New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry non-motoring rant. I usually don't rant about colleagues but sometimes I just have to vent. I'm also sorry I didn't catch the name of this doctor because my team and I were under a bit of time pressure (we were required to be in another location ASAP).

Forgive my rantings but here goes:

Yesterday, August 3, 2007, me and my team transferred a patient (intubated 77 year-old female with TB) from Makati Medical Center to another hospital.

When we got there, I asked the triage officer if we can unload the patient into the triage are, she said yes so we did. As we were trying to get the paperwork [and other red tape] in order, my team nurse informed me that we were running out of oxygen (we were just running on a portable O2 tank). I asked the triage officer where we can borrow a tank for the meantime. Seeing that there was no available tank or piped-in O2 in the triage area, she directed us to the main section of their ER. We wheeled the patient in and tapped into one of the O2 tanks there.

As I was on my way out to finish clarifying where we will take the patient and what needs to be done to finalize the transfer, a pregnant doctor suddenly butts in and starts creating a commotion and demanding who the is the doctor that accompanied the patient (that would be me ). She claims she is the ER officer and who put the patient in 'HER' ER and why she wasn't informed (yada...yada...yada). Not wanting to stoop down to her level, I calmly explained that we just needed to tap into some oxygen while I clear things up with the triage officer. I also explained that the transfer has already been coordinated with the Pulmonology fellow. I don't know kung gusto lang niyang mamahiya, but she kept yelling at me that this is 'HER' ER and she has to know everything (yada...yada...yada). Again, I explained that we are not making her responsible for the patient and we just needed an O2 source but she just kept yakking on and on.

Finally, we were able to effect the transfer by going to the admissions office. The person that filled out the paperwork said that it is really their hospital's policy to have all intubated patients pass by the ER first so there is nothing wrong with what we did.

Ang sa akin lang naman:
    1. We were both doctors. Granting I was in my more 'casual' clothes that time (I was just wearing my scrubs, white pants, and running shoes because the white coat and formal stuff do not really work well in my working environment), she has no right to look down on and lambast me as if I'm their hospital janitor. She talks to me like I'm a medical clerk or junior intern. I know I look kinda young for my age pero ano ba ipinagmamalaki niya? I don't even talk to the clerks or interns the way she did. How would she feel if she decided to visit UST or Makati Med at ako naman ang mamahiya sa kanya?

2. I was not passing a patient on to her. I just needed a place to get oxygen. How hard was that to understand?

3. Mahigit sampung taon siya nag-aral ng medicine pero basura pa din ugali niya. Ano yun, hindi pinalaki ng maayos ng magulang? Saka mahiya naman siya sa magiging anak niya. Sino ba rito ang may gusto ng nanay na basura ang ugali?

4. I and my medical team were not in violation of any of their institution's policies, bakit niya kami gusto ipahiya? Naiinggit ba siya sa Hiace Grandia Advanced Life Support unit namin? hehehe. May IVECO ambulance naman sila. Ewan ko lang kung may fuel.

5. If it's 'HER' ER, eh isaksak na niya sa baga niya yung ER niya. Hindi porke't class C-D-E ang market niya ay dapat ugaling kanto na siya. I extend the same level of care to all my patients irregardless if they are some donya living in Forbes Park or an indigent patient needing to be transferred due to financial constraints. True, I'm not exactly the best doctor in the country but at least I care enough. If she doesn't like her job, umuwi na lang siya at gumawa pa ng maraming anak.

Salamat sa oras. I feel a bit better now.

P.S. No offense sa PGH fanboys pero sa PGH nga pala ito nangyari. I'll just think of this as an isolated case, ayoko naman lahatin ang mga tao dun. I've done transfers to and from PGH before and ngayon lang nagkaron ng ganitong insidente.

P.P.S. Nagkita pa kami wiretap_md sa elevator on my way out.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    i could picture her as a single fat lady with a protruding tummy, on the first day of her menopause phase...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I sympathize with brod.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    doc,
    hindi kaya naglilihi lang yun at ikaw ang napaglilihian? if my guess is right, paglabas ng anak nun, kahawig ni doc otep.

kidding aside, me mga professionals din na sometimes hindi professional ang dating. let it go na lang, doc, karma lang ang katapat niyan. what goes around comes around.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    the f*ucking doctor reminds me of the "NAZI" in Grey's Anatomy. sunod dok, mag back up ka ng O2... at ear plug. hahahaha.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    makakarma din yan

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kala ko may pictures...sabi kasi sa title thread

F*CKING DOCTOR.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baiskee View Post

F*CKING DOCTOR.
    :lolabove: Mga hirit talaga ng menyaks ng Tsikot :grin2:

Eto picture :***:

Eto pa :banana3:

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baiskee View Post

F*CKING DOCTOR.
    nyahahah :rofl:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    [quote=lolo pepe;868335]doc,
    hindi kaya naglilihi lang yun at ikaw ang napaglilihian? if my guess is right, paglabas ng anak nun, kahawig ni doc otep.

Oo nga baka naglilihi lang yun

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
F****** Doctor