New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boydapa View Post
    PGH ba yan kamo?

eh malamang taga u.p. yan graduate. pcensya ka na doc ksi sa iskwelehan-ng-mga-poor-na-trying-hard-yumaman-at-gagawin-lahat-para-yumaman-kahit-magnakaw -at-mangagrabyado-sa-kapwa which is u.p. ang training puro I.Q. lang at hindi kasama ang E.Q. development lalo na sa mga matataaas ang pinag aralan. lalo na yun mga produktong doctors, lawyers, professors. kaya yun doctorate ang level dyan na grumadwayte ang mga katangian nyan is a impatient, judgemental, at mapang mata ng kapwa etc. yan ang mga E.Q. core values na nadevelop sa kanilang pagkuha ng phd.

pag pasensyahan mo nlng.
    These comments are a bit uncalled for and a bit unfair to UP graduates - not all UP graduates are like what you described.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    PGH ba yan kamo?

eh malamang taga u.p. yan graduate. pcensya ka na doc ksi sa iskwelehan-ng-mga-poor-na-trying-hard-yumaman-at-gagawin-lahat-para-yumaman-kahit-magnakaw -at-mangagrabyado-sa-kapwa which is u.p. ang training puro I.Q. lang at hindi kasama ang E.Q. development lalo na sa mga matataaas ang pinag aralan. lalo na yun mga produktong doctors, lawyers, professors. kaya yun doctorate ang level dyan na grumadwayte ang mga katangian nyan is a impatient, judgemental, at mapang mata ng kapwa etc. yan ang mga E.Q. core values na nadevelop sa kanilang pagkuha ng phd.

pag pasensyahan mo nlng.
    Ambastos at napakayabang mo naman. Ganyan ba ang tingin mo sa mga mahihirap?

Sana maghirap ka din para malaman mo kung gano kasakit yang mga pinagsasabi mo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    If it's 'HER' ER, eh isaksak na niya sa baga niya yung ER niya. Hindi porke't class C-D-E ang market niya ay dapat ugaling kanto na siya. I extend the same level of care to all my patients irregardless if they are some donya living in Forbes Park or an indigent patient needing to be transferred due to financial constraints. True, I'm not exactly the best doctor in the country but at least I care enough. If she doesn't like her job, umuwi na lang siya at gumawa pa ng maraming anak.
    problema talaga dito sa atin masyadong maraming MDs na masyadong malaki ang tingin sa sarili. just when did a single doctor become so important that he/she has the earned the right to call the entire emergency facility as her own? i've seen way too many conducting MDs get slammed by receiving ER attendings. these people sometimes even blame the source hospitals for being ill equipped and therefore causing added burden and 'toxicity' in their facilities. dapat kung ayaw mong humarap sa pasyente, wag kang mag-duktor.

PGH ba yan kamo?

pag pasensyahan mo nlng.
    wala akong makitang bakas ng E.Q. o matinong pagkakahubog ng ugali sa post mo.

why single out UP? PGH employs graduates from all over the philippines and the world.

we're simply dealing with an E.R. physician who's either had a rough day or has an innately rough personality to begin with.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    These comments are a bit uncalled for and a bit unfair to UP graduates - not all UP graduates are like what you described.
    I agree with nicolodeon.

*boydapa: Have you been to PGH? Alam mo ba na halos lahat ng patients dito ay charity? Have you seen you mga doctors nila na nagkakanda-ugaga sa dami ng patients at hirap na hirap sa paghahanap sponsors para lang makabili ng gamot yung mga patients nila? Lahat ng gimick ginagawa nila just to raise funds for their patients tapos sabihin mo "impatient, judgemental, at mapang mata ng kapwa"?! Huwag mong lahatin ang mga doktor sa PGH... Base from your statement ikaw ang lumalabas na judgemental, at mapang mata ng kapwa.

*Otep: Balitaan kita kung ano nangyari dun sa PX na nilipat mo. My wife is a pulmo fellow sa PGH. She will also ask details regarding your incident with Dr. J.S.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

Ang sa akin lang naman:
    1. We were both doctors. Granting I was in my more 'casual' clothes that time (I was just wearing my scrubs, white pants, and running shoes because the white coat and formal stuff do not really work well in my working environment), she has no right to look down on and lambast me as if I'm their hospital janitor. She talks to me like I'm a medical clerk or junior intern. I know I look kinda young for my age pero ano ba ipinagmamalaki niya? I don't even talk to the clerks or interns the way she did. How would she feel if she decided to visit UST or Makati Med at ako naman ang mamahiya sa kanya?

