbit sa jeans niya. ewan kung totoong baril yun.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i think off topic na tayo regarding the term emergency and what is right or wrong with regards to point A to point B.

I think the thread starter would like to mention the poor ER/hospital access for automobiles (no left turn, U turn so far away, etc.)

but then again..correct me if i am wrong as well.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    there was this one time na nagmamadali ako pumunta sa hospital at yung lalaki na sobrang bagal tumawid sa kalye, nang binusinahan ko, itinaas ang tshirt niya para ipakita na may baril siyang nakasukbit sa jeans niya. ewan kung totoong baril yun.
    How pathetic, imagine what if he got hit. What's the use of the gun now?

Going back on topic, if I were in an emergency and there was no other way, I would break the law just to get the victim/patient in the doctor's hands provided it is safe. Mamaya na yung usapan about law violations. You can pay a fine, but you can't put a price to somebody's life.
    Last edited by mbeige; February 27th, 2007 at 04:58 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Poor Hospital Access