New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Yep!

pag bang tanga = irresponsible na?

may tao hindi nila alam na mali sila, hindi nila alam na sagabal sila.

you just can't equate that to being irresponsible.
    yes, for me you are irresponsible for being a tanga/stupid/ignorant while doing a task which requires a license...

dito nga sa opis, safety first, never do anything your are not tasked, trained and certified to do (license required), or else your life and the life of others are at stake, just like in driving...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    actually, i don't see any polling/voting on this thread -- i.e. the little buttons you click on to vote. anyone else see them? Could be a browser issue...

Are we talking in a legal sense, or in terms of social responsibility, morals, etc?

Legally, i believe evidence must be presented per case -- anything less would be prejudicial.
    Morally, wouldn't it be wrong to judge someone an irresponsible driver, when you haven't actually seen him driving irresponsibly?

In both cases the only fair judgement you can make is that the driver parked irresponsibly -- no more, no less.

Sir, i totally agree with you -- both irresponsible parking and irresponsible driving show a lack of respect and compassion for the well-being of other motorists.

What i'n not comfortable with is the equation that irresponsible parker = irresponsible driver. imho that judgement should be meted out on a cas e to case basis.

irresponsible drivers can be "responsible" parkers too -- not because of good intentions, but self-interest. Once parked that car is a sitting duck -- why would they tempt fate by taking up two parking slots, parking on the streets, etc.?
    it is intentional that there are no radio buttons (selections) for yes or no, this is to allow explanation for the members answer...

the domino effect is eliminated to reduce the answer of, what if im just a victim... no legal, moral, etc... these are just all opinions, we are not making laws and ordinances here

i think you should go back to page 1, i attached there a link for the famous tsikot stupid parking where you can see cars parked using 2 slots...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    I wouldn't put it as irresponsible, but more like selfish. Self-serving kasi tayo pagdating sa mga ganyan, for the most part. Whatever makes it more convenient, and also, we find ways to bend the rules to serve us, not the majority.

Irresponsible siguro more like endangering others siguro, as a result of disregarding common etiquette/road rules. It also varies per location. Even if you follow driving etiquette, if you do not wear your searbelt, than there you go, irresposible yan. If you take a turn sa parking kahit na wrong way when everyone else had to take a longer route to reach that vacant spot, well that's just selfish.

Also, pag may nakita kang balikong parking, it does not tell you the whole story. Kung may naunang baliko ang parking natural lang na mapipilitan ka, unless you want your door to bang on the other car's fender or you want your Lola to get out the window.
    f
    hmmm... whatever makes it more convenient and selfish... i think motorist should be forced to join and memorize the rotary club four way test

1. is it the truth?
    2. is it fair to all concerned?
    3. will it build good will and better friendships?
    4. will it be beneficial to all concerned?

these signs / test are placed on the road dati, ewan ko lang ngayon...

lets focus on the parking and driving only on roads ( manuvering inside a parking lot can be tricky as there are no common layouts and even if there were signs overhead and on the floor some are confusing and wrong... this can be excused na muna... slow moving naman mga cars sa parking lot... )

your last statement is the domino effect, lets eliminate that muna as said before...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    thank you for all of your peaceful reply... i appreciate your ideas and respect the same...

i-park-like-idiot.jpg

what i do pala to eliminate the domino effect sa double slot parking is to let him/her have the two slots he/she have taken and park properly na lang using one slot, this kills the domino effect...
    Last edited by Stigg ma; October 16th, 2015 at 06:22 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    it is intentional that there are no radio buttons (selections) for yes or no, this is to allow explanation for the members answer...
    Then it's not a poll or survey. Anyways, i'm nitpicking on the dtails...

the domino effect is eliminated to reduce the answer of, what if im just a victim... no legal, moral, etc... these are just all opinions, we are not making laws and ordinances here
    ah so opinion lang po. sabi nyo kasi, in your first post:

(i want to know, because if the case above is true, then why not apprehend them while they are parked)
    so i thought you were proposing we apprehend irresponsible parkers as irresponsible drivers.

i think you should go back to page 1, i attached there a link for the famous tsikot stupid parking where you can see cars parked using 2 slots...
    Oh come now, we all know what irresponsible parking looks like.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thank you for all of your peaceful reply... i appreciate your ideas and respect the same...

i-park-like-idiot.jpg

what i do pala to eliminate the domino effect sa double slot parking is to let him/her have the two slots he/she have taken and park properly na lang using one slot, this kills the domino effect...

Actually i'd prefer we report it to the MMDA and have it towed ^_^

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003

i-park-like-idiot.jpg

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    wag towing, heart attack ka non tohl, knowing na pag balik mo wala na yong sasakyan mo, parang na carnap lang...

chalk lang naman sa sahig ginagamit to tell na na-tow ka, madali isulat ng kahit sino at madali din burahin...

tska may chance na masira body (dents/scratch, etc) sa untrained towing, lalo na yong transmission kung AT...

dito pa din ako sa sticker...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    wag towing, heart attack ka non tohl, knowing na pag balik mo wala na yong sasakyan mo, parang na carnap lang...

chalk lang naman sa sahig ginagamit to tell na na-tow ka, madali isulat ng kahit sino at madali din burahin...

tska may chance na masira body (dents/scratch, etc) sa untrained towing, lalo na yong transmission kung AT...

dito pa din ako sa sticker...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    hmmm... majority is NO... anymore ideas out there? again eliminated po ang domino effect...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
POLL: are irresponsible drivers also linked to irresponsible parking?