Doc otep, i don't think any person can lambast another one even if he is just the janitor, mssenger or other low-paid workers. It is very unethical. Further, it That bit**h dictor did that to you, how sure are we that she is not doing it to patients at PGH considering the stature of people there. Also, why is it that she over-reacted that way. Perhaps they are right na napaglilihihan ka doc!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    No offense to people in PGH, my sister actually works there.. but their ER is crap. things i'ved noticed:

- overworked staff..
    - the staff shouts at the patients.. especially if mejo on the class C/D yung mga patients.
    - too many people going in..
    - the room where they do some immediate work on incoming patients looks like a butcher's room/ wet market.. and this room has no privacy.
    - low security.. emergency na kailangan mo pang intindihin kung ma-dudukutan ka.
    - kulang sa budget.. not enough chairs, kahit strecher makikipag agawan ka pa.

this was two years ago, hopefully they have improved kahit paano..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PGH ba yan kamo?

pag pasensyahan mo nlng.
    Hijo, high ka ata. Doctor of Medicine pinag-uusapan dito, hindi Doctor of Philosophy nor nag-doctorate na tao.

Tsaka, pasensya ka na kung mahirap ang mga tiga-UP. Yun lang nakayanan namin e. Financially independent na kasi ako noong college pa lang, ibig sabihin gastos ko lahat at ako nagpaaral sa sarili ko kasi ayokong umasa sa mga magulang ko dahil kaya ko naman. Mura lang tuition sa UP noon, 6-7k lang/sem. Kahit sino siguro, gugustuhin mag-aral doon dahil mura diba. Kumbaga sa consumer item, good deal. Di ko kaya ang tuition sa Ateneo at iba pa. Gusto ko rin mag-aral sa Harvard kaya sa UP ko pinili mag-college. Nauna na ang exgf ko doon, at sabi nya maganda raw talaga.

Pasensya ka na ulit ha, ang yaman mo kasi eh.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    xto,
    I know the hospital you are in treats its clients very well. I was there last week with a transfer from Urdaneta, Pangasinan.

boydapa,
    Sir medyo unfair naman ata to generalize everybody. Even I have friends in UP and PGH. I think what happened is more of an exception rather than the rule in the said institution.

metatron,
    If anyone has the right to call an ER 'Her ER', eh si kumander ko na iyon. Because her family really does own the hospital where she is having her duty for the time being . But I don't see her throwing her weight around.

PRBB,
    Thanks! The transfer went smoothly after that ER incident. I would have wanted to personally endorse to the receiving MD as what is usually done (in addition to the phone endorsements prior to leaving MMC) but as I've said in the first post we were under time pressure and PGH physicians are a pretty busy bunch. The ward nurse did check if all the patient's documents (abstract, labs, plates, etc.) were in order and informed the receiving MD of the patient's arrival before we left.

I wouldn't really care if she yaks at me the whole day. I'm not one to be affected by such things. But it's a pretty disturbing thought to think that she does this to everyone around her.

I also don't believe that you have to be a 'toxic' or 'terror' doctor in order to be a good physician. My parents are both successful in their specialties yet they are both pleasant and good-natured. If I had really wanted to, I could just ask the pals of my folks to give that E.R. doc a hard time as a form of revenge. But I'm not that kind of person. I don't even care anyomore what her name is or what she does. I just wanted some place to vent that's why I started this thread.

I'm on duty again tomorrow. Maybe I'll get sent to PGH yet again! :lol:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    NAZQ: indeed the PGH is way too overloaded. But what can the institution do?

>too many poor people in the country.
    >too little budget thanks to the Govt who always find excuses to cut allocation fund.

But still, the ER lady shouldn't have done that to Doc OTEP. I have no idea how it really is to work in PGH but i can only imagine it's really stressful given the premise it's overloaded, overcrowded, underfunded, etc etc. I can only say she should've maintained professionalism in such chaotic environment but i can only go so far because i don't know her.

I honestly wouldn't want to work in such. That's why i only want to do hospital charities. It's easier.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Naghahanap yata ng away yung isang poster dito, eh ang daming taga-Peyups dito, kasama na ako.

Ingat lang sa mga posts mo parekoy. Mag-isip ka muna, bago ka magbitiw ng salita.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
F****** Doctor