New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I've been cut by these teen riders (most of whom do not even seem to have a drivers license) like a million times. The most recent encounter, which was the closest, was when a girl (who looked 15 or 16) and a passenger both with no helmet on tried to overtake, tapos alanganin, biglang nag-cut kase counterflow sya. Had to brake hard para lang hindi ko sya masagasaan. After that, nag-promise na ko sa sarili ko, lahat ng magka-cut sa akin na tatanga tanga, hindi ko peprenuhan. Bahala sila sa buhay nila kung masagasaan sila at magkalasug-lasog sila o mamatay. Tanga sila, problema nila.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by picantorange
    After that, nag-promise na ko sa sarili ko, lahat ng magka-cut sa akin na tatanga tanga, hindi ko peprenuhan. Bahala sila sa buhay nila kung masagasaan sila at magkalasug-lasog sila o mamatay. Tanga sila, problema nila.
    sir, cool ka lang...hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I was just about to write to thread about this when I noticed there was one already..

*sigh*

yesterday sa may Tandang Sora Ave, (maraming ginagawa) there was this scooter that dangerously passed my left side. siguro mga 2 feet na lang yun. I had to brake hard kasi I was about to make a left turn (naka-signal light ako nun)

nakngputcha! sya pa ang nagalit. tiningnan ako tapos may mga sinabi pa!! eh di bumusina ako tapos sya naman while driving off gave the finger. DAMN.. I nearly blew it. My girl who was sitted beside me had to restrain me from going after him.

nakakayamot!

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by picantorange
    After that, nag-promise na ko sa sarili ko, lahat ng magka-cut sa akin na tatanga tanga, hindi ko peprenuhan. Bahala sila sa buhay nila kung masagasaan sila at magkalasug-lasog sila o mamatay. Tanga sila, problema nila.
    Hehehe. Baka magsisi ka kapag ginawa mo yan. Easy lang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamui
    For me the biggest problem I have noticed with the Filipino riding public is that they love to lane split. Generally motorbikes should only be allowed to pass in between cars if traffic is at a stop or is moving less than 20 kph in a straight line. That's how it is done in foreign countries. Lane splitting is the cause of most motorcycle accidents. Car drivers don't see the rider and accidentally swerve into them. Filipino drivers love to swerve from what I noticed on the roads. They do it without signalling. If only traffic rules were strictly enforced in this country then maybe problems with reckless drivers and riders would be greatly diminished.
    Yup... I rarely see scooters / bikes using their signal light properly. Though for cars, medyo marami rami na rin ang gumagamit ng signal lights.

Kahit sa NLEX ganyan din... some big bikes would lane split at 100kph!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I've had many experience with these kids... sometimes they even think their bikes(or scooters) are the equivalent of the Fast and the furious cars by strapping on neons, ridiculously loud exhausts and sometimes lowering them parang kotse ba naman? i dont see those ducatis and yamahas lowering their bikes on motoGP races? I mean may benefit ba to? yun mga GT cars, oo nilolower nila to reduce airflow under the car(since the bottom of the car is the least most aerodynamic part)

one time, I while driving on a moderately high speed higway, this yellow scooter was trying to overtake me but he was deficient on power and I was on my right of way. so he was trying over and over until a jeepney pulled over and stopped suddenly in front of him. of course hindi sya naka overtake at biglang preno sya. as I looked on my rear view mirror sya pa yun nagalit and gave me the finger. I was pissed off kase he had the nerve to blame me(baka kelangan nya ng masmalaking tambutso sa scooter nya para sa added hp). so I slowed down to wait for him. maybe confront him abit. so we had a chance to go side by side, as I looked at him he was mad(he continues making offensive gestures). ako rin badtrip na, so out of my mind I gestured to him how I felt by making sudden and slight swerves to his position. aba takot rin pala. alam rin pala nila na walang laban mga incy wincy scooter bikes nila sa malaking suv. an lakas ng loob magcut, magovertake ng alanganin tapos alam pala nila na slight nudge from an suv talsik sila sa daan - like bugsplatter on the windshield. as there was traffic ahead, he cowardly slivered thru the cars in front of me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    all i can say is that LTO and other government agencies are at its lowest! very inefficient, that is why we have lose canons on the streets! just a piece of advice, always keep your cool. I know someone who intentionally nudged a biker. the biker kid died and so is the driver. died of guilt.... unless you are ready to kill them... stay cool

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    all i can say is that LTO and other government agencies are at its lowest! very inefficient, that is why we have lose canons on the streets! just a piece of advice, always keep your cool. I know someone who intentionally nudged a biker. the biker kid died and so is the driver. died of guilt.... unless you are ready to kill them... stay cool

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Yup... I rarely see scooters / bikes using their signal light properly. Though for cars, medyo marami rami na rin ang gumagamit ng signal lights.

Kahit sa NLEX ganyan din... some big bikes would lane split at 100kph!
    Im not really sure about car drivers using their signal lights properly. Bikers are no better here also. In a day I could probably count the number of times I see a car driver or biker properly signal when overtaking or before taking a curve in an intersection. Its just how I think people here do things. I would bet a lot of Filipino drivers would fail if they took a licence exam in the U.S. or Japan. Instructors are very strict with the proper use of mirrors and signals.

I find it quite hard to apply the driving/riding style I used in the U.S. here in the Philippines. The conditions are just too different. And the bad part is, its the Filipino driver/biker who gets mad at me when he is the one not following the rules. I can't count the amount of times I've had car drivers try to force me off my lane while I'm riding a bike. Maybe its cuz they think they own the roads that they feel obligated to squeeze a person riding a motorbike off to the side of the road. And they do this while I'm travelling at 100 kph.

For me its not the vehicle thats the problem, it's the driver/rider. Metro Manila is filled with these reckless people.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    filipino style driving or american style driving... when you drove in the phils and back in the US and vice versa... was, is it culture or discipline? when a biker makes irrational lane changes, is it because he is reckless or is it because he percieves he is seen by the car all the time? or is it because he has not driven a car to experience what most motorist deem irrational lane changes? or it is because the philippines do not have a bike/motorcyle lane compared to most streets in the US? like spitting? if one spits on the streets of the US and other people saw it, its rude. but in china, it perfectly normal. in ancient times, people spit on the hands and shake hands to acknowledge confirmation of a deal. is it culture or discipline?

you know i think people in the phils force a bike out of the lane because as an owner of a bigger/faster car, they think they have power over the smaller bike... so as a car they think they have right of way over the bike. but then again, in some countries motorcyles/bike have their own lanes. in the philippines power is corrupts kahit nga someone has a friend who's a friend to a friend of a military official an yabang na. kala mo sino. sa states kase, kahit sino you can sue him til the last cent of hehehe

i personally do not know. i just go with the flow

sometimes it looks like teen riders/scooters are more committed to dieing because of what they are doing. i mean, the fact that they do not wear a helmet speaks for itself right?
    Last edited by cardo; June 13th, 2006 at 05:15 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
d*mn kids on scooters!!