New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Doc, next visit mo, ask mo si Doctora ER if she is related to a certain Selena de Venecia... Tapos magsumbong ka kay V. Sarne...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sir just don't stoop down. and don't argue with a fool...you will never win after all! heheh

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    sir otep...palagay ko napagalitan ng consultant yan... kaya mainit ang dugo nya...anyways, anu pa nga ba ang pwedeng gawin mo ... isipin mo na lang buntis sya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boydapa:

If you happen to be in the PGH area, do give me a call or text (0917-3001415). I'd be more than willing to show you around the "real" PGH...both infrastructure and manpower-wise.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wag na patulan si boydapa...laging pinapadapa ng nanay niya yan noon kaya ganyan=p

doc...pustahan tayo...may gusto lang sayo yun. napaka macho mo kasi. kahit mata lang ang kita sayo dahil naka face mask ka...talagang kikiligin ang mga bbae sayo. eh natapat ka sa buntis...shempre disappointed yun kasi may asawa na siya =)

i lab you doc.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    1st, i'm from pgh and i am so darn proud of this hospital. 2nd, i don't know the ER officer you were referring to. but i'd like to answer your points.

Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    1. We were both doctors. Granting I was in my more 'casual' clothes that time (I was just wearing my scrubs, white pants, and running shoes because the white coat and formal stuff do not really work well in my working environment), she has no right to look down on and lambast me as if I'm their hospital janitor. She talks to me like I'm a medical clerk or junior intern. I know I look kinda young for my age pero ano ba ipinagmamalaki niya? I don't even talk to the clerks or interns the way she did. How would she feel if she decided to visit UST or Makati Med at ako naman ang mamahiya sa kanya?
    if you looked around, you'd notice that we couldn't care less what you're wearing. anyone who's been through the UP system would know that what you wear doesn't affect us. the wards are hot and humid so our top priority is comfortable clothes. we walk all over the place, so dress shoes are the first to go. now, how exactly was she talking to you like you were a medical clerk? maybe you couldn't defend your patient's case well to her. the ER officer is responsible for accepting your patient, so you'd better be ready to endorse your patient to her properly. PGH services patients from all over the country. not just manila but luzon, visayas and mindanao. her responsibilities are far greater than you can imagine. and that is easier said than done. you have got to experience it to know what it feels like on a visceral level.

can you really throw your weight around in makati med? can you try that in MMC's OR? frankly speaking, "ano ba ang ipinagmamalaki mo"? what exactly are your accomplishments enough for you na mamahiya sa makati med? or is that "position of power" because of dear ol' mom and pop?

2. I was not passing a patient on to her. I just needed a place to get oxygen. How hard was that to understand?
    because if your intubated patient codes in the ER, it becomes her responsibility. and if she doesn't completely understand your patient's case, she wouldn't be able to perform the proper care of your patient. and if she can't perform the proper care, then yari siya. its your responsibility to endorse the patient properly in her ER. you getting oxygen from her ER is tantamount to passing a patient onto her.

you don't have enough oxygen in your ambulance? then that's your hindsight. sumasabak ka sa giyera na kulang ang bala. your ambulance is your jurisdiction. her ER is hers. how would you feel if we stuff the patients from the ER into your ambulance and tell you to bring them to their respective domiciles (all the way to bicol and cagayan de oro) without the proper endorsement? better yet, code black ang nursery ngayon. gamitin kaya namin ang hiace grandia niyo para i-transfer ang mga buntis na dumadating sa OB. kelangan na talaga nila ma-transfer e. how hard is that to understand?

you're in a hurry because you have another emergency? ilan ba ang emergency teams niyo? dapat quality over quantity. kung sa pagmamadali mo na makapunta sa next emergency at hindi mo na-endorse nang maigi ang unang pasyente mo (and something happens to the patient that you endorsed), don't you think that you're shortchanging your first patient?

3. Mahigit sampung taon siya nag-aral ng medicine pero basura pa din ugali niya. Ano yun, hindi pinalaki ng maayos ng magulang? Saka mahiya naman siya sa magiging anak niya. Sino ba rito ang may gusto ng nanay na basura ang ugali?
    sampung taon ba ang medicine? 4 years proper. 1 year internship. 3 years residency (emergency med). that's just 8. pinalaki ka ba ng maayos ng magulang mo? bakit mo linalambast ang tao dito sa forum kung saan hindi ka naman niya kayang sagutin? oh yeah, i get it, you're just venting. but get this: your venting isn't fair to her.

4. I and my medical team were not in violation of any of their institution's policies, bakit niya kami gusto ipahiya? Naiinggit ba siya sa Hiace Grandia Advanced Life Support unit namin? hehehe. May IVECO ambulance naman sila. Ewan ko lang kung may fuel.
    do you know pgh's policies well enough to know that you are not in violation of any of them? you think its perfectly okay to bypass the ER officer (and not endorse the patient properly) because you need oxygen? bakit ang konti ng oxygen ng ambulance ninyo? again, if your patient codes in her ER, its her responsibility, which is why she is adamant that you endorse your patient properly. lalo na kung may media. kapag ipinasok mo ang pasyente mo (dahil kelangan mo ng oxygen) at biglang nag-code ang pasyente at may media dun, ang yayariin ay ang ER officer. all patients in that ER are her responsibility.

may fuel ang ambulance namin. full tank. laging handa. kayo? may oxygen ba ang mga tangke niyo?

gaano ba ka-high tech ang hiace grandia advance life support niyo para kaingitan namin?

5. If it's 'HER' ER, eh isaksak na niya sa baga niya yung ER niya. Hindi porke't class C-D-E ang market niya ay dapat ugaling kanto na siya. I extend the same level of care to all my patients irregardless if they are some donya living in Forbes Park or an indigent patient needing to be transferred due to financial constraints. True, I'm not exactly the best doctor in the country but at least I care enough. If she doesn't like her job, umuwi na lang siya at gumawa pa ng maraming anak..
    hindi ba ugaling kanto ang ipinaiiral mo dito sa pag-lambast sa kanya? worse, hindi siya maka-reply sa iyo dito (i wonder if she even knows about this). do you find this fair? you're as guilty of the same crime you accuse her of.

and you bet she loves her job. our residents fork out a huge sum from their own salary for the sake of the C-D-E "market" we service. ever drove 8 hours out of town (after a gruelling 36 hour duty) just to secure blood for a patient you do not even know? ever gave up lunch money so that you can pay for the ventilator that your indigent patient desperately needs?

you handle indigent patients in your ambulance? please PM me your number. ang dami naming pasyenteng kailangan ma-transfer and wala silang pambayad ng ambulance conduction. tatanggapin mo? put your money where your mouth is. if you truly handle indigent patients na kelangan ma-transfer and wala silang pambayad ng ambulance conduction, gagawin mo? mga ka-tsikot, i'm putting a dare to dear doctor otep that he transfer pgh's indigent patients for free.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boydapa View Post
    PGH ba yan kamo?

eh malamang taga u.p. yan graduate. pcensya ka na doc ksi sa iskwelehan-ng-mga-poor-na-trying-hard-yumaman-at-gagawin-lahat-para-yumaman-kahit-magnakaw -at-mangagrabyado-sa-kapwa which is u.p. ang training puro I.Q. lang at hindi kasama ang E.Q. development lalo na sa mga matataaas ang pinag aralan. lalo na yun mga produktong doctors, lawyers, professors. kaya yun doctorate ang level dyan na grumadwayte ang mga katangian nyan is a impatient, judgemental, at mapang mata ng kapwa etc. yan ang mga E.Q. core values na nadevelop sa kanilang pagkuha ng phd.

pag pasensyahan mo nlng.
    parang nabasa ko na'to sa isa pang forum

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    1st, i'm from pgh and i am so darn proud of this hospital. 2nd, i don't know the ER officer you were referring to. but i'd like to answer your points.

if you looked around, you'd notice that we couldn't care less what you're wearing. anyone who's been through the UP system would know that what you wear doesn't affect us. the wards are hot and humid so our top priority is comfortable clothes. we walk all over the place, so dress shoes are the first to go. now, how exactly was she talking to you like you were a medical clerk? maybe you couldn't defend your patient's case well to her. the ER officer is responsible for accepting your patient, so you'd better be ready to endorse your patient to her properly. PGH services patients from all over the country. not just manila but luzon, visayas and mindanao. her responsibilities are far greater than you can imagine. and that is easier said than done. you have got to experience it to know what it feels like on a visceral level.

can you really throw your weight around in makati med? can you try that in MMC's OR? frankly speaking, "ano ba ang ipinagmamalaki mo"? what exactly are your accomplishments enough for you na mamahiya sa makati med? or is that "position of power" because of dear ol' mom and pop?

because if your intubated patient codes in the ER, it becomes her responsibility. and if she doesn't completely understand your patient's case, she wouldn't be able to perform the proper care of your patient. and if she can't perform the proper care, then yari siya. its your responsibility to endorse the patient properly in her ER. you getting oxygen from her ER is tantamount to passing a patient onto her.

you don't have enough oxygen in your ambulance? then that's your hindsight. sumasabak ka sa giyera na kulang ang bala. your ambulance is your jurisdiction. her ER is hers. how would you feel if we stuff the patients from the ER into your ambulance and tell you to bring them to their respective domiciles (all the way to bicol and cagayan de oro) without the proper endorsement? better yet, code black ang nursery ngayon. gamitin kaya namin ang hiace grandia niyo para i-transfer ang mga buntis na dumadating sa OB. kelangan na talaga nila ma-transfer e. how hard is that to understand?

you're in a hurry because you have another emergency? ilan ba ang emergency teams niyo? dapat quality over quantity. kung sa pagmamadali mo na makapunta sa next emergency at hindi mo na-endorse nang maigi ang unang pasyente mo (and something happens to the patient that you endorsed), don't you think that you're shortchanging your first patient?

sampung taon ba ang medicine? 4 years proper. 1 year internship. 3 years residency (emergency med). that's just 8. pinalaki ka ba ng maayos ng magulang mo? bakit mo linalambast ang tao dito sa forum kung saan hindi ka naman niya kayang sagutin? oh yeah, i get it, you're just venting. but get this: your venting isn't fair to her.

do you know pgh's policies well enough to know that you are not in violation of any of them? you think its perfectly okay to bypass the ER officer (and not endorse the patient properly) because you need oxygen? bakit ang konti ng oxygen ng ambulance ninyo? again, if your patient codes in her ER, its her responsibility, which is why she is adamant that you endorse your patient properly. lalo na kung may media. kapag ipinasok mo ang pasyente mo (dahil kelangan mo ng oxygen) at biglang nag-code ang pasyente at may media dun, ang yayariin ay ang ER officer. all patients in that ER are her responsibility.

may fuel ang ambulance namin. full tank. laging handa. kayo? may oxygen ba ang mga tangke niyo?

gaano ba ka-high tech ang hiace grandia advance life support niyo para kaingitan namin?

siguro isipin na lang kapakanan ng pasyente na lang, kung kulang ng oxygen bigyan muna tapos discussion. hindi discussion of what's right & wrong muna tapos bigay oxygen.

d'ba dapat mga ospital patient welfare first, then debate on hospital rules & regulation 2nd.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I remember the Professional's Oath correctly, it say's " ... to act professional at all times ..." or words to that effect. No ifs, no buts.

Even without an oath, basic ethics dictates proper decorum, more so from a professional whom society places higher respect because he/she is expected to have learned enough to obseve it (after all those years of getting an "education").

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    We're only humans, you can't expect each and every doctor to stay true to those words ALL the time. Face it, everybody's going to have bad days and vent out their anger in a not-so professional manner. And education has nothing to do with it.

After smooth's reply, I think this thread is good for another 5 pages...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
F****** Doctor