New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually may goons talaga dito sa Tsikot. Pero mababait sila. Ewan ko lang kung talagang mabait o front lang nila yun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I know somebody na same situations din talagang 3 guys agains one dalawa naka tutok sa kanya yung isa Knife sa Leeg nya tapos yung baril nasa tagiliran..Medyo buo lang talaga ang loob ng guy kasi sakto naman na yon talaga ang training nila yung ganong pag kakataon... He survived walang na kuha sa kanya at na disarm pa yung mga goons.. Bad trip lang after a week bigla nalang nawala sa police stations.. palagay ko pakawala ng mga parak yon.

Di ko advice na lumaban kayo sa ganong pag kakataon pero mas maganda siguro kung mag aral din ng self defense.. besides its good for the body exercised din naman yon.. at saka you can used in case of emergency.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Next time, may plan A at may plan B.
    PLAN A :
    KILL!!!!!!!!

PLAN B :
    KILL!!!!!!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anong street mo altis?jan akolagi dumadaan sa sikatuna-teachers village area eh..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GlennSter,

It's hard to miss. I live in Madasalin Street, Sikatuna Village. Ngayon wala na namang mga tanod na nagro-ronda. I have to really be on guard when going home.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Madaming goons sila Glenn sa shop nila. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Altis,

Just think of it as defensive driving without a car. Constantly scan ahead of you so you'll know what's waiting for you at each block. Look at people, not just at the street, and observe who is in the area, what they are doing, and if anyone is acting suspiciously.

If you notice something that is not as it should be, you should already have a set of actions or a plan that is ready for implementation. Try visualizing, acting out and solving scenarios in your spare time, so that when the time comes and someone tries to take you by surprise again, instinct mo na lang ang kailangan instead of conscious thought.

Stay safe, dude.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may thread tungkol sa mga baril sa Pitstop dati diba? baka kelangan na i-resurrect hehehe :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I remember it right, Altis6453 is already a responsible gun owner. Tama ba?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regretably, with the current super-strict guidelines for the issuance of a permit to carry (due to GMA's order suspending all PTCs last January ata), having a gun won't be of much help since you'd have to leave it home all the time :mad:

Besides, for a gun to be effective, you'd have to be so familiar with its operation that you could instinctively draw and fire on demand even when you are surprised or under stress. And that level of skill takes several weeks or months to master.

If someone feels they need a gun for protection, by all means get one, but train with it regularly after you get it. By regular, I mean, twice a month at the range, with additional dry-fire practice in a safe room in your home.

For everyone else, a lot of street awareness, caution, and some non-lethal tool such as mace or a telescopic baton may be more useful. But as with all tools, practice with deploying the thing is essential.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Naholdap ako!!!