New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    No.

My dad is a good example. Malumanay sa daan, follows protocol and accepted practices and yet mejo may 'pwede na yan' attitude sa parking.

Madalas nya ako sinasabihan ako nagpapark na pwede na yan kahit na mejo na o-oc ako lalo na pag baliko.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    No.

My dad is a good example. Malumanay sa daan, follows protocol and accepted practices and yet mejo may 'pwede na yan' attitude sa parking.

Madalas nya ako sinasabihan ako nagpapark na pwede na yan kahit na mejo na o-oc ako lalo na pag baliko.
    thank you all for your valuable response to this survey

again, eliminate natin domino effect...

here is the premise: parking properly shows your respect to other motorist right? then improperly parking just shows you dont care about others like using two spaces, blocking other cars, parking on PWD slots, etc...

then if the second sentence is applied, while driving is it also that they dont care about other motorist?

this is not just a domestic phenomenon, this is also happening on other countries, even in the USA! but i want to know how filipinos think about it?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No.

But in the case of one guy parked at the office, his idiotic parking is linked to his idiotic driving... in other words tanga lang talaga (not irresponsible per se). Tapos forever pa nakakabit yung bike rack sa trunk niya na laging sagabal sa pedestrians.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No.

But in the case of one guy parked at the office, his idiotic parking is linked to his idiotic driving... in other words tanga lang talaga (not irresponsible per se). Tapos forever pa nakakabit yung bike rack sa trunk niya na laging sagabal sa pedestrians.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    No.

Yep!

pag bang tanga = irresponsible na?

may tao hindi nila alam na mali sila, hindi nila alam na sagabal sila.

you just can't equate that to being irresponsible.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    thank you all for your valuable response to this survey
    actually, i don't see any polling/voting on this thread -- i.e. the little buttons you click on to vote. anyone else see them? Could be a browser issue...

again, eliminate natin domino effect...
    Are we talking in a legal sense, or in terms of social responsibility, morals, etc?

Legally, i believe evidence must be presented per case -- anything less would be prejudicial.
    Morally, wouldn't it be wrong to judge someone an irresponsible driver, when you haven't actually seen him driving irresponsibly?

In both cases the only fair judgement you can make is that the driver parked irresponsibly -- no more, no less.

here is the premise: parking properly shows your respect to other motorist right? then improperly parking just shows you dont care about others like using two spaces, blocking other cars, parking on PWD slots, etc...

then if the second sentence is applied, while driving is it also that they dont care about other motorist?

this is not just a domestic phenomenon, this is also happening on other countries, even in the USA! but i want to know how filipinos think about it?

Sir, i totally agree with you -- both irresponsible parking and irresponsible driving show a lack of respect and compassion for the well-being of other motorists.

What i'n not comfortable with is the equation that irresponsible parker = irresponsible driver. imho that judgement should be meted out on a cas e to case basis.

irresponsible drivers can be "responsible" parkers too -- not because of good intentions, but self-interest. Once parked that car is a sitting duck -- why would they tempt fate by taking up two parking slots, parking on the streets, etc.?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    I wouldn't put it as irresponsible, but more like selfish. Self-serving kasi tayo pagdating sa mga ganyan, for the most part. Whatever makes it more convenient, and also, we find ways to bend the rules to serve us, not the majority.

Irresponsible siguro more like endangering others siguro, as a result of disregarding common etiquette/road rules. It also varies per location. Even if you follow driving etiquette, if you do not wear your searbelt, than there you go, irresposible yan. If you take a turn sa parking kahit na wrong way when everyone else had to take a longer route to reach that vacant spot, well that's just selfish.

Also, pag may nakita kang balikong parking, it does not tell you the whole story. Kung may naunang baliko ang parking natural lang na mapipilitan ka, unless you want your door to bang on the other car's fender or you want your Lola to get out the window.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    I wouldn't put it as irresponsible, but more like selfish. Self-serving kasi tayo pagdating sa mga ganyan, for the most part. Whatever makes it more convenient, and also, we find ways to bend the rules to serve us, not the majority.

Irresponsible siguro more like endangering others siguro, as a result of disregarding common etiquette/road rules. It also varies per location. Even if you follow driving etiquette, if you do not wear your searbelt, than there you go, irresposible yan. If you take a turn sa parking kahit na wrong way when everyone else had to take a longer route to reach that vacant spot, well that's just selfish.

Also, pag may nakita kang balikong parking, it does not tell you the whole story. Kung may naunang baliko ang parking natural lang na mapipilitan ka, unless you want your door to bang on the other car's fender or you want your Lola to get out the window.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    No.

oh no! that for me is irresponsible na! why? because driving needs a license, your skills will be put to the test 1st before you are allowed to drive alone, this is done in-order for a 800kg vehicle (or more) to be safely operated on the road and not inconvenience others... so being stupid/tanga/ignorant motorist should be not allowed to drive

safety reminders: these are just opinions, lets respect each other...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Yep!

pag bang tanga = irresponsible na?

may tao hindi nila alam na mali sila, hindi nila alam na sagabal sila.

you just can't equate that to being irresponsible.
    yes, for me you are irresponsible for being a tanga/stupid/ignorant while doing a task which requires a license...

dito nga sa opis, safety first, never do anything your are not tasked, trained and certified to do (license required), or else your life and the life of others are at stake, just like in driving...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
POLL: are irresponsible drivers also linked to irresponsible parking